• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello

I had my interview yesterday, 3 questions and fine answers .
They gave me a paper ( 221 g) saying that they want to do some checks but no document is missing. The interviewer give me the passport and said he may call me to bring it , once I said I live far ( another country ) , he decided to keep the passeport with him and said the check is not complicated and won’t take time.
After the interview I checked ceac and saw “refused” as bellow and after around 6 hours I saw another status .
Does it mean they have finished the check?
Is it a good sign ?
Need your help with your experiences
No, it doesn’t mean they’ve finished their review. You will see Issued if they’re done and your visa has been issued. Your case is undergoing active AP.

Hello Sm1smom , thank you
I just got an email now from the embassy .
Do you think that it means I will get the visa ?

Attachments

• 5F86EF20-7D3E-42CE-BBBA-910C247756E8.jpeg
    5F86EF20-7D3E-42CE-BBBA-910C247756E8.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 51
Hi guys after I was put on AP a month and a half ago because of additional IRS and form 1040 today I received another email requesting me to supplementary questionnaire as soon as possible to enable the processing of the immigrant visa.

Is that normal?

Hi guys after I was put on AP a month and a half ago because of additional IRS and form 1040 today I received another email requesting me to supplementary questionnaire as soon as possible to enable the processing of the immigrant visa.

Is that normal?
This is not an unusual request.

Dear mom,
My case got current and I did not receive 2NL after 50 days. Do you recommend to submit DS260 to speed up the process of KCC response?
I have 3 derivatives, in this case should I need to submit DS260 forms for all?

Thank you

Dear mom,
My case got current and I did not receive 2NL after 50 days. Do you recommend to submit DS260 to speed up the process of KCC response?
I have 3 derivatives, in this case should I need to submit DS260 forms for all?

Thank you
Again, go through the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet. And why are you posting an AOS related question on the CP thread?

Hi all, hope you are all well. I got an interview Johannesburg in June but it has dawned on me that maybe my matric certificate which was earned in 1999 May not be suffient. 12 years of school no maths at the end of matric. in South Africa it is only compulsory to take maths up until std 7 (grade 9) then after that you can choose other subjects. I also did not get an endorsement. I have been searching the web crazy today but can’t really figure out if it will be good enough to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreited. From what I understand in the American schooling system you are required to take maths for a certain number of years same as South Africa but still really unsure. Or is it good enough to have just been issued a matric certificate From a high school after 12 years of schooling? The wording is subtle on the requirements
(DV) Program requires the principal DV applicant to have a high school education, or its equivalent by US law

which could be interpreted in a lot of ways.

Matric with exemption = High School with diploma = college
Matric no exemption = high school certificate of completion = no college

I think I may be correct?

Hello colleagues here,

Asking for a colleague,

He recently had his interview and was flagged a refusal as attached in the form. He has the minimum qualification of UACE but still attended interview with his diploma certificates. It's however not clear why the consular had to concentrate on his diploma certificates and I would like to seek your guidance on the following

1 How should he address this particular query Inorder to appeal the Consulars decision

2 has anyone been through the same experience and how best can he prove to the consular that indeed he has a diploma and currently working for a company dealing in IT Communication

3 Can a refusal In this aspect be rescinded by the consular.

I welcome your ideas on this as my colleague is surely depressed.

Hello colleagues here,

Asking for a colleague,

He recently had his interview and was flagged a refusal as attached in the form. He has the minimum qualification of UACE but still attended interview with his diploma certificates. It's however not clear why the consular had to concentrate on his diploma certificates and I would like to seek your guidance on the following

1 How should he address this particular query Inorder to appeal the Consulars decision

2 has anyone been through the same experience and how best can he prove to the consular that indeed he has a diploma and currently working for a company dealing in IT Communication

3 Can a refusal In this aspect be rescinded by the consular.

I welcome your ideas on this as my colleague is surely depressed.
It's a waste of time in my opinion to try and appeal. He had to prove everything in the interview, in one shot. He should have proven everything in there, what exactly was the stated reason? There is no attached form.

Dear members,
Hope you're all well
Iam asking for your take on a case which is in the 56thousands, 56*** and is still at NVC attached to a very slow East African Embassy.. What are the chances that it will be scheduled for interview now that the embassy is still in 20k by April 24th.

Thanks
Have a great day

It's a waste of time in my opinion to try and appeal. He had to prove everything in the interview, in one shot. He should have proven everything in there, what exactly was the stated reason? There is no attached form.
I have attached the form he was issued but it states he failed to prove education and work experience but he had his UACE attached as the minimum education required. So his trying to put together his work experience together to couple it with the minimum education qualification

I have attached the form he was issued but it states he failed to prove education and work experience but he had his UACE attached as the minimum education required. So his trying to put together his work experience together to couple it with the minimum education qualification
There is no attachment. Anyway, by going the work experience route as the appeal grounds, he is indirectly accepting that he did not meet the requirement. Was his education verified? What exactly did he say in the interview?
Edit : See https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-lottery-visa-denial-based-on-photo.331602/ It seems you cannot appeal the decision. This seems closest to your case https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-lottery-denied.327945/ Why did your friend show a diploma if they have UACE? Maybe that confused the CO.

Last edited: