• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hi Drm22

We also received a biometrics request after 3 weeks. We got appointment for 5 Dec. My daughter got her greencard, however we got to do the fingerprints.

Hi Drm22

We also received a biometrics request after 3 weeks. We got appointment for 5 Dec. My daughter got her greencard, however we got to do the fingerprints.
But we did our finger prints in Fiji already? Why do you think we need to do them again. We are meant to leave Monday 5th, I'm feeling anxious because the app they suggested is 12/12/22.

But we did our finger prints in Fiji already? Why do you think we need to do them again. We are meant to leave Monday 5th, I'm feeling anxious because the app they suggested is 12/12/22.
Sounds like its happening for a lot of us that interviewed in Suva. Guess the ones we did there weren't adequate / clear enough. A few didn't have to, but most of are being given biometric appointments. I just received mine yesterday as well for the 15th. Not sure you'll be able to move your appointment forward but have heard of some being able to reschedule it once (for a later date) but that they weren't able to pick. They just asked for it to be rescheduled and were assigned a new date, so may have to come back at some point for it either way. It does say on it that if you don't attend then your application will be considered abandoned/denied, so you may just have to adjust your plans to accommodate

For those who received a letter for a biometrics appointment, how long after you entered a POA was it received? Was it sent to the address which you nominated on the DS260?

For those who received a letter for a biometrics appointment, how long after you entered a POA was it received? Was it sent to the address which you nominated on the DS260?
I arrived October 30th in LA. Received it yesterday (December 1st, though it says on it that it was issued on the 26th of Nov, so guessing it was in the mail for a couple days). So it arrived almost exactly 1 month after (some others also received it 1 month after arriving), came to the address on my DS260.

I arrived October 30th in LA. Received it yesterday (December 1st, though it says on it that it was issued on the 26th of Nov, so guessing it was in the mail for a couple days). So it arrived almost exactly 1 month after (some others also received it 1 month after arriving), came to the address on my DS260.
3 weeks after we activated. Social security came during our first week, to the address on we put on DS2 60 form.

Sounds like its happening for a lot of us that interviewed in Suva. Guess the ones we did there weren't adequate / clear enough. A few didn't have to, but most of are being given biometric appointments. I just received mine yesterday as well for the 15th. Not sure you'll be able to move your appointment forward but have heard of some being able to reschedule it once (for a later date) but that they weren't able to pick. They just asked for it to be rescheduled and were assigned a new date, so may have to come back at some point for it either way. It does say on it that if you don't attend then your application will be considered abandoned/denied, so you may just have to adjust your plans to accommodate
We arrived at the office early and pleaded our case and since no one was there literally no one, they did it. I don't think it's standard practice tho, but we tried it and we succeeded. It was a simple form with your name, ethnicity, age and your appearance questions (eye colour), our index finger print was taken only and a picture. That was it our green card will come in 2 month he said. For our family of four it took 30min. The form we filled out was the the second page of the letter they sent us.

Hey guys so if anyone was following my case, my case was stuck in 'card produced' stage for over a month and I couldn't get a hold of anyone via the phone service as the automated system would not transfer me to a human.
Well thanks to a couple of super helpful people on here I was able to get onto to it.
As suggested by someone on here, you have to say 'infopass' as the voice prompt and you are transferred to a human within 30 seconds.
There I was told I did in fact require biometrics (as so helpfully suggested by someone else on here that might be the case) and that an appointment letter had been sent to me a couple weeks prior. I never received the appointment letter so they resent it via email and it arrived within a couple of hours. In the emailed letter I saw they did not have my apartment number in my address which is why it musn't have reached me, so I called up to add this on but they said I needed to file an address change and they couldn't do it over the phone. It isn't technically an address change, they just haven't put on the unit number on for some reason, as my social security card arrived within a week of arrival with my apartment number correctly listed.
Anyway back to biometrics, so by the time I had the appointment date it was within a week or so, and i had already scheduled to be out of town.
So I had to request a new appointment. They said they will send this off to the biometrics centre where I live and they will send me a new notice.
Well the new notice never arrived, so I again called up, and had the letter emailed to me.
The new appointment was scehduled for 3 weeks after the initial one.
My appointment was last Tuesday, and the case status immediately changed from card produced, to being reviewed.
On Friday it went back to card being produced, so it seems it's a pretty fast turn around time.
I would like to add for all of us who interviewed at Suva, maybe it wasn't our finger prints that is the issue, but rather our photo, and the way they upload it or something? Because only my one index finger was taken (as was the person above), as i guess a signature to link to our profile, and the photo that was taken I was advised would be the one that would be on the greencard, so all that looking cute for my passport photos was for nothing since i just rolled out of bed looking crazy for this appointment thinking it was just fingerprints and if it was a photo, it was just for their records, not for the actual greencard.
So just a heads up for anyone who is yet to do their biometrics :)

Hey DC, thanks so much for sharing your experience and the heads up. So they allowed you into the appointment with just the email copy or did you have to bring in the physical letter too? Was your original visa photo generally OK looking? Nothing visibly off? Maybe it is to do with the resolution of their scanner and upload.

