• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Sorry the innitial attachment was large, that's the attachment. The marked is the reason for denial. He says when he submitted his documents to the first counter.. The certificate of UACE was not returned to him. And therefore the documents that were forwarded to the consular didn't include the certificate. And he didn't figure out why. It's why he wants to reappeal and send the UACE certified document as well

@Sm1smom please kindly throw more insight on this as we prepare make an appeal

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230424_145431.jpg
    IMG_20230424_145431.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Sorry the innitial attachment was large, that's the attachment. The marked is the reason for denial. He says when he submitted his documents to the first counter.. The certificate of UACE was not returned to him. And therefore the documents that were forwarded to the consular didn't include the certificate. And he didn't figure out why. It's why he wants to reappeal and send the UACE certified document as well

Thanks
He should have solved this immediately by going back to the counter. It's now too late.

Hi to everyone
I'm dv 2023 winner from cameroon , I will have my interview appointment next month. While registering my appointement this morning , I have mistaken my first name by writting CHRISTINE instead of CHRISTIANE and there is no possibility to modify it online
Pls could someone advise on the way to solve the issue

Hi all, hope you are all well. I got an interview Johannesburg in June but it has dawned on me that maybe my matric certificate which was earned in 1999 May not be suffient. 12 years of school no maths at the end of matric. in South Africa it is only compulsory to take maths up until std 7 (grade 9) then after that you can choose other subjects. I also did not get an endorsement. I have been searching the web crazy today but can’t really figure out if it will be good enough to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreited. From what I understand in the American schooling system you are required to take maths for a certain number of years same as South Africa but still really unsure. Or is it good enough to have just been issued a matric certificate From a high school after 12 years of schooling? The wording is subtle on the requirements
(DV) Program requires the principal DV applicant to have a high school education, or its equivalent by US law

which could be interpreted in a lot of ways.
I understand the minimum educational eligibility requirement to mean a "successful" completion of high school comparable to completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the United States, not just high school completion. This to me means the high school diploma on it's own should be good enough (meets the necessary requirements) to secure a college admission.

Do you have an advanced degree? If you do, you should plan on taking it along to your interview would be my recommendation.

Молим вас, да ли се 3. степен редовно завршава и 5. степен ванредно признаје за руководиоце продавница, да ли прихватају радно искуство продавца?

Thanks
Hello colleagues here,

Asking for a colleague,

He recently had his interview and was flagged a refusal as attached in the form. He has the minimum qualification of UACE but still attended interview with his diploma certificates. It's however not clear why the consular had to concentrate on his diploma certificates and I would like to seek your guidance on the following

1 How should he address this particular query Inorder to appeal the Consulars decision

2 has anyone been through the same experience and how best can he prove to the consular that indeed he has a diploma and currently working for a company dealing in IT Communication

3 Can a refusal In this aspect be rescinded by the consular.

I welcome your ideas on this as my colleague is surely depressed.
I'm confused by what you've written here.
First you state, your friend has the minimum UACE qualification, but he attended his interview with his diploma certificates - precisely which "diploma certificates" did he present at the interview?
Then you state, your friend submitted his documents (which I assume included the UACE certificate) at the first counter, the UACE certificate was not returned to him, his documents which got subsequently got forwarded to the CO did not include the UACE certificate - so who forwarded the documents to the CO?

Anyway, what I can deduce is your friend did not attend his interview fully prepared to demonstrate he meets the educational requirement. He only had one shot. There is no appealing the CO's decision AFAIK. The burden of proving that an applicant's education is equivalent to a high school degree is entirely on the applicant, seems like your friend was unable to demonstrate that unfortunately.

Молим вас, да ли се 3. степен редовно завршава и 5. степен ванредно признаје за руководиоце продавница, да ли прихватају радно искуство продавца?
This is an English speaking forum. You need to post your questions in English only please.

This is an English speaking forum. You need to post your questions in English only please.
Please, are the 3rd degree regularly completed and the 5th degree completed extraordinarily recognized for store managers, do they accept salesperson's work experience?

Sorry

Please, are the 3rd degree regularly completed and the 5th degree completed extraordinarily recognized for store managers, do they accept salesperson's work experience?

Sorry
I don't understand what you mean by 3rd degree or 5th degree. If you're asking about qualifying with work experience, you'll need to check the O*Net Online to determine if you work is in the Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher. Basically applicants qualifying for DV based on their work experience must, within the five years preceding the date of their visa application, have two years of experience in an occupation that is in Job Zone 4 or 5, and classified in a SVP range of 7.0 or higher.

