• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Were you Kenya if I recall?
Nairobi has not been doing a lot of DV cases, maybe averaging around 50 DV visas a month for the last few months, and has nearly 3500 selectees for DV2023 (assume maybe half of those have submitted DSs). So it could be a wait, i have no idea why they are so slow, hopefully they will pick up the pace.
Yes Nairobi embassy

Hey guys, new here
I am a DV-2023 selectee
And I've submitted my DS-260 on August 24, I did not receive any notifications from KCC.
I am not sure what happens now.
I am worried that I submitted my DS-260 too early, when should I've submitted? Should I wait till October?
Some of the documents required have an expiry date, I already applied for them but not sure if too early

Hey guys, new here
I am a DV-2023 selectee
And I've submitted my DS-260 on August 24, I did not receive any notifications from KCC.
I am not sure what happens now.
I am worried that I submitted my DS-260 too early, when should I've submitted? Should I wait till October?
Some of the documents required have an expiry date, I already applied for them but not sure if too early
My understanding is that you wait.

Don't be worried; you did not submit too early. You kinda submitted later than many people who submit as early as May. Also depends on your case number (CN) and region. If your is current this month, then yes, you have submitted late.

My understanding is that you wait.

Don't be worried; you did not submit too early. You kinda submitted later than many people who submit as early as May. Also depends on your case number (CN) and region. If your is current this month, then yes, you have submitted late.
what happens if your number is current and you submitted late, you lose your chance or they will just schedule interview as soon as your form is processed?

I have low CN which was current in October already (2023EU29XX), but submitted on September 10th does it mean I could have lost my chance to get interview scheduled?

what happens if your number is current and you submitted late, you lose your chance or they will just schedule interview as soon as your form is processed?

I have low CN which was current in October already (2023EU29XX), but submitted on September 10th does it mean I could have lost my chance to get interview scheduled?
You'll get scheduled when they're done processing your DS260 (and if your embassy is processing DV cases).

Hello good evening everyone I would to know what is a priority date in the immigrant diversity visas? Is it same as the appointment date?

Diversity visas don’t have a priority date. Your case number determines when you are current.
Thank you susieQQQ. My other question if I didn’t indicated passport number of the derivative in the DS260 application form but later acquired the passport and intend to take the consular when the appointments will be scheduled, will it cause the case to go to administrative process?

Thank you susieQQQ. My other question if I didn’t indicated passport number of the derivative in the DS260 application form but later acquired the passport and intend to take the consular when the appointments will be scheduled, will it cause the case to go to administrative process?
It shouldn’t cause a delay assuming the derivative hasn’t been traveling to countries hostile to /that pose a security threat to the US (Iran, Syria etc)

Just a quick note.

There was a fear created about unlocking in DV2022, which some would like to continue into DV2023. However, there are now numerous DV2023 cases which show unlocking is not causing delays, and that DS260 processing is going well. DV2023 should be "normal" where DS processing is largely completed buy December/January and the visa bulletin will run the progress. People should not be afraid to unlock.

Just a quick note.

There was a fear created about unlocking in DV2022, which some would like to continue into DV2023. However, there are now numerous DV2023 cases which show unlocking is not causing delays, and that DS260 processing is going well. DV2023 should be "normal" where DS processing is largely completed buy December/January and the visa bulletin will run the progress. People should not be afraid to unlock.
How does one know if their DS260 is processed...except asking KCC directly? If all "unlockers" send emails to KCC asking about the status of their DS260, wouldn't that unnecessarily flood them with mail to respond to. ...just wondering. But, I would be curious to know if my pips' DS260 was processed following the unlock.

How does one know if their DS260 is processed...except asking KCC directly? If all "unlockers" send emails to KCC asking about the status of their DS260, wouldn't that unnecessarily flood them with mail to respond to. ...just wondering. But, I would be curious to know if my pips' DS260 was processed following the unlock.
This is why I personally think people should only unlock for something significant, it’s not just the emails asking if processed that take up time but also the emails asking them to unlock and then them having to unlock in the first place. And judging by posts here, most of the time it is for something pretty trivial. Britsimon and I do occasionally disagree!
After all, in the old days of the paper forms, you sent it in and then anything else got updated at interview and everyone survived. (And KCC even had time to answer the phone in those days!)

This is why I personally think people should only unlock for something significant, it’s not just the emails asking if processed that take up time but also the emails asking them to unlock and then them having to unlock in the first place. And judging by posts here, most of the time it is for something pretty trivial. Britsimon and I do occasionally disagree!
After all, in the old days of the paper forms, you sent it in and then anything else got updated at interview and everyone survived. (And KCC even had time to answer the phone in those days!)

Haha - we aren't disagreeing on this either. I'm not recommending people unlock to correct a small typo in the name of a school they attended 20 years ago - but for things that *need* to be corrected, people should do so.

Incidentally, KCC email responses are almost within a day or two at the moment.

@Britsimon @sussie @Sm1smom whoever will answer my question I will appreciate. The question is as follows
1. what does elementary course mean? Is it the 8 years of primary education?

2. When I fill the DS260 form I only indicated high school diploma which is a 4 year course, does it mean I have to list the 8 year primary education, To make it 12 years of elementary and secondary studies?

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to a 12-year course in the United States. Only formal courses of study meet this requirement; equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable.

Thanks

@Britsimon @sussie @Sm1smom whoever will answer my question I will appreciate. The question is as follows
1. what does elementary course mean? Is it the 8 years of primary education?

2. When I fill the DS260 form I only indicated high school diploma which is a 4 year course, does it mean I have to list the 8 year primary education, To make it 12 years of elementary and secondary studies?

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to a 12-year course in the United States. Only formal courses of study meet this requirement; equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable.

Thanks
You really have to stop overthinking everything.

You only listed your high school education in the DS260 because that is what the DS260 asks for. The consular official who interviews you is the one who assesses whether your education meets the DV standards. If you interview in your home country, they will know. If you interview elsewhere, they will contact your home country embassy to find out.

You really have to stop overthinking everything.

You only listed your high school education in the DS260 because that is what the DS260 asks for. The consular official who interviews you is the one who assesses whether your education meets the DV standards. If you interview in your home country, they will know. If you interview elsewhere, they will contact your home country embassy to find out.
Thank you susieQQQ

Hey guys just inquiring for a friend. During medical which tests are always done? Is syphilis and DNA tests included?
Syphilis yes, dna no - dna is only asked for (and seldom /never required if there is other evidence) as part of the immigrant visa process if there are questions over a claimed family relationship.

Test details here https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/about/medical-exam-faqs.html#me-4

Specific details of the syphilis testing are here https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/syphilis.html If the disease is treated in accordance with the guidelines here, the applicant can still get a visa.

Last edited: