• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Thank you.

should I list high school diploma or degree, as stated I have a matric certificate grade 1 to grade 12? on the initial entry I put degree but on the ds260 I put diploma

I have a high case number AFRICA 60k ☹️ and submitted the DS-260 on the same day I won, would it cause delays further down the line like a place in the queue or something for South Africa or if everything becomes current ? Or should I just settle down because that number is never going to be called
1. Please use your discretion on wether to call what you have a diploma or a degree.
2. Which could be more deadly: a potential delay or a potential denial? You guys need to stop stressing over a potential delay when a recommendation is made about unlocking the DS260 form to address noted errors.

1. Please use your discretion on wether to call what you have a diploma or a degree.
2. Which could be more deadly: a potential delay or a potential denial? You guys need to stop stressing over a potential delay when a recommendation is made about unlocking the DS260 form to address noted errors.
Unlock requested…….. my shattered nerves!!!!

thank you.

It shouldn’t affect the case.
Other question please. I was not able to obtain a police certificate from the UAE because I no longer reside there, and now I am residing in Saudi Arabia and I can bring the relevant police certificate. I also read on the immigration website that the consul may disregard the request for a police certificate for non-residents in the UAE , please look to the attachment
thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-014027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-014027_Chrome.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20220612-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220612-WA0001.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 3
Other question please. I was not able to obtain a police certificate from the UAE because I no longer reside there, and now I am residing in Saudi Arabia and I can bring the relevant police certificate. I also read on the immigration website that the consul may disregard the request for a police certificate for non-residents in the UAE , please look to the attachment
thanks in advance
See previous response

Dear Mr.Simon
I am a random lottery winner for the year 2023, but I am facing a problem in obtaining a police certificate in one of the countries in which I have previously resided, and I was imprisoned for 3 month and politically expelled from that country without any trial. The question is, did I tell the consul about this in the interview? Could this be the reason for my exclusion from obtaining the American visa?
Thanks in advance.

Dear Mr.Simon
I am a random lottery winner for the year 2023, but I am facing a problem in obtaining a police certificate in one of the countries in which I have previously resided, and I was imprisoned for 3 month and politically expelled from that country without any trial. The question is, did I tell the consul about this in the interview? Could this be the reason for my exclusion from obtaining the American visa?
Thanks in advance.
You have to be honest in your ds260 questions so you will have to disclose those. No one here can tell you what the implications for a US visa will be on that very scarce information.

You have to be honest in your ds260 questions so you will have to disclose those. No one here can tell you what the implications for a US visa will be on that very scarce information.
I was threatened and forced to sign a pledge not to reveal anything.

I was threatened and forced to sign a pledge not to reveal anything.
I also have a family in that country and I am afraid that they will hurt them.
Regardless of whatever pledge or paper you signed with that country, you are required to disclose the arrest and imprisonment on your DS260 if you wish to proceed with your DV selection. If you choose to not disclose the information upfront and your background check subsequently reveals that, you need to be aware you will not be getting a US visa anytime soon as a result of that.

I also have a family in that country and I am afraid that they will hurt them.
Then perhaps better you discard the notion of immigrating to the US, if you feel you cannot be honest. Lying about prior imprisonment etc on a US immigration form would be fraudulent misrepresentation and can get you a lifetime ban from the US.

Then perhaps better you discard the notion of immigrating to the US, if you feel you cannot be honest. Lying about prior imprisonment etc on a US immigration form would be fraudulent misrepresentation and can get you a lifetime ban from the US.
Ok ill be honest
thank you so much

Dear Sir,
I was born in the UAE and currently residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I submitted that the foreign state chargeability is Saudi Arabia by mistake. Can this error be corrected in the DS-260 form interviewand explain the case to the consular later in interview ?

Thanks in advance