• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Dear Sir,
I was born in the UAE and currently residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I submitted that the foreign state chargeability is Saudi Arabia by mistake. Can this error be corrected in the DS-260 form interviewand explain the case to the consular later in interview ?

Thanks in advance
You can explain it in the interview though it will already be obvious to the CO from your birth certificate (not sure there is somewhere in the DS260 for this?)
It should not be a problem as both countries fall under AS, however note that the previous paragraph explicitly saying that has been removed from the manual and technically the rules say this can be disqualifying. Recent cases we have seen reported of similar errors (wrong country, same region) have been approved.

Dear Sir
While filling out the intial DV ENTRY I thought that My husband's childern from a previous marriage were not required to be registered so I did not register them specially since these childern do not live with us because they are in their mother's custody and it is not planned to take them with us to immigrate to U. S. Is it possible to CORRECT THIS UNINTENTIONAL ERROR IN FILLING OUT THE DS260 FORM??
Note : The principal applicant is Moroccan wife and her husband is Egyptian.

Thanks in advance

You can explain it in the interview though it will already be obvious to the CO from your birth certificate (not sure there is somewhere in the DS260 for this?)
It should not be a problem as both countries fall under AS, however note that the previous paragraph explicitly saying that has been removed from the manual and technically the rules say this can be disqualifying. Recent cases we have seen reported of similar errors (wrong country, same region) have been approved.
I would like you to take a look at the following attachment, which shows the country of birth in the DS-260 form, is it sufficient?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-012649_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-012649_Chrome.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 12
Dear Sir
While filling out the intial DV ENTRY I thought that My husband's childern from a previous marriage were not required to be registered so I did not register them specially since these childern do not live with us because they are in their mother's custody and it is not planned to take them with us to immigrate to U. S. Is it possible to CORRECT THIS UNINTENTIONAL ERROR IN FILLING OUT THE DS260 FORM??

Thanks in advance
I'm sorry to say your case will be denied for failure to include your step children on your eDV entry if those children are under 21. It doesn't matter whether they live with your and your husband or not, or if they will not be traveling with you, you were required to still list them on your entry form. Unfortunately, this is not an error (intentional or not) that can be corrected at this point.

Dear Sir

Thanks in advance
You’ll be disqualified unless these children were over 21 at the time of the entry. Sorry, but I know of other cases like this where they have been disqualified. It’s a pity you did not carefully read the instructions, which state

Be sure to include:
• all living natural children;
• all living children legally adopted by you; and,
all living step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.

Failure to list all children who are eligible or listing someone who is not your child will make you ineligible for a DV, and your spouse and children will also be ineligible as Diversity Visa derivative applicants.

Hi guys, question regarding the DS-260:

1. My wife (not principal applicant) is not presently working. She also does not have 2 years work experience in the last 5 years in an occupation requiring 2 years of training. Will this present as an issue (i.e., will she be ineligible for the visa) or is this only relevant for the principal applicant?

Many thanks in advance

1. My wife (not principal applicant) is not presently working. She also does not have 2 years work experience in the last 5 years in an occupation requiring 2 years of training. Will this present as an issue (i.e., will she be ineligible for the visa) or is this only relevant for the principal applicant?

Many thanks in advance
(Only you, as the principal applicant, must meet this requirement. Your spouse and children do not have to meet this requirement.), You can find this information indicated under Step 4 Confirm you qualification section in the Travel website

Many thanks in advance
Only relevant to the main selectee.

Hello,
Would it be an issue if I renewed my current passport (the one in the entry form)?
No, but as per instructions you’ll need to show it was a valid passport at the time of entry. If you are unable to retain your old passport for such proof, get an (ideally, authenticated) copy of the bio page made before you have to hand the old one back.

Hi Guys,

I just moved to another country to finish my Ph.D. program, since I will work as a part-time teaching assistant (less than 20h/week), I will get the local tax number for it too.

Should I re-open my DS 260 to update this? Will they consider this as work experience? Will this increase the chance to have an interview? CN is EU27XXX.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I just moved to another country to finish my Ph.D. program, since I will work as a part-time teaching assistant (less than 20h/week), I will get the local tax number for it too.

Should I re-open my DS 260 to update this? Will they consider this as work experience? Will this increase the chance to have an interview? CN is EU27XXX.

Thank you in advance
Well, you’ll need to update the country of residence so yes you should update the DS260, especially if you want to be able to interview where you are moving to.

Whatever you list (or not) as work experience has no impact on whether you are interviewed. Interview scheduling is a purely administrative process determined by your submission of a DS260, your number being current and (recently) when your embassy has capacity. No-one examines qualifying factors until you are actually in an interview. (And in any case, if your have a PhD you presumably have a high school diploma so you don’t need to use work experience.)

Well, you’ll need to update the country of residence so yes you should update the DS260, especially if you want to be able to interview where you are moving to.

Whatever you list (or not) as work experience has no impact on whether you are interviewed. Interview scheduling is a purely administrative process determined by your submission of a DS260, your number being current and (recently) when your embassy has capacity. No-one examines qualifying factors until you are actually in an interview. (And in any case, if you have a PhD you presumably have a high school diploma so you don’t need to use work experience.)
Hi Susie,

Thank you for the clarification. I have a follow-up question what if I changed the address again(same city) before the interview date, will this cause any issue? Also, do I need to attach any document when I request to unlock my ds260, to prove that I'm eligible to live in this new country( such as school enrollment or offer)?

Appreciate your help!

Hi Susie,

Thank you for the clarification. I have a follow-up question what if I changed the address again(same city) before the interview date, will this cause any issue? Also, do I need to attach any document when I request to unlock my ds260, to prove that I'm eligible to live in this new country( such as school enrollment or offer)?

Appreciate your help!
I wouldn’t bother unlocking for a different address in same city, and no.

No, but as per instructions you’ll need to show it was a valid passport at the time of entry. If you are unable to retain your old passport for such proof, get an (ideally, authenticated) copy of the bio page made before you have to hand the old one back.
Thanks and another thing, would I need to reopen my DS 260 to update the passport info?

Hi,

I wanted to ask something regarding ds260. I reopened my ds260 form, because I forgot to list my previous work situation and I filled it out after reopening.

Do u think it could lead to refuse, because I have not listed it in the first submitting?

I mean I corrected it…

Hi,

I wanted to ask something regarding ds260. I reopened my ds260 form, because I forgot to list my previous work situation and I filled it out after reopening.

Do u think it could lead to refuse, because I have not listed it in the first submitting?

I mean I corrected it…
No, it wouldn’t.

(ideally, authenticated) copy
Regarding documents in general (to eventually send to KCC if they'll request them, and/or to bring to interview), which documents need to be authenticated? In the reciprocity page of my country (Italy) it doesn't even mention authenticated copies, does this mean it's not needed? Thank you in advance!

Regarding documents in general (to eventually send to KCC if they'll request them, and/or to bring to interview), which documents need to be authenticated? In the reciprocity page of my country (Italy) it doesn't even mention authenticated copies, does this mean it's not needed? Thank you in advance!
Indeed, if the instructions for your embassy don’t ask for something to be authenticated it’s because it’s not necessary. To say it the obvious way, they ask for what they need.

By the way, I was making a very specific recommendation about a very specific instance, it’s generally not a good idea on the forum to jump on something like that and try generalize it.