• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi All, I have a question regarding 2NL issuance and interview scheduling. At what point are 2NL's typically issued in relation to the visa bulletins? Example: Latest bulletin for April showed an increase in the current cases for Oceania in May. When will the 2NL's for those case numbers becoming current in May get issued? Soon after the bulletin was released in March? Sometime this month in April? Obviously with any interviews being scheduled in May or later when the cases are current. Or do the 2NL's not get issued until the month of May when the cases become current?
KCC starts to send out 2NLs a few days after (sometimes on the same day) of the Visa Bulletin, they are sent in an Alphabetical format of the embassies. 2NLs are usually send 6 - 8 weeks in advance. The VB for May is published in March (usually after the 15th of each month)

That’s a load of BS the agent you interacted with dumped on you, I suggest you take it with a pinch of salt. The GC does not need to get produced and issued before the SSN gets issued - this is evidenced by majority of new LPRs receiving their SSN long before their GC show up in the mail. Plus, USCIS has no way of knowing if the SSN has been issued or not, a separate organization is responsible for issuing the SSN.
Yes, that's what I was reading as well from other LPRs, and I always expected the SSN to be issued earlier than the GC. Nonetheless as you suggested I got no other better option than just wait and see if I'll get it by the time I fly back or I'll need to pay the SSA a visit eventually

KCC starts to send out 2NLs a few days after (sometimes on the same day) of the Visa Bulletin, they are sent in an Alphabetical format of the embassies. 2NLs are usually send 6 - 8 weeks in advance. The VB for May is published in March (usually after the 15th of each month)
I thought the 2NL's came from the consulates/embassy? As they schedule their interviews not KCC? Or am I wrong

Another question, has anyone received any kind of confirmation email that their DS-260 has been processed? Prior to receiving your 2NL? I sent KCC an email asking if mine has been processed but they gave me a round about answer that I have submitted a valid DS-260 but they didn't say if it was processed or not.

Another question, has anyone received any kind of confirmation email that their DS-260 has been processed? Prior to receiving your 2NL? I sent KCC an email asking if mine has been processed but they gave me a round about answer that I have submitted a valid DS-260 but they didn't say if it was processed or not.
I sent an inquire around mid-february asking infos about my DS-260 and they sent me this answer on 22nd February:

"Your DS-260 has been processed. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing."

By the end of march I received the notification about my 2NL.

I thought the 2NL's came from the consulates/embassy? As they schedule their interviews not KCC? Or am I wrong
Not really, interviews scheduling is on KCC. The embassy/consulate knows nothing about your case until the moment your case is scheduled and transferred to them by KCC, and that's when you get your 2NL.

Not really, interviews scheduling is on KCC. The embassy/consulate knows nothing about your case until the moment your case is scheduled and transferred to them by KCC, and that's when you get your 2NL.
I see. Thanks for your responses.

If the response you got was something like " Records indicate that you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260....) that means your form has been processed, this is a regular email template KCC uses. You need to be current in VB, and your embassy has capacity, you'll get invited.

We recently traveled to the US, after our visas were approved. Here is our experience with Montreal consulate:

We attended the interview with a missing police certificate as the fingerprints agency submitted a police certificate application with poor fingerprints to RCMP. The interview took around 15 minutes, and we were granted an approval on one of the applications. We were told to provide the missing document in order for the second visa to be issued. A few weeks later, we received one passport with a visa stamped on. However, after a couple of attempts (via email) inquiring the consulate whether the missing document was received, confirmation of receipt email was received. They also asked us to re-do the medical exam. We were confused at first as to why they’re asking for a medical exam, so we had emailed them multiple times hoping that their medical exam request was just a mistake. After over a month later, we decided to go for another medical exam. Once medical exam was done, the second was issued soon after.

SSNs were delivered to the address we gave in our DS-260 form and at the PoE around 3 weeks after we entered the U.S. As for GCs: one of which was mailed, and the other one is still being produced. I’m assuming it will be delivered soon as well.

