• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello, I am curious to know if KCC/embassies can access our email correspondence or read what we write on the forums like this one. @Sm1smom @Britsimon have you ever heard of something like this? Thanks!
Anything posted in a public forum can be read or accessed by anyone. Personal email correspondence is of a different nature of course since it is private unless publicly shared, or the email account gets hacked.

Hello, in DS-260, we need to add social media, including YouTube (if it's applicable). I don't have a YouTube channel, but I open YouTube with my gmail email address and watch videos. I can also leave a few likes or comment if I like something (happens very rare). Does this mean that I need to provide my YouTube? If so, please help me understand what exactly should be provided in this case. Thank you!

Hello, in DS-260, we need to add social media, including YouTube (if it's applicable). I don't have a YouTube channel, but I open YouTube with my gmail email address and watch videos. I can also leave a few likes or comment if I like something (happens very rare). Does this mean that I need to provide my YouTube? If so, please help me understand what exactly should be provided in this case. Thank you!
If you use it, list it. It comes across like you’re trying to minimize your internet presence for whatever reason.

@Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ, kindly help out. I am a dv 2023 selectee and I went to collect my high school diploma from my high school(which I completed 16 years ago) just three days ago only to realize my date of birth was captured wrongly. The examining body will not correct the error because they claim it was made a long time ago (16years). What do you advise I do since the high school diploma is a primary document I'll need at the interview.
Note: all my other documents have the correct date of birth.

@Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ, kindly help out. I am a dv 2023 selectee and I went to collect my high school diploma from my high school(which I completed 16 years ago) just three days ago only to realize my date of birth was captured wrongly. The examining body will not correct the error because they claim it was made a long time ago (16years). What do you advise I do since the high school diploma is a primary document I'll need at the interview.
I’m not sure if there’s anything you can do about that.

It comes across like you’re trying to minimize your internet presence for whatever reason.
This is a false statement and has nothing to do with me. I am not trying to minimize my internet presence in any way.

If you use it, list it.
How can I list it? I have no identifiers since there is no YouTube channel.

I am just trying to understand how to provide YouTube presence if I have no YouTube channel (am i overthinking again?), I never post any videos, or anything like that. That's why I am asking, maybe someone knows how to let them know that i can still watch YouTube videos. What to provide in this case?

This is a false statement and has nothing to do with me. I am not trying to minimize my internet presence in any way.

How can I list it? I have no identifiers since there is no YouTube channel.

I am just trying to understand how to provide YouTube presence if I have no YouTube channel (am i overthinking again?), I never post any videos, or anything like that. That's why I am asking, maybe someone knows how to let them know that i can still watch YouTube videos. What to provide in this case?
If you're not actively present on the platform, you may ignore it, I guess.

Go to a lawyer in your country and have him make you a statutory declaration/affidavit clearly declaring that you have the wrong date of birth on your education documents and let it say you're the same person & the owner of the high school diploma. Respective government bodies must then stamp the statutory declaration in your country.

I'm a DV 23 winner & I have this exact problem and this is what I did to solve it. I hope it helps.

Have you received your 2nl & are you soon going for your interview? I'm curious to know that

Last edited:
Go to a lawyer in your country and have him make you a statutory declaration/affidavit clearly declaring that you have the wrong date of birth on your education documents and let it say you're the same person & the owner of the high school diploma. Respective government bodies must then stamp the statutory declaration in your country.

I'm a DV 23 winner & I have this exact problem and this is what I did to solve it. I hope it helps.

Have you received your 2nl & are you soon going for your interview? I'm curious to know that
In OP’s case I’m thinking there shouldn’t be any issues, CO will look at the totality of the application and if all other documents are in order it should be obvious that the DOB was a mistake.

Even better if they are able to show that they attempted to correct the mistake and was denied.

Any other school documentation, pre-high school, might also help to demonstrate a timeline of their academic career and that the documents belong to the same person.

Hi guys, I still don't get why kcc is making so many cases current yet there are so many delays in 2nls,especially in Africa
You just have to be patient & wait. The process is proven to work as it has worked for over 2 decades. KCC is definitely aware of this & will handle it. We have a long journey until 30 Sept 2023. Be patient @Mudanya

Thanks bro.
I'm not current yet, so I've not received my 2NL yet.

Hey guys, I am not current yet, however, I have a question with regards to vaccinations.
I have checked with the doctor responsible for approving the medical report in my country and he highlighted 3 vaccinations that I have to take within a 1 month period (they should be spaced out for medical reasons).
Accordingly, he recommended that I should go forward with the vaccinations (high cost) before getting my 2NL. What do you guys think? is the period between 2NL and interview sufficient to squeeze in these vaccinations?