• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello , I was residing in the UAE and 7 months before I made a final exit, I obtained a police certificate from there on February 2021. Can this certificate be presented in the interview? please answer me
Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than two years ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

Hello guys,

What are the chances of a visa denial for a dv selectee, if their brother is undocumented resident in the US?
A relative’s status (or lack of valid status) has no impact on the DV selectee’s chance of approval.

Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than two years ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.
What if I obtained the police certificate just a month ago in my home country. And I have never been to any country outside my country?

Hi guys
How does KCC schedule appointment letters, Is it according to Case numbers that has already completed processing or based on how early one submit the DS-260?

What does the below screenshot mean?

Attachments

• 1F3D0CE1-8897-47B9-A5F0-BE54B1BE9030.jpeg
    1F3D0CE1-8897-47B9-A5F0-BE54B1BE9030.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hi guys
How does KCC schedule appointment letters, Is it according to Case numbers that has already completed processing or based on how early one submit the DS-260?

What does the below screenshot mean?
As far as DS260 processing is concerned, every case is different. For instance, there are people who submitted their DS260 in May but have not completed processing and at the same time, there are those who submitted in early June, unlocked in July resubmitted but their cases are processed and are current.

What does it mean for your case to be current?
These conditions need to be met,
1. You have submitted your DS260.
2. KCC has completed processing of your DS260.
3. Your case number is within the range covered by current case numbers in the visa bulletin released by KCC so far.

When do you get an interview appointment letter or 2NL?
These conditions need to be satisfied.
1. Your case is current
2. Your assigned US embassy has the capacity/is ready to schedule your case.

The screenshot means that the case number in question is current but KCC is waiting for embassy to have an interview slot open for that case.

As far as DS260 processing is concerned, every case is different. For instance, there are people who submitted their DS260 in May but have not completed processing and at the same time, there are those who submitted in early June, unlocked in July resubmitted but their cases are processed and are current.

3. Your case number is within the range covered by current case numbers in the visa bulletin released by KCC so far.

1. Your case is current

The screenshot means that the case number in question is current but KCC is waiting for embassy to have an interview slot open for that case.
Thank you for the well explained answer. Very clear and well articulated. Kudos

no, terminology matters or people get confused. The only thing that is necessary for your case to be current …is that the case number is current, that is, it is bellow the numbers listed in the latest visa bulletin. However, all of those conditions listed here have to be met before KCC can get an interview scheduled at a consulate.

Hi guys, I've got a question regarding one of the police reports. We obtained a 2NL, and my interview is at the end of Nov.

My spouse used to live in Germany for nine months, so he doesn't have to do a police clearance from there, according to the table attached a bit earlier - "any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months".

However, many videos on YouTube (not Brit) tell you to make a police certificate even if you haven't been living in the country for 12 months or so, let's say to be safe and overprepare.

Is this true? Or just misinformation?

Does he technically require this document, or is it optional? We might not obtain a report due to waiting time, so I'd like to make sure we are on the safe side.

Hi guys, I've got a question regarding one of the police reports. We obtained a 2NL, and my interview is at the end of Nov.

My spouse used to live in Germany for nine months, so he doesn't have to do a police clearance from there, according to the table attached a bit earlier - "any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months".

However, many videos on YouTube (not Brit) tell you to make a police certificate even if you haven't been living in the country for 12 months or so, let's say to be safe and overprepare.

Is this true? Or just misinformation?

Does he technically require this document, or is it optional? We might not obtain a report due to waiting time, so I'd like to make sure we are on the safe side.
Technically its not required for staying less than 12 months. We have occasionally seen people here report that they have been asked for PCCs for stays of 6 months or more. Up to you if you want to be safe and get one just in case, or run a risk (however small) of being put on AP.
Does it really take nearly 2 months to get a German police certificate?

Technically its not required for staying less than 12 months. We have occasionally seen people here report that they have been asked for PCCs for stays of 6 months or more. Up to you if you want to be safe and get one just in case, or run a risk (however small) of being put on AP.
Does it really take nearly 2 months to get a German police certificate?
No it is super fast. You can order and pay online and receive it within one week or two. That's how it was for me, but I ordered it to a German address, so probably you will have to add several days when you want to have it delivered abroad.

1. Your case is current

I want one more clarification..so the interview slot might take longer upto January based on how they will schedule the slot?

I want one more clarification..so the interview slot might take longer upto January based on how they will schedule the slot?
There is no guarantee when your interview will be. Being current just means they can schedule your case, if you aren't current, they can't. They will schedule you when they have capacity to schedule you and you are current. There isn't any 'might take up to x time', it's indefinite, could be 1 week from now or months from now, depends when they have the capacity.

No it is super fast. You can order and pay online and receive it within one week or two. That's how it was for me, but I ordered it to a German address, so probably you will have to add several days when you want to have it delivered abroad.
I will definitely try to apply online. We submitted one already a month ago and contacted the Department of Justice to inquire about the status (the request for PCC was made on the 3rd of September - signed the application in one of the german police stations to prove the identity and sent it to them directly to Bonn). We were told that for other EU nationalities (Polish) it would require obtaining the European Certificate of Good Conduct, so they send a request to Poland, then Poland has 4 weeks to respond and 4 weeks for Germany to process it further + international shipping. We would be happy to have the PCC delivered to the german address but there was no option if you apply as a foreigner, hence international shipping.
And my spouse is registered and has an official German address, we were thinking to make a physical appearance in one of the local registration offices and request it on spot as a foreign national in Germany. But I am not sure if this would work since we live overseas. I'd be thankful for any help and information.

same here, I type the captcha correctly but it doesn't let me through, have you reported it?
Yes I have reported but I never got any reply. Maybe they’re trying to send the 2nd notification letters hence can’t read the status of the DV. Is your number current??