• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 Sri Lankan Winners

I am from sri lanka. and I have very low CN number. it is below 100. still I didn't get any document request mail yet. I have submitted my DS 260 from on mid of June. Still wondering about that. anyone has idea what is currently going on?

@NilnuDV2022 Please refer Mr.Simon's Blog on document submission. Hope you have already submitted your documents without the DR mail since you are having a very low CN.

How to find sponsor in usa.
Anybody know?
"Unfortunately, on this matter you would have to find someone to sponsor on your own
You will need to look for a relative, a friend or a friend of a friend who has some form of a connection with you. You have to prove that connection to the CO at the interview. No one in the US would fill an I-134 with all their personal/financial information and social security details to a complete stranger". - @Atlan

"Unfortunately, on this matter you would have to find someone to sponsor on your own
You will need to look for a relative, a friend or a friend of a friend who has some form of a connection with you. You have to prove that connection to the CO at the interview. No one in the US would fill an I-134 with all their personal/financial information and social security details to a complete stranger". - @Atlan
Submitting I-134 from a person in USA, itself showing the trust and the connection isn't it? as you said a complete stranger would not fill I-134 with confidential details. Am I correct?

If so, Y still it is required to prove the relationship?

Submitting I-134 from a person in USA, itself showing the trust and the connection isn't it? as you said a complete stranger would not fill I-134 with confidential details. Am I correct?

If so, Y still it is required to prove the relationship?
Weird but That's how it is, Its like submitting a guarantor in order to obtain a loan etc.

Reactions: MNE
No not yet. I didn't submit the Documents. Is it ok to submit without KCC request? I am really disappointed situation. since I have a very law CN number. but still didn't get DR request from KCC.

No not yet. I didn't submit the Documents. Is it ok to submit without KCC request? I am really disappointed situation. since I have a very law CN number. but still didn't get DR request from KCC.
Generally it is advised to send the documents. and many has done regardless of their CN.

Probably a good guess, in the past few years sri lanka has averaged around one derivative per principal applicant
I have a question 838 selectee means only 838 visas will issue to Sri Lankan Nationality or do we have to consider the Asia region?

@NilnuDV2022 Check the Visa Bulletin and current number for November "https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...tin/2022/visa-bulletin-for-november-2021.html" @Sm1smom Appreciate if you could shed some light.
I am from sri lanka. and I have very low CN number. it is below 100. still I didn't get any document request mail yet. I have submitted my DS 260 from on mid of June. Still wondering about that. anyone has idea what is currently going on?

They are still dealing with DS260 submissions in late May and early June. So - be patient. However, there is no harm in sending documents proactively.

Reactions: MNE
I have a question 838 selectee means only 838 visas will issue to Sri Lankan Nationality or do we have to consider the Asia region?
838 selectees means, maximum possible VISA count is 838 provided that if all CNs are within the Current range till end of FY22, and everything goes well without unnecessary delay.
IF CNs of Sri Lankan nationality are higher, Number of VISAs issued to Sri Lankan Nationality could be less than 838, i.e Higher CNs won't get a chance for interview.

838 selectees means, maximum possible VISA count is 838 provided that if all CNs are within the Current range till end of FY22, and everything goes well without unnecessary delay.
IF CNs of Sri Lankan nationality are higher, Number of VISAs issued to Sri Lankan Nationality could be less than 838, i.e Higher CNs won't get a chance for interview.
Sorry still I’m confused for example if someone’s case number AS0000839 it means that person not able to get the visa?

Sorry still I’m confused for example if someone’s case number AS0000839 it means that person not able to get the visa?
First of all note that, CN is assgined for whole AS region - start from AS00000001, and there is not necessarily 838 winners from Asia in front of AS839, typically we can assume around 400 winning cases (CNs), each winning case could have in average one derivative.

further, as per your assumption CN AS839 is very low in AS region, so it has higher chances to get an interview. also All ~400 winning cases in SL (838 selectees) spread over AS00000001 to what ever the highest CN for AS. let's say among the 400 winning cases (838 winners) in SL, 20 cases have CN above AS000025xxx, since 25k is comparatively high for AS, those winning 20 cases including their derivatives have less chance to get an interview.

In a normal year, month of interview will be determined by the Current CN range in Visa Bulletin (VB), if your CN is below the CN given in VB, you're current for that month, which implies you can expect your interview. Again please note this is applicable for a normal year. but DV22 may have some deviation due to processing delay.

finally the VISA approval/denial is Consular Officer's decision.

First of all note that, CN is assgined for whole AS region - start from AS00000001, and there is not necessarily 838 winners from Asia in front of AS839, typically we can assume around 400 winning cases (CNs), each winning case could have in average one derivative.

further, as per your assumption CN AS839 is very low in AS region, so it has higher chances to get an interview. also All ~400 winning cases in SL (838 selectees) spread over AS00000001 to what ever the highest CN for AS. let's say among the 400 winning cases (838 winners) in SL, 20 cases have CN above AS000025xxx, since 25k is comparatively high for AS, those winning 20 cases including their derivatives have less chance to get an interview.

In a normal year, month of interview will be determined by the Current CN range in Visa Bulletin (VB), if your CN is below the CN given in VB, you're current for that month, which implies you can expect your interview. Again please note this is applicable for a normal year. but DV22 may have some deviation due to processing delay.

finally the VISA approval/denial is Consular Officer's decision.
WOW Clear explanation Thank you

Is there any mandatory requirement that the SPONSOR should be a person who is known to me personally?
The CO may request to know about the relationship between the sponsor and the person being sponsored, so one should be prepared to demonstrate that. The sponsor doesn’t necessarily have to been known or related to the main selectee, sponsor could be known or related to the selectee’s spouse for instance.