• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2022

DV-2022 is announced:
DV-2022 Program: The online registration period for the DV-2022 Program beings on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and concludes on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5). Individuals who submit more than one entry during the registration period will be disqualified.

Hi all and good luck everyone!
I'm going to ask a really stupid question but has anybody prepared their photo on their own? I've taken my photo at home (white background and etc) and it picture in a dv lottery photo tool. It seems to meet the requirements but I'm worried if they'll accept it. It's the first time I'm applying so if anybody has that experience, please, share and help me calm down o_O

Check britsimonsays.com. He posted a video about this some time ago. There's a lot of other useful information too.

Hi all and good luck everyone!
I'm going to ask a really stupid question but has anybody prepared their photo on their own? I've taken my photo at home (white background and etc) and it picture in a dv lottery photo tool. It seems to meet the requirements but I'm worried if they'll accept it. It's the first time I'm applying so if anybody has that experience, please, share and help me calm down o_O

Yes, several past selectees took their own pictures without the use of a professional service.

Hi, I have a question, I'm an Iranian/Canadian Citizen and I live in Canada, I was wondering if you could assist me on what I should put as my passport number in the DV lottery application?

Also I'm applying for my parents as well, Can I input same email address and telephone number or does it make it duplicate and hence cancel the application?
Thanks for all your help.

Hi, I have a question, I'm an Iranian/Canadian Citizen and I live in Canada, I was wondering if you could assist me on what I should put as my passport number in the DV lottery application?

Also I'm applying for my parents as well, Can I input same email address and telephone number or does it make it duplicate and hence cancel the application?
Thanks for all your help.
Any valid passport is acceptable. As an Iranian dual citizen you probably need to use your Canadian passport to get the visa?

No problem using same contact details. The duplicate entries are picked up via biographic details and photos.

Hello,
I have a University Diploma not Degree, which education qualification should I select when entering DV2022 since there is no option for diplomas?

Hello,
I have a University Diploma not Degree, which education qualification should I select when entering DV2022 since there is no option for diplomas?
It makes very little difference in the entry but if you do not have a degree then you can either select "some university" (if this is still an applicable option) or "high school diploma"

So long as you have a US Equivalent High School Diploma you will meet the education requirements for DV, which you will need to prove if you are successful in getting selected and have an interview

Greetings everyone, I just registered here. I discovered the forum early this year after inscribing myself in DV-2021, sadly I didn't get selected. But now, I'm preparing myself a lot better, and I'm glad I joined so I can participate with you all.

I have two questions for this year:

1. Last year I filled "High School Diploma" in Educational Requeriments, but now I'm on the second year of university, does this mean this year I have to fill "Some University Courses" o I can stil fill "High School Diploma"?

2. My passport is going to expire in February 2022, but the fiscal year ends in Sep 30, 2022. I'm making copies of my passport, but should a problem arise if I elected and my passport is out of date?

Thanks a lot, and good luck to everyone!

Greetings everyone, I just registered here. I discovered the forum early this year after inscribing myself in DV-2021, sadly I didn't get selected. But now, I'm preparing myself a lot better, and I'm glad I joined so I can participate with you all.

I have two questions for this year:

1. Last year I filled "High School Diploma" in Educational Requeriments, but now I'm on the second year of university, does this mean this year I have to fill "Some University Courses" o I can stil fill "High School Diploma"?

2. My passport is going to expire in February 2022, but the fiscal year ends in Sep 30, 2022. I'm making copies of my passport, but should a problem arise if I elected and my passport is out of date?

Thanks a lot, and good luck to everyone!
1. It makes no difference what you put on your eDV entry - put whatever is appropriate at the time
2. IF you get selected then you can renew your passport, should you chose to, prior to submitting documents