• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

hi Susie, do you maybe know if the embassy in Montreal expects us to fill out any additional forms (DS-5540 or I-134)? I have no friends/relatives in the U.S. who could help with the form.
Sri Lanka is the only one that requires a I134. The rest will depend on individual circumstances. I think it’s still more rare than not to be asked for I134, but always advisable to get one if one can just as a pre-emptive measure. DS5540 is pretty rare for DV.

Hello, sorry if the questions may sound dumb:

1. After completing the forms in ceac do I need to do something to send them to be processed or just need to wait?
Screenshot 2022-09-18 183653.png
2. Will I receive an email when interview will be available or is there a way to manually check?

1. After completing the forms in ceac do I need to do something to send them to be processed or just need to wait?
View attachment 3747
2. Will I receive an email when interview will be available or is there a way to manually check?
1. You wait.
2. You may or may not receive an email, but you can check the same page as your selection letter (the email will just tell you to check this page anyway). The interview letter will usually show up a couple of weeks after publication of the visa bulletin that shows your case number as current. Make sure you have printed or saved a copy of the selection letter as the interview letter will replace it when it’s available.

View attachment 3747
How do you check the ceac website mine always shows invalid case number

Hey, I am a winner DV2023 EU18xxx. My husband is from Cuba, and living with me in Europe, where the possibly interview will be. Three months after filling in DS260 he got a new passport, and in January we will be travelling for holidays to another European country, and he will be travelling with his new passport. Do I need to unlock DS260 for this? Thank you!

How do you check the ceac website mine always shows invalid case number
That's the form submission page, I clicked on the same link I clicked to submit the DS260 the first time
1. You wait.
2. You may or may not receive an email, but you can check the same page as your selection letter (the email will just tell you to check this page anyway). The interview letter will usually show up a couple of weeks after publication of the visa bulletin that shows your case number as current. Make sure you have printed or saved a copy of the selection letter as the interview letter will replace it when it’s available.
Thank you.

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing fine.

Please HELP HELP HELP

My wife is winner of the DV2023 with case number 2023EU14XX.
Actually we live in Chile, South America.
1- We received an email with the interview date at 14 October 2022.
2- My wife is pregnant and the baby delivery date is between 10-17 October 2022. Since we live 800km away from the local embassy its impossible for us to attend at the date at the interview (its prohibed to fly a plane at this stage of pregnancy)
3- We followed the steps to reschedule the interview at the website *usvisa-info.com*
4- At first the interview date showed at the page with the direccion of the our local embassy and than trying to reschedule it dissapeared.
5-Now when we enter to the USvisa-info.com and try to set the date it shows *there are no available dates at the selected location*
6- I contacted the Santiago US Embassy via email and they responded that they do not have information about our case number - We emailed the KCC and they responded that our case was sent to the Santiago US Embassy Chile.

7- At the page of the DV Lottery still shows 14.10.2022 as the interview date.

We don´t know what to do beacouse we call the Embassy Call Center and they say that there are no dates available , that we should try everyday at the page untill there are available dates.

HELP HELP HELP

Thank you so much for reading

Attachments

• Interview Date.jpeg
    Interview Date.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 28
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 9.12.02 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 9.12.02 AM.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 27
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 9.13.27 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 9.13.27 AM.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 27
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 9.12.25 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-15 at 9.12.25 AM.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 28
Thank you for replying, yes we emailed Santiago immigration and they insist they don't have any date interview in their system
Unfortunately, this is something that you should have found out from the embassy in advance. There are a number of embassies where the rescheduling works like this - you first cancel then hope to find a new slot - and it’s difficult. Indeed, KCC cannot help you because once they have handed you over to the embassy, any further rescheduling is between you and the embassy. My understanding is that just like KCC does the initial DV scheduling into slots the embassy has provided them, so does NVC with other immigrant visas. This is why the embassy “appears“ to be unhelpful - it doesn’t do the scheduling itself - and you are indeed going to just have to keep checking the website hoping to find a an opening from a cancellation. On the bright side, it’s the beginning of the fiscal year and you have a lot of time to work with. Good luck.

By the way, regarding this :
6- I contacted the Santiago US Embassy via email and they responded that they do not have information about our case number - We emailed the KCC and they responded that our case was sent to the Santiago US Embassy Chile.
Not sure when you got your interview letter, but it took my embassy about a week between when I got mine and when they could actually trace the case in their own system.

