• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

2023 EU 15***
Hello,
Thank you Sm1smom for your help on AOS forum. The next days I will try to catch up with CP processing and FTJ.

We didn't file DS 260 since is not processed for AOS. Now we have to change to CP so we send the DS this month or early January.

Q1. I was reading SimonBritssays and I understood that after January KCC will start processing faster the DS? That means we have a change to be proccesed before the VB start showing everybody current later on?
Considering we will be current soon but we will be processed late.

Q2. If others with AOS have a DS and they email KCC and request to change to CP, that is the day they start processing ..like in my case that I submitting for the first time?

Q3. Since I am in US I will put my current adress and ask to be interviewed at the consulate in my country- Romania?
1&2. Here’s what I feel you need to know (as against trying to over analyze the KCC’s processing or how). The sooner you submit your DS260 for CP, the sooner you get in the queue of DS260 forms to be processed and scheduled for an interview by KCC.
3. Yes.

I understood now. but since I have my interview in less than a month time. will it create any trouble? What the embassy will do in this case? Thanks
Regardless of the difficulty with getting a passport in your country, you still could have done what I previously wrote you needed to have done. Baby’s DS260 could have been created and submitted as soon as the baby was born (without the baby’s passport). You could have used yours or your spouse’s passport information to submit the baby’s DS260 while waiting for the baby’s passport to be processed. If only you ha I’m

Hi Sm1smom
I am DV 2023 AS4xxx and current in Jan 2023. I have not received the 2NL yet. My embassy requires an affidavit of support via I134. I have a friend who is willing to give this. However, there are couple of concerns
1. His PP is expiring soon and he put it up for renewal yesterday. It says it comes in 6-9 weeks. If I get my interview date before the new PP arrives, is there an alternate form of photo ID that's acceptable?
2. On the I134 it seems there is no place to add PP details of the person providing the support as I observed it. have I missed something?
3. My friend is also planning to move houses and is not sure when that will happen as he is still not decided. I guess I can get the I134 to be filled closer to the date of the interview so that the correct address can be added. Do you see any complications here?
4. And in the event he moved house and I134 has a new address than the one in his tax documents, does this cause an issue? Do I need a letter from him stating that he moved house etc?

Thank you so much for your patience

Hi Sm1smom
I am DV 2023 AS4xxx and current in Jan 2023. I have not received the 2NL yet. My embassy requires an affidavit of support via I134. I have a friend who is willing to give this. However, there are couple of concerns
1. His PP is expiring soon and he put it up for renewal yesterday. It says it comes in 6-9 weeks. If I get my interview date before the new PP arrives, is there an alternate form of photo ID that's acceptable?
2. On the I134 it seems there is no place to add PP details of the person providing the support as I observed it. have I missed something?
3. My friend is also planning to move houses and is not sure when that will happen as he is still not decided. I guess I can get the I134 to be filled closer to the date of the interview so that the correct address can be added. Do you see any complications here?
4. And in the event he moved house and I134 has a new address than the one in his tax documents, does this cause an issue? Do I need a letter from him stating that he moved house etc?

Thank you so much for your patience
1. Yes. Driver’s license
2. There’s no requirement to add such details on the form.
3. I don’t see any issue.
4. See response 3 above.

Not sure why the Panel Doctor you saw is telling you the vaccines need to be spaced out or that you need to do antibody tests first. Those vaccines can be administered the same day if you’re unable to present an existing vaccination card demonstrating you do not require new vaccines. Some selectees do the antibody tests in advance though (in place of presenting a vaccination card), and there’s no requirement to receive the TDAP vaccine first or that the antibody test needs to be carried out by the Panel Physician. I recommend you consider reaching out to another PP.
thanks for the quick response!

how and when do I know if I am required to submit an I134?
It is safe to assume that you will need one. Almost everyone I know that have gone through this process had to have one.

When will you know? In your 2NL and the letter from the embassy will lay down all the requirements and when you should submit them (usually on your interview date).

