• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2022

Hi Everyone,
Today, I've submitted my application for the DV-2022. I have noticed the the photo that I've submitted was in the PNG format, but according to the instruction it must be in JPEG (.jpg) file format. Is there any way to edit the photo in the submitted application? Does this affect the eligibility? Can I submit a new entry?

Many thanks.

Mostafa

Hi Everyone,
Today, I've submitted my application for the DV-2022. I have noticed the the photo that I've submitted was in the PNG format, but according to the instruction it must be in JPEG (.jpg) file format. Is there any way to edit the photo in the submitted application? Does this affect the eligibility? Can I submit a new entry?

Many thanks.

Mostafa

A submitted entry cannot be modified. Submitting a second entry is automatic disqualification.

Guys, good afternoon, I have a question regarding an application. My mom wants to apply with me, and all it's ok and good, but if I'm already over 21, should she include me in her application?

Because it says:

15. Number of Children

and

(Children include all biological children, legally adopted children, and stepchildren who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date you submit your entry. You must include all eligible children, even if they do not live with you or if they do not intend to apply for a Diversity Visa as your derivative. Failure to list all eligible children is grounds for disqualification. If your child is a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, do not list him/her in your entry.)

And I'm her child! Haha, but as I already said, I'm over 21. So she can include me even if I'm 21 and nothing will happen due to that or she should simply fill 0 since I'm over 21?

Thanks a lot.

(Children include all biological children, legally adopted children, and stepchildren who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date you submit your entry. You must include all eligible children, even if they do not live with you or if they do not intend to apply for a Diversity Visa as your derivative. Failure to list all eligible children is grounds for disqualification. If your child is a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, do not list him/her in your entry.)

And I'm her child! Haha, but as I already said, I'm over 21. So she can include me even if I'm 21 and nothing will happen due to that or she should simply fill 0 since I'm over 21?

Thanks a lot.
I have bolded the bit in what you posted that should answer your question. As always, read the instructions properly.

Guys, good afternoon, I have a question regarding an application. My mom wants to apply with me, and all it's ok and good, but if I'm already over 21, should she include me in her application?

Because it says:

15. Number of Children

and

Thanks a lot.

She can't include you.

Here we go, (maybe) 17th time lucky?

Good luck to all who are applying this year!!
You've been applying since 2004?! Man, that's awesome... and nuts... and awesome again! Haha, but really, gotta admire your perseverance. It really encourages that you haven't given up. Good luck!

Also, a bit of a sidenote, I've read that back then you had to fill a form and send it through mail, do you think it's better now since everything is done through Internet?

You've been applying since 2004?! Man, that's awesome... and nuts... and awesome again! Haha, but really, gotta admire your perseverance. It really encourages that you haven't given up. Good luck!

Also, a bit of a sidenote, I've read that back then you had to fill a form and send it through mail, do you think it's better now since everything is done through Internet?

Yes, particularly for certain countries. There were places where the selection letters were regularly intercepted in the mail and the recipient blackmailed if they wanted their selection number... and then of course for sending entries in the first place, countries where the mail takes too long and sometimes miss closing date, etc. And some where the mail was just unreliable and either entry or selection letters could just get lost. And it’s better for DoS/KCC because it’s much easier to pick up fraudulent and duplicate entries when it’s electronic, as well as streamlining the rest of the process (no having to capture handwritten data on forms onto computer, etc).

for the date of birth it is written in my passport year only without month or day. While in my birth certificate which is from another country the year ,date and month written. Usually I put day and month first January which is the case in my country which issued my passport.
so what should I put in d2022 ?

Thank you

for the date of birth it is written in my passport year only without month or day. While in my birth certificate which is from another country the year ,date and month written. Usually I put day and month first January which is the case in my country which issued my passport.
so what should I put in d2022 ?

Thank you

Do the year on the birth certificate and passport match? If yes, put the day and month listed on the birth certificate.

A friend uploaded a photo on her dv entry that is more than 600 pixels but less than 1200 pixels sq. is the application automatically disqulified ?.

A friend uploaded a photo on her dv entry that is more than 600 pixels but less than 1200 pixels sq. is the application automatically disqulified ?.
No. Anything within that range is acceptable. The only issue is if the dimensions don’t correspond (e.g 700x710). Even then, you should get an error when trying to upload. This has happened to me — I just had to upload a photo with the right dimensions.

A friend would like to apply to the DV lottery, but his passport expired some time ago (2017, I think?) and now he can't get a new one since the earliest passport appointments start in late November. He can't do anything, then?

A friend would like to apply to the DV lottery, but his passport expired some time ago (2017, I think?) and now he can't get a new one since the earliest passport appointments start in late November. He can't do anything, then?

Your friend is not eligible to submit a DV entry if they do not currently have a valid passport.

No. Anything within that range is acceptable. The only issue is if the dimensions don’t correspond (e.g 700x710). Even then, you should get an error when trying to upload. This has happened to me — I just had to upload a photo with the right dimensions.
Just verified this. It's still true for DV22. I tried a PNG image that's 500x500. Got the following error when I tried to move to the next page. Hopefully it alleviates SOME fears (and questions) about the photo upload.

1602786632972.png