So you need to log into the O*Net Online link and follow the below steps to determine if your work experience meets the requirements:
1. Click on the “Find Occupations” link;
2. On the “Find Occupations” screen, enter occupational title, such as, “store manager", "salesperson" “painter,” “hairdresser,” etc., and click on the “Go” button. A search results page appears with a list of various occupation titles that relate to whatever job title was entered. Click on the link in the “Occupation” column for the title that seems appropriate for your job experience;
3. A brief description for the job title will appear followed by more detailed data covering the following areas: tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, work activities, work context, job zone, interests, work values, related occupations, and wages and employment.

My friend who is DV 2023 winner can’t get a visa to the country where his DV interview is scheduled and other embassies are not accepting his transfer request. Does he has any other options or any other way he can transfer his interview to another location like contacting the state department or KCC?

My friend who is DV 2023 winner can’t get a visa to the country where his DV interview is scheduled and other embassies are not accepting his transfer request. Does he has any other options or any other way he can transfer his interview to another location like contacting the state department or KCC?
Why can't he get a visa where he is scheduled and why did he choose that place if he has no visa there?

Consulate general of Casablanca
Went there at 7:30, I have been rescheduled to 25th april, 8:00am (and noticed that most of the dv winners of today have been also rescheduled) from an initial 2NL letter which stated that my interview was in March.

At 7:30, I went there and there was already a huge queue and I was not able to enter until 8:10.

First security check, you leave your bag and turn off your cellphone.
Then, you are asked to pay the fees. I paid in Moroccan Dirhams.
Then, you will be asked to wait in the queue with your documents in your hand, in order to proceed to have your fingerprints taken. The officer, on top of taking your fingerprints, will also check and rearrange your documents using a checklist to make sure you check for everything. He will also ask for your address in the US, which I provided. I checked for everything (no missing documents), and then, he told me that the original documents will be given back to me and the copies and translations will stay with them. At this step, your case is put in a stack, and forwarded to another officer with which you will conduct your final interview.
Then, you will be asked to wait again until the officer calls you by your name. Then, he proceeds with questions (no vicious/tricky questions by the way), in order to get to know you a little better and form an opinion about you, which should help him make an informed final decision.
If everything goes well, you will be handed a white paper, which is a visa approval, and that was my case, thank god!
For the anecdote, I couldn't stop talking and acted very social for the whole day, and was greeting strangers in the street on my way back home, a wonderful feeling that I hope you'll have to feel at least once.

Thank you all for your help. I have gone through a lot of doubt and stress, but it was well worth it.

Hello there I just received my 2nl
I have a question I lived and worked in qatar for 2 years from 2019 to 2021 October and I am from East Africa now one of the required documents is a pcc.... So I was asking am I suppose to provide a pcc from my country of birth and qatar or one from my country now that I've been in my country for more than a year now ?

I have a question I lived and worked in qatar for 2 years from 2019 to 2021 October and I am from East Africa now one of the required documents is a pcc.... So I was asking am I suppose to provide a pcc from my country of birth and qatar or one from my country now that I've been in my country for more than a year now ?

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a police certificate from the following locations:

From ...AND...THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from...
the country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 monthsis 16 years old or olderthe police authorities of that locality.
the country of current residence (if different from nationality) if they resided there for more than 6 monthswas 16 years or older at that timethe police authorities of that locality.
any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 monthswas 16 years or older at that timethe police authorities of that locality.
any country where arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived therewas any age at that timethe police authorities from place of arrest.

SOURCE: U.S. Department of States

Hello family, I hope to find you in good health.
I had my interview on March 10, I was placed in PA. The consular officer kept my passport..
I was just told that they will need additional information, then they sent me the DS5535 form which I filled out and returned...
I am single, I have never traveled to any country..
With your experience, I would like to know the reasons why a person ends up filling out this famous form..
Thank you for answering me, have a nice day...

You can check this website, it tells you exactly how to obtain it whether from inside the country or outside. https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Qatar.html
Good luck!

Hello family, I hope to find you in good health.
I had my interview on March 10, I was placed in PA. The consular officer kept my passport..
I was just told that they will need additional information, then they sent me the DS5535 form which I filled out and returned...
I am single, I have never traveled to any country..
With your experience, I would like to know the reasons why a person ends up filling out this famous form..
Thank you for answering me, have a nice day...
Only the CO knows why you were put on the AP, no one can predict the reason. However, if the CO kept your passport, they may believe that it won't take long and they'll be able to clear the AP quickly.

Only the CO knows why you were put on the AP, no one can predict the reason. However, if the CO kept your passport, they may believe that it won't take long and they'll be able to clear the AP quickly.
The cases are not the same but when you read the experiences of those who have been there it seriously freaks out.
Can you tell me a little more about this famous form.. ??
1) Is it for security reasons??
2) or a problem with the ds??
3) Most of those you know who have been there, have they won their visas?? (question to reassure me )