• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Thanks @Sm1smom! That makes sense.

My first appointment was scheduled for 21st December, I rescheduled December 19th, and received the attached email Dec 20th (US time). I received the reschedule notice on December 24th for an appointment on January 12th.

I have a few more questions:

1) For the purposes of planning for this second reschedule, if my appointment has been 'placed back in the scheduling queue' as they say in this email, does that guarantee that another one will be scheduled like it was this time? Or is there a chance that it will never be rescheduled? Trying to understand the wording here.

2) Is moving address (from one state to another) a valid reason to reschedule another time?

3) Can I attempt a walk-in at ANY open ASC office, or is it dependent on where my appointment is scheduled? (i.e. if my appointment is scheduled in Cali, can I try a walk-in in Hawaii, as long as it's before my appointment date?)
1. No guarantee until you receive the actual rescheduled notice/date.
2. No, it is not considering it is possible to attend the bio appointment at any ASC willing to do a walk-in.
3. Yes, you could attempt a walk-in at any open ASC willing to take on walk-ins on or before your scheduled date.

1. No guarantee until you receive the actual rescheduled notice/date.
2. No, it is not considering it is possible to attend the bio appointment at any ASC willing to do a walk-in.
3. Yes, you could attempt a walk-in at any open ASC willing to take on walk-ins on or before your scheduled date.
Thanks @Sm1smom :)

Last question for now - do you (or anyone) know if the appointment is scheduled according to your residential address, or postal address (if they are different)?

Thanks @Sm1smom :)

Last question for now - do you (or anyone) know if the appointment is scheduled according to your residential address, or postal address (if they are different)?
It is supposed to be based on the residential/physical address. However, there have been cases where the mailing address was used in setting up the bio appointment.

The bio notice comes with a listed location and date/time. The location will be for the nearest ASC (Application Support Center) to your listed address. After receiving the bio notice, a walk-in attempt may be done at any ASC at any date/time before the scheduled appointment date/time. Some ASC’s may decline a walk-in attempt if they’re super busy or for no reason other than simply being unreasonable. You’ll just have to cross your fingers and hope to meet with a kind/supportive agent when attempting a walk-in.

p.s. I wouldn’t recommend changing your address (even temporarily) to a hotel address for the sake of appointment scheduling. You do not want to introduce a needless complication to your processing when dealing with USCIS - for instance, your GC could end up being sent to that hotel address and subsequently gets lost during delivery which will lead to you having to pay $455 (or whatever the going rate is) for a replacement card.
Thank you! Super helpful.

Finally entered a US port (Honolulu) for the first time entry using the DV visa. The process was quick and the agent was wonderfully friendly.

Regarding the green card production, will I be informed (via email I assume) when the GC has been sent? Will a tracking ID be provided if this is the case?

Finally entered a US port (Honolulu) for the first time entry using the DV visa. The process was quick and the agent was wonderfully friendly.

Regarding the green card production, will I be informed (via email I assume) when the GC has been sent? Will a tracking ID be provided if this is the case?
You won't be informed through email of it being sent, you have to keep checking your USCIS account for details. Though you will receive an email when USCIS status updates notifying you to check your account. It gives you a tracking number in that status update as well.

Hello, I am flying into the US for the first time since receiving my immigrant visa in my passport to do an activation trip and Qantas have asked this question upon check-in (see photo below). I am unsure if I select Australia (where I am currently residing) or the United States (where I am not technically residing but will be once I enter), does anyone know which one to select?

If Australia is selected it says "visitors travelling to the USA are required to provide journey details" and then gives you the option to select "staying in the USA" and you need to enter an address.

If United States is selected it asks to "please provide your residential address in the USA" and also says that "residents of the USA are required to provide a secondary document" and then gets you to choose between resident alien card, permanent resident card or other document type (I presume if I am to select the United States then the visa in my passport would count as other document type)

checkin.jpg

Hello, I am flying into the US for the first time since receiving my immigrant visa in my passport to do an activation trip and Qantas have asked this question upon check-in (see photo below). I am unsure if I select Australia (where I am currently residing) or the United States (where I am not technically residing but will be once I enter), does anyone know which one to select?
You're not a US resident until you've crossed the border and have your IV visa stamped.

You won't be informed through email of it being sent, you have to keep checking your USCIS account for details. Though you will receive an email when USCIS status updates notifying you to check your account. It gives you a tracking number in that status update as well.
When you say check your USCIS account, are you referring to the web page where you enter the USCIS payment reference number to check the green card production status?

1. What travel insurance did everyone use for their activation trip?

2. Are we still Australian residents if we fly over to the US for only 2 weeks on the first trip? Not making permanent move yet.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I'm looking at this now too!
Do we purchase travel insurance as we're just stopping in for a few weeks? Or do we need to get a special LPR insurance even though we're only there to activate before the proper move?

I’m here in the US now after entering for the first time two weeks ago. I’ll be here for 3 months and will return home to sort out further affairs before making the final move.

I’ve used travel insurance for this trip. You don’t lose your Australian residency when you move here permanently.

I’m here in the US now after entering for the first time two weeks ago. I’ll be here for 3 months and will return home to sort out further affairs before making the final move.

I’ve used travel insurance for this trip. You don’t lose your Australian residency when you move here permanently.
Can I just come for two weeks and leave, then return say after three months?

Can I just come for two weeks and leave, then return say after three months?
Yes, once you enter the US you become an LPR and just have to follow the LPR rules. Can't be out of the country for more than a year or your green card is considered abandoned. There isn't really any 'Im just there to activate', as soon as you do you are an LPR. So it'd be no different to if you were to leave the country for 3 months after staying here for 2 years vs coming for two weeks and then leaving.

Someone said that if you hold a GC and ever choose to abandon it in the future, you’d always be denied an ESTA later on. Is this true?

Oh that’s amazing they’re good aren’t they. Congrats on getting the visa in hand!. We waited for about 4 hours then finally had the interview which was quick and got approved by the CO. The people before us all said they were flying out on Sat so she said they can pick up their passports tomorrow but we aren’t leaving until Thursday so can collect ours on Tuesday.
Did your status show "Administrative Processing" after CO approved it in the interview?