Recommendations:

• Be prepared for the interview and make sure all documents are ready. If you have missing documents, do not reschedule your interview. Have a written explanation as to why you have not provided the required document and explain that to the officer.
  • Keep your answers short and answer the questions you’re asked. If you do not understand what you’re asked, ask the officer to elaborate. ;)
  • Follow instructions provided carefully. If you have any doubts, you may research/google or ask someone who had gone through the same experience. Contact the embassy/consulate if instructions are not clear. They may be able to provide detailed guidance.
  • If you were asked to provide an additional document, do so without questioning why. They know what they’re doing, and by asking additional questions, you’re delaying no one but yourself.
I’ll keep visiting this forum and answer questions I am/may be familiar with. Wish you all best of luck.

We recently traveled to the US, after our visas were approved. Here is our experience with Montreal consulate:

We attended the interview with a missing police certificate as the fingerprints agency submitted a police certificate application with poor fingerprints to RCMP. The interview took around 15 minutes, and we were granted an approval on one of the applications. We were told to provide the missing document in order for the second visa to be issued. A few weeks later, we received one passport with a visa stamped on. However, after a couple of attempts (via email) inquiring the consulate whether the missing document was received, confirmation of receipt email was received. They also asked us to re-do the medical exam. We were confused at first as to why they’re asking for a medical exam, so we had emailed them multiple times hoping that their medical exam request was just a mistake. After over a month later, we decided to go for another medical exam. Once medical exam was done, the second was issued soon after.

SSNs were delivered to the address we gave in our DS-260 form and at the PoE around 3 weeks after we entered the U.S. As for GCs: one of which was mailed, and the other one is still being produced. I’m assuming it will be delivered soon as well.

Recommendations:

• Be prepared for the interview and make sure all documents are ready. If you have missing documents, do not reschedule your interview. Have a written explanation as to why you have not provided the required document and explain that to the officer.
  • Keep your answers short and answer the questions you’re asked. If you do not understand what you’re asked, ask the officer to elaborate. ;)
  • Follow instructions provided carefully. If you have any doubts, you may research/google or ask someone who had gone through the same experience. Contact the embassy/consulate if instructions are not clear. They may be able to provide detailed guidance.
  • If you were asked to provide an additional document, do so without questioning why. They know what they’re doing, and by asking additional questions, you’re delaying no one but yourself.
I’ll keep visiting this forum and answer questions I am/may be familiar with. Wish you all best of luck.
Congrats, I was not asked anything at the PoE. I was simply told "Oh you won the lottery", then taken to some room and sat for about two minutes before I was told "Welcome to America". No questions about address or anything, plus I was not fingerprinted. Is this a problem?

I sent an inquire around mid-february asking infos about my DS-260 and they sent me this answer on 22nd February:

"Your DS-260 has been processed. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing."

By the end of march I received the notification about my 2NL.
I sent an inquire also at same time... receive answer around 15th February... (same answer... "your ds260 has been processed.." ) but still no 2NL :(

Congrats, I was not asked anything at the PoE. I was simply told "Oh you won the lottery", then taken to some room and sat for about two minutes before I was told "Welcome to America". No questions about address or anything, plus I was not fingerprinted. Is this a problem?
I guess it depends on where you've landed. I read in previous answers that it shouldn't be a problem.

I called one certified English translator today in Canada and she told me that it's better to get certified (or true) copies of high school diploma before translating the documents to English. She said better to get certified copy from court or Service Canada office.

She said last year she had a case of someone who had interview in Montreal and they were having problems because their copies of documents were not certified.

Did anyone here have such experience? First time I hear of such a requirement. I thought certified translator's statement on document is enough to confirm it.

Hi,

I cannot get the police certificate from Iraq, i used to work there for 3 years, the procedure is pretty complicated and you need to give power of attorney to someone in Iraq after applying through the Iraqi embassy, so they can process it further there in certain ministries. I do not have anyone there that will do this for me.
I used to live and work in a Camp and never left it, only when going to airport to travel for vacation and when going back.
Will this be a problem at the interview.
Appreciate any insight on this from previous experiences that you may had. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I cannot get the police certificate from Iraq, i used to work there for 3 years, the procedure is pretty complicated and you need to give power of attorney to someone in Iraq after applying through the Iraqi embassy, so they can process it further there in certain ministries. I do not have anyone there that will do this for me.
I used to live and work in a Camp and never left it, only when going to airport to travel for vacation and when going back.
Will this be a problem at the interview.
Appreciate any insight on this from previous experiences that you may had. Thanks in advance.
Did you try contacting their embassy/consulate to obtain it from there?

