• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 Sri Lankan Winners

The CO may request to know about the relationship between the sponsor and the person being sponsored, so one should be prepared to demonstrate that. The sponsor doesn’t necessarily have to been known or related to the main selectee, sponsor could be known or related to the selectee’s spouse for instance.
What about having a sponsor who is known to a family member (let's say known to my brother/or father), but not known to me or my spouse.

What about having a sponsor who is known to a family member (let's say known to my brother/or father), but not known to me or my spouse.
The CO will make a judgment call as to if that is acceptable or not.

Reactions: MNE
Guys any know what is the answer for this one in DS-260 ?do we need to include foreign tours we done or any other conditions ?
Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years?

Guys any know what is the answer for this one in DS-260 ?do we need to include foreign tours we done or any other conditions ?
Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years?
Yes you need to. The question is about whether or not you’ve been to any other country, not about the reason or the type of trip it was.

Hi @Sm1smom,
I already submitted my documents in August 2021, but reopened my case in September 2021 as I got married on 12th January 2022. We are now waiting for the police certificate of my spouse which seems to take a long time to receive.

1) since we are afraid that we will delay the process further and our case wont be ready when our number is current, do you think it is best to submit the application and our documents without the police certificate from the country of birth (Sri Lanka) for my spouse. We will be submitting the police certificate from the country of current residence (UAE). And submit it later at the interview

2)since becoming a public charge is a basis for disqualification, do you think we need to be prepared with an i-134 sponsorship, or is it enough to show the assets we have and how can we gauge that these will be enough in order to be qualified.
Or will the educational qualifications be enough (I have an executive MBA, my spouse is CIMA professionally qualified)

Thank you very much for your assistance to all of us always

2022AS000092XX

@pereraaam @Dv22_92xx

Last edited:
Hi @Sm1smom,
I already submitted my documents in August 2021, but reopened my case in September 2021 as I got married on 12th January 2022. We are now waiting for the police certificate of my spouse which seems to take a long time to receive.

1) since we are afraid that we will delay the process further and our case wont be ready when our number is current, do you think it is best to submit the application and our documents without the police certificate from the country of birth (Sri Lanka) for my spouse. We will be submitting the police certificate from the country of current residence (UAE). And submit it later at the interview

2)since becoming a public charge is a basis for disqualification, do you think we need to be prepared with an i-134 sponsorship, or is it enough to show the assets we have and how can we gauge that these will be enough in order to be qualified.
Or will the educational qualifications be enough (I have an executive MBA, my spouse is CIMA professionally qualified)

Thank you very much for your assistance to all of us always
@pereraaam @Dv22_92xx
1. Go ahead and resubmit the updated DS260 forms. KCC no longer require document submission. You’ll take all of your documents to your interview where they will be assessed at that time.
2. Having an I-134 on hand is always recommended, this ensures you’re not caught off guard should it be required when you go for your interview.

1. Go ahead and resubmit the updated DS260 forms. KCC no longer require document submission. You’ll take all of your documents to your interview where they will be assessed at that time.
2. Having an I-134 on hand is always recommended, this ensures you’re not caught off guard should it be required when you go for your interview.
Hi, does anyone know if when updating the principal applicant's spouse in the DS260 form, do we need to also "add applicant" and submit spouse information separately?

Hi, does anyone know if when updating the principal applicant's spouse in the DS260 form, do we need to also "add applicant" and submit spouse information separately?
Yes a separate DS260 form needs to be submitted for the spouse too if the spouse is to be considered a derivative and processed for their own GC too.

Sorry for inconvenience!!!

During 2021 law suit according to brit Sir advising we sent our documents once again will it impact our case anyhow please someone respons thanks you

Hi All.

Anyone has update about interviews or completed cases? As someone has mentioned that two of members had their interviews right?

Hey there !! Did you get any updates?? Yep it seems many Cases attended interviews in SriLanka Embassy according to CEAC data information
Hi All.

Anyone has update about interviews or completed cases? As someone has mentioned that two of members had their interviews right?