PS I flagged your post to a moderator becasue you have left identifying details in one of the attachments, i expect it will be removed.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this is something that you should have found out from the embassy in advance. There are a number of embassies where the rescheduling works like this - you first cancel then hope to find a new slot - and it’s difficult. Indeed, KCC cannot help you because once they have handed you over to the embassy, any further rescheduling is between you and the embassy. My understanding is that just like KCC does the initial DV scheduling into slots the embassy has provided them, so does NVC with other immigrant visas. This is why the embassy “appears“ to be unhelpful - it doesn’t do the scheduling itself - and you are indeed going to just have to keep checking the website hoping to find a an opening from a cancellation. On the bright side, it’s the beginning of the fiscal year and you have a lot of time to work with. Good luck.

By the way, regarding this :

Not sure when you got your interview letter, but it took my embassy about a week between when I got mine and when they could actually trace the case in their own system.

PS I flagged your post to a moderator becasue you have left identifying details in one of the attachments, i expect it will be removed.
--- On the bright side, it’s the beginning of the fiscal year and you have a lot of time to work with. Good luck. ---

Thank you sooo much

Another question about the interview date that shows in the DV ESC , if I cannot find any availability about the interview date in the embassy is there a problem if in the page of DV ESC still show the "old date" ?

--- On the bright side, it’s the beginning of the fiscal year and you have a lot of time to work with. Good luck. ---

Thank you sooo much

Another question about the interview date that shows in the DV ESC , if I cannot find any availability about the interview date in the embassy is there a problem if in the page of DV ESC still show the "old date" ?
That’s not going to update. That Letter was done by KCC and they no longer have your case. When you get a new interview, take along a copy of that interview letter as well as a printout from whatever page you reschedule the new one to show that date.

Do NVC schedule the appointment dates according to the case numbers or based on how early we sent the application (DS-260) forms

Do NVC schedule the appointment dates according to the case numbers or based on how early we sent the application (DS-260) forms
Traditionally, yes, interviews were scheduled according to case number (CN). However, for the 2022 year things were very different. Here is what I found out from experience and what was shared here on this forum:
1. The processing of your DS-260 must by KCC must be completed
2. Your CN becomes current
3. Your embassy is willing to accept DV cases to interview

If, and only if, the above 3 are true, then your case will be scheduled for an interview. I know this because some people who are very close to me had their CNs current, but KCC had not been completed processing, so they were not scheduled for interviews for the longest waits in their lives. When their numbers were finally processed by KCC, they had to wait another 2 months to be scheduled for interviews.

So, from what I have learnt, you will get an interview appointment when the above three steps are true.

Both
when priority dates are listed by cut off in the visa bulletin, they go by priority date. You cannot (by law) get a visa if your priority date is not current so obviously they will only schedule interviews for people who can get visas.
But, if (as sometimes but not always happens) the visa bulletin moves to just “current” for your region, then they start scheduling by date the DS260 has been processed - note processing time is not the same for everyone so it’s not quite as simple as how early you submitted your form, though that’s obviously important.

Traditionally, yes, interviews were scheduled according to case number (CN). However, for the 2022 year things were very different. Here is what I found out from experience and what was shared here on this forum:
1. The processing of your DS-260 must by KCC must be completed
2. Your CN becomes current
3. Your embassy is willing to accept DV cases to interview

If, and only if, the above 3 are true, then your case will be scheduled for an interview. I know this because some people who are very close to me had their CNs current, but KCC had not been completed processing, so they were not scheduled for interviews for the longest waits in their lives. When their numbers were finally processed by KCC, they had to wait another 2 months to be scheduled for interviews.

So, from what I have learnt, you will get an interview appointment when the above three steps are true.
Thanks susieQQQ for the information, for my case, I am from AF region with a low case number of 16xx
1. the KCC has already completed processing my documents including the derivatives
2. My case number is now current for interview processing
3. I don’t know if my embassy is willing to accept me. It has been a month now since my number become current.

Thank you again

Thanks susieQQQ for the information, for my case, I am from AF region with a low case number of 16xx
1. the KCC has already completed processing my documents including the derivatives
2. My case number is now current for interview processing
3. I don’t know if my embassy is willing to accept me. It has been a month now since my number become current.

Thank you again
Were you Kenya if I recall?
Nairobi has not been doing a lot of DV cases, maybe averaging around 50 DV visas a month for the last few months, and has nearly 3500 selectees for DV2023 (assume maybe half of those have submitted DSs). So it could be a wait, i have no idea why they are so slow, hopefully they will pick up the pace.