Document Name: Shahadat adam mahkoomiyah

Issuing Government Authority: The Directorate of Criminal Information "Modeeriat Aladellah Aljinaeyah" in Baghdad.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Iraqi police certificates are frequently updated. The color of the three most recent versions are: 1) light gray with a raised golden Iraqi coat of arms in the middle; 2) white with a blue border; and 3) white with yellow and purple in the corners. All certificates have the applicant’s ten prints (back), wet seal from Criminal Evidence Department (front), dry seal from Ministry of Interior (front), wet seal from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (back); wet seal over the applicant’s photo (front); signatures from Director of Criminal Evidence Department and Ministry of Interior (front), and signatures of Director of Fingerprints Department, Fingerprints Expert and Fingerprints Officer (back).

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Major General, Director of Criminal Evidence Department "modeer qesim aladellah aljinaeyah"

Registration Criteria: Each applicant with legal residency in Iraq can apply for an Iraqi Police Certificate, regardless of nationality. Applicants within Iraq must obtain this certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Evidence Department, Ministry of Interior in Baghdad, Iraq. Certificates obtained from branch offices in other cities are not acceptable. Applicants outside Iraq can apply for a certificate through the Iraq Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence.

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants must appear in-person to apply for a police certificate. Processing time: 5 days.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents

Exceptions: None

Comments: Police certificates issued in the Kurdistan region (Erbil, Sulaimaniyah and Dohuk) are not acceptable for Immigrant Visa application purposes. The police certificates issued by the Directorate of Criminal Information are frequently replaced and updated.

Did you try contacting their embassy/consulate to obtain it from there?

Document Name: Shahadat adam mahkoomiyah

Issuing Government Authority: The Directorate of Criminal Information "Modeeriat Aladellah Aljinaeyah" in Baghdad.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Iraqi police certificates are frequently updated. The color of the three most recent versions are: 1) light gray with a raised golden Iraqi coat of arms in the middle; 2) white with a blue border; and 3) white with yellow and purple in the corners. All certificates have the applicant’s ten prints (back), wet seal from Criminal Evidence Department (front), dry seal from Ministry of Interior (front), wet seal from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (back); wet seal over the applicant’s photo (front); signatures from Director of Criminal Evidence Department and Ministry of Interior (front), and signatures of Director of Fingerprints Department, Fingerprints Expert and Fingerprints Officer (back).

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Major General, Director of Criminal Evidence Department "modeer qesim aladellah aljinaeyah"

Registration Criteria: Each applicant with legal residency in Iraq can apply for an Iraqi Police Certificate, regardless of nationality. Applicants within Iraq must obtain this certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Evidence Department, Ministry of Interior in Baghdad, Iraq. Certificates obtained from branch offices in other cities are not acceptable. Applicants outside Iraq can apply for a certificate through the Iraq Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence.

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants must appear in-person to apply for a police certificate. Processing time: 5 days.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents

Exceptions: None

Comments: Police certificates issued in the Kurdistan region (Erbil, Sulaimaniyah and Dohuk) are not acceptable for Immigrant Visa application purposes. The police certificates issued by the Directorate of Criminal Information are frequently replaced and updated.
Yes i did, they explained that after i apply for the certificate at the Iraqi embassy/consulate (which btw is not in my country), they will send the application to someone i have authorized in Iraq to further process it, get the certificate, stamp and whatnot. When i read the instructions you sent above it looked easy but in fact its very complicated and practically impossible for me to get this one.

Completely by accident I found the page "https://ais.usvisa-info.com/"

Now I'm completely puzzled if I should even use this page.

My interview is already scheduled, nowhere in 2NL or any communication with consulate or KCC it says to register on this page, this is really well hidden website I don't know why. Even when going through questionare on it makes me doubt if it does apply to me since they ask questions such as "I was told to register here for DV lottery" where in fact nobody technically told me to register there.

So can someone clarify if registering on this page is mandatory? I don't want to fill my data there to mess up my interview that is already scheduled by KCC.