Hello.
I'm a DV 23 winner and I had a question that I was seeking clarity on.
Which payment option can one use to pay the immigrant USCIS fee?
I was thinking of using the debit card option.
Will it work or is there any other way I can do it from here in Kenya?

I've read from the USCIS page that one can use a debit card. I'm just not sure since my bank is a Kenyan bank account if it will work as long as it's a Visa debit card... I'm not sure.
Seeking clarity before I proceed.
Thank you.

Alhamdullilah my case has been scheduled for an interview at the embassy how shall I book the medical appointment?
Correct me If I am wrong. You did say you will be interviewing in Kenya right?. As far as I know, you do not need an appointment for medical exams in many countries. I would advice that you call the panel physician on the phone numbers provided on your embassy's interview instructions page to find out how to go about it. Couldn't post a link so see panel physician info below:

Approved clinic:

International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC)

78 United Nations Crescent
Off UN Avenue, Gigiri
Nairobi, Kenya
P.O BOX 55040-00200
Tel: 0734-860686 / 0731-974031
Email for appointments: mrfnbommsc@iom.int or
iomnbomedical@iom.int

Alhamdullilah my case has been scheduled for an interview at the embassy how shall I book the medical appointment?
{Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly note that we will schedule your appointment upon presentation of the following documents either in hard copy or soft copy emailed to iomnbomedical@iom.int

- Copy of valid passport’s bio-data page for each family member

- Your letter which has your case/file number}

You need to do this @Moha jicho for IOM to schedule you for a medical appointment.

Hello.
I'm a DV 23 winner and I had a question that I was seeking clarity on.
Which payment option can one use to pay the immigrant USCIS fee?
I was thinking of using the debit card option.
Will it work or is there any other way I can do it from here in Kenya?

I've read from the USCIS page that one can use a debit card. I'm just not sure since my bank is a Kenyan bank account if it will work as long as it's a Visa debit card... I'm not sure.
Seeking clarity before I proceed.
Thank you.
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS, it seems you were issued your Visa. You can pay the USCIS fee using your Visa debit card, that's perfectly OK.

It doesn't matter if your bank is in Kenya. Visa Cards are International meaning you can make payments from anywhere.

Welcome to America, Shed.

WOW Mashallah bro, I'm super happy for you. Make sure to read the Nairobi embassy instructions. Also, read the general instructions for DV selectees.

{Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly note that we will schedule your appointment upon presentation of the following documents either in hard copy or soft copy emailed to iomnbomedical@iom.int

- Copy of valid passport’s bio-data page for each family member

- Your letter which has your case/file number}

You need to do this @Moha jicho for IOM to schedule you for a medical appointment.
Do what Shed is saying here coz he/she has attended the interview at Nairobi & has experience with the process.

Alhamdulilah, it's now time to prepare properly for your interview.

It is safe to assume that you will need one. Almost everyone I know that have gone through this process had to have one.

I have no relatives/friends in US, what should I do in case if they ask for I134?

If I was a DV selectee, I would completely follow the instructions as provided and not try to justify why I’m not providing certain information as required. Even if I no longer have posting on any of the social media platforms I’ve used in the past, I would still list them, since I’m not afraid of them discovery anything unpleasant about me that I’m trying to hide from them. FaceBook in particular is an easy platform for the authorities to discover if I’ve had a presence there in the past or currently still do. And in this digital age, nothing is actually truly deleted.

This is my perspective on what I think I would have done.
I had LinkedIn accounts in the past. Never really used the platform and probably deleted them but I have old emails. When I try to recover the account it says there is no account.
Should I mention LinkedIn and add the email address anyway instead of username (which I can't find)?

I had LinkedIn accounts in the past. Never really used the platform and probably deleted them but I have old emails. When I try to recover the account it says there is no account.
Should I mention LinkedIn and add the email address anyway instead of username (which I can't find)?
Please use your own discretion.