• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello.
I just received my 2NL.
My question is how does one go about booking for medicals?
Since there is no respective process on how to do it.

And how does one know which particular documents to have ready?
Is it for October or November? What is your region and case number range, if you do not mind sharing.

In addition to the documents listed here: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...t,photocopy of any document that you... More

the interviewing embassy will send you another email outlining the documents that you need to present at the interview.

Hello.
I just received my 2NL.

If you carefully read the instructions you will find a link to the embassy specific instructions where it lists the panel physician(s) with whom you should book your appointment. Reading the instructions is time well spent!

Hello.
I just received my 2NL.

Yes indeed. Read the already provided instructions carefully. There is a link on your selectee notification letter - did you click on it (and the other links within that link by the way)?

Also, visit your embassy website for further guidance on booking the medical exam. You can use the below link to locate your embassy and gather more information re the medical exam:

Thank you. Yes, indeed the links provide the much-needed information for the next steps. It requires good reading and understanding. I've managed to read through and I'm on my next steps.

I have another question that I'm requesting clarity.
I'm trying to register my appointment online as per the instructions from the embassy I'm scheduled for my interview but I'm unable to finish on the process.

Is it for October or November? What is your region and case number range, if you do not mind sharing.

In addition to the documents listed here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-interview/diversity-visa-prepare-for-interview.html#:~:text= Each applicant will be required to present,photocopy of any document that you... More

the interviewing embassy will send you another email outlining the documents that you need to present at the interview.
@Shed, Kindly clarify the above question posed to you by this user

I have another question that I'm requesting clarity.
I'm trying to register my appointment online as per the instructions from the embassy I'm scheduled for my interview but I'm unable to finish on the process.
Is it a dv specific instruction? Some embassies list this in their general immigrant visa requirements but it’s only relevant for other types of IV, not DV.

Hello.
I have a question about proving work history. I understand about using o-net etc. What I would like to know is about proving the work history. If I obtain a letter from my previous employer, should it only state job title and dates worked? Or do you think I should have them state all of my daily tasks and duties that match with the duties described in o-net?? Would that be proof enough that my previous employment is a position that required two years of training? Is there anything you can think of I should ask my ex-employer to state in the letter to prove the work history requirement? Should I only get letters from positions in the last 5 years, or get references from employers throughout my career?
If there is anything else you can think of that I should prepare for proving work history please let me know.

Hello.
I have a question about proving work history. I understand about using o-net etc. What I would like to know is about proving the work history. If I obtain a letter from my previous employer, should it only state job title and dates worked? Or do you think I should have them state all of my daily tasks and duties that match with the duties described in o-net?? Would that be proof enough that my previous employment is a position that required two years of training? Is there anything you can think of I should ask my ex-employer to state in the letter to prove the work history requirement? Should I only get letters from positions in the last 5 years, or get references from employers throughout my career?
If there is anything else you can think of that I should prepare for proving work history please let me know.
There’s some good advice on this page, scroll down to the work experience section.

The below sheet is the ceac statistics according to regions, but I particularly selected Nairobi embassy in Kenya as an example. From the month of January 2022 to August 2022 the total applicant who received the second notification letters are 1264 applicants, does it mean even the derivatives are included in the list just as the principal applicant?

Attachments

• B99349D3-B999-4A22-8023-51D3C36B6B29.png
    B99349D3-B999-4A22-8023-51D3C36B6B29.png
    374.8 KB · Views: 14
The below sheet is the ceac statistics according to regions, but I particularly selected Nairobi embassy in Kenya as an example. From the month of January 2022 to August 2022 the total applicant who received the second notification letters are 1264 applicants, does it mean even the derivatives are included in the list just as the principal applicant?
It shows the number of cases (not people).

And I would like to ask another question concerning the public charge.

Is the DS-5540 form mandatory?
Unfortunately, we don't have anyone in the U.S. who could become our sponsor for the Affidavit of Support and we rely entirely on our savings for the interview.

And I would like to ask another question concerning the public charge.

Is the DS-5540 form mandatory?
Unfortunately, we don't have anyone in the U.S. who could become our sponsor for the Affidavit of Support and we rely entirely on our savings for the interview.
No, it does happen but is rare (in my understanding, very rare) that a DV applicant is asked to fill one out. If your savings are reasonable (in USD terms) and more importantly you are of working age and clearly willing and able to work, that is usually enough, though it may also depend which embassy you interview at.

No, it does happen but is rare (in my understanding, very rare) that a DV applicant is asked to fill one out. If your savings are reasonable (in USD terms) and more importantly you are of working age and clearly willing and able to work, that is usually enough, though it may also depend which embassy you interview at.
hi Susie, do you maybe know if the embassy in Montreal expects us to fill out any additional forms (DS-5540 or I-134)? I have no friends/relatives in the U.S. who could help with the form.