• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hey guys, two quick questions regarding the DS-260:

1) I have married since original submission and will be including my wife on my DS-260. Does she also need to complete her own DS-260 form?
2) If she needs her own form, do we simply use my case number (being the principal)?

Ty in advance!
1. Yes. You need to unlock you DS260 and update your marital status from single to married. Then use the add applicant button to generate a new form for your spouse which she then fills out.
2. See 1 above.

1. Yes. You need to unlock you DS260 and update your marital status from single to married. Then use the add applicant button to generate a new form for your spouse which she then fills out.
2. See 1 above.
Brilliant, much appreciated!

Thank you Britsimon and team for the valuable information you provide.
I watched the latest video on how to fill the I-134 and it is quite informative. Kindly clarify if a single person who migrated through 2021 DV and has a job of about 40,000 USD be a sponsor to a single entrant in DV 2023? The person migrated in August last year and has a job. Thanks in advance.

Yes, take a printout of that page when you go for interview just in case.
Ok thanks .. other questions, is there any news about sending documents by email to KCC?

Hi Sir,
I made a mistake in writing the name on the first application form of lottery, as I put the last name in place of the first name, but I modified it in the DS-260 form . Is there a problem with that? And did I later use the same wrong name that I submitted or the correct name that I modified inside the DS-260 ?

thanks in advance .

Hi guys. I've got a question regarding the police certificate (the expiration date). I am a citizen of Uzbekistan and I got my certificate issued with a date in May while being abroad (I am a resident of UAE). Right now, I am going to my country to get an apostille on the document. I've heard that the police reports are valid for two years unless you visit the country and otherwise, it is valid for 6 months. I am not sure if this information is correct and I would be grateful if you could clarify this for me. If I am planning to visit my country for document purposes, will my police records be valid till the day of the interview/or for the KCC? (DV-2023)

Hello, I have a question please, Does short-sightedness consider a problem when you are passing the medical test ? because I wear medical glasses since my childhood and I'm afraid that may cause any problems ?
thank you

Hello, I have a question please, Does short-sightedness consider a problem when you are passing the medical test ? because I wear medical glasses since my childhood and I'm afraid that may cause any problems ?
thank you
Not an issue.

Hi guys. I've got a question regarding the police certificate (the expiration date). I am a citizen of Uzbekistan and I got my certificate issued with a date in May while being abroad (I am a resident of UAE). Right now, I am going to my country to get an apostille on the document. I've heard that the police reports are valid for two years unless you visit the country and otherwise, it is valid for 6 months. I am not sure if this information is correct and I would be grateful if you could clarify this for me. If I am planning to visit my country for document purposes, will my police records be valid till the day of the interview/or for the KCC? (DV-2023)
OFFICIAL SOURCE:

“Important
: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.”

Hi Sir,
I made a mistake in writing the name on the first application form of lottery, as I put the last name in place of the first name, but I modified it in the DS-260 form . Is there a problem with that? And did I later use the same wrong name that I submitted or the correct name that I modified inside the DS-260 ?

thanks in advance .
The mistake shouldn’t cause a problem if it was a genuine mistake and not an intentional attempt at gaming the system.

The degree-granting institution is what You
The degree-granting institution is what You list
Can I ask you another question regarding this my institution where I used to study.

I mentioned the Middlesex University in the Name. I was in touch with the university in Frankfurt and they said the same. I was physically not in London, but mentioning the university where I got my degree was right.

So the other thing is, should I mention the address from uk or Germany?
Cause I studied in Germany

Would be great if anyone can help me.

Thanks

thank you, but why the would care of your sightness ? because I heard some experiences when the doctor measure you eyes
They measure lots of things, that doesn’t mean you have to be 100% physically perfect specimen to get a visa. The main things that make you ineligible for a visa are:
- communicable diseases of public health significance (TB, syphilis, gonorrhea etc)
- something that makes you a danger to yourself or others (significant mental health condition that is not being treated, alcoholism/drug abuse etc)

The mistake shouldn’t cause a problem if it was a genuine mistake and not an intentional attempt at gaming the system.
Thanks sir . I have another question, please. I had an accident in my left eye and had an operation in it and now I can't see by it clearly , does that affect in my case ?

Hi Everyone, I have a qq about DS-260. Has anyone noticed that the USA option was not present in the list of counties when answering this questison:
Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years?
or was it not present only in my form?

Also, if I lived in a country that is not the country of my nationality for a few years within the last five years, do I need to select it from that list? I am cheking my DS-260 and noticed that I didn't select it when answering the above question (since I consider that living and not travelling).

Hello, mistakes I have made on my DS-260

previous addresses - I put the wrong year in for one address
Education - I put High school diploma was I supposed to put degree, I have a South African Matric 12 years
last 5 trips to the USA - I have been there twice but only listed one I still have the passport with visas in and all stamps
Social Media - I didn’t list a gmail address attached to a YouTube account

should I unlock for any of the above

thank you for your advice.

Also, if I lived in a country that is not the country of my nationality for a few years within the last five years, do I need to select it from that list? I am cheking my DS-260 and noticed that I didn't select it when answering the above question (since I consider that living and not travelling).
Did you list the country under places you’ve lived at? If you already did, that is all that matters.

Hello, mistakes I have made on my DS-260

previous addresses - I put the wrong year in for one address
Education - I put High school diploma was I supposed to put degree, I have a South African Matric 12 years
last 5 trips to the USA - I have been there twice but only listed one I still have the passport with visas in and all stamps
Social Media - I didn’t list a gmail address attached to a YouTube account

should I unlock for any of the above

thank you for your advice.
Considering you seem to have quite a couple of errors and your CN will not be current anytime soon, you might as well unlock the form and fix the errors.

Considering you seem to have quite a couple of errors and your CN will not be current anytime soon, you might as well unlock the form and fix the errors.
Thank you.

should I list high school diploma or degree, as stated I have a matric certificate grade 1 to grade 12? on the initial entry I put degree but on the ds260 I put diploma

I have a high case number AFRICA 60k ☹️ and submitted the DS-260 on the same day I won, would it cause delays further down the line like a place in the queue or something for South Africa or if everything becomes current ? Or should I just settle down because that number is never going to be called