So I wonder if when people have their photo taken at the POE right off the plane if that ones used for the greencard too? Can anyone confirm if that’s been the case?

Hey DC, thanks so much for sharing your experience and the heads up. So they allowed you into the appointment with just the email copy or did you have to bring in the physical letter too? Was your original visa photo generally OK looking? Nothing visibly off? Maybe it is to do with the resolution of their scanner and upload.

So I wonder if when people have their photo taken at the POE right off the plane if that ones used for the greencard too? Can anyone confirm if that’s been the case?
No worries hun!
I ended up printing it out. On the second page is a short questionnaire about, height, weight, race, eye color, hair colour etc, so you have to fill this out anyway and hand it in there.
I was curious as to why, as we didnt fill out anything similar in this process so what bout people who didnt have a biometrics appointment?
I was also wondering this!! I asked a few questions back what photo is the one that appears on the greencard, the one taken at entry or our passport ones, and no one replied, I can't imagine it would be the ones at port of entry as people would certainly be looking a bit rough lol
My photo didn't look the best is was kinda light and you couldn't see my features as pronounced as say our aussie passport photo page. But i went back and looked at my prior US visa's and they all kinda look like they have bad resolution/black and white etc.. and the originals were all perfect.. so who knows.. I definitely wish I knew that's what the photo at biometrics was for though lol. Do you have to do one also? or not sure yet?

Last edited:
No worries hun!
I ended up printing it out. On the second page is a short questionnaire about, height, weight, race, eye color, hair colour etc, so you have to fill this out anyway and hand it in there.
I was curious as to why, as we didnt fill out anything similar in this process so what bout people who didnt have a biometrics appointment?
I was also wondering this!! I asked a few questions back what photo is the one that appears on the greencard, the one taken at entry or our passport ones, and no one replied, I can't imagine it would be the ones at port of entry as people would certainly be looking a bit rough lol
My photo didn't look the best is was kinda light and you couldn't see my features as pronounced as say our aussie passport photo page. But i went back and looked at my prior US visa's and they all kinda look like they have bad resolution/black and white etc.. and the originals were all perfect.. so who knows.. I definitely wish I knew that's what the photo at biometrics was for though lol. Do you have to do one also? or not sure yet?
The picture taken during the bio appointment is the one used for the GC, Susie did provide you with this info in an earlier response (on Oct. 22nd to be precise). The passport photo and bio captured at the time of the interview is what is normally used, but when there’s an issue with either of those when they get sent over by the embassy to USCIS which means they’re useable for the GC production, then USCIS schedules a bio appointment to recapture those to enable the GC production.

She didn't advise this is what would be on the Greencard photo. That's why I kept asking. She simply replied that bio is fingerprints and photo, and as this is what I got asked for every time I entered The States at POE on previous tourist trips, I assumed the photo was just for their internal records since it was not done at POE on this occasion.
Yes I understand that but everyone kept reiterating the fingerprints part, not that they needed the Greencard photo specifically, i definitely would have looked semi presentable had i known lol

We (or at least me) didn’t get a photo taken at POE. Just handed them my immigration packet and sat and let them do their thing and confirmed a few details when asked and that was it

She didn't advise this is what would be on the Greencard photo. That's why I kept asking. She simply replied that bio is fingerprints and photo, and as this is what I got asked for every time I entered The States at POE on previous tourist trips, I assumed the photo was just for their internal records since it was not done at POE on this occasion.
Yes I understand that but everyone kept reiterating the fingerprints part, not that they needed the Greencard photo specifically, i definitely would have looked semi presentable had i known lol
I suppose the reason she (and another member who also explained bio collection involves fingerprints and photos) did not advise the picture would be used for the GC was because they were addressing your understanding of the biometrics involving just fingerprints collection back then.

I entered US on Nov 16th POE LA. I have been checking my status using receipt number but it only shows payment received in August, no further updates. It is three weeks and I have not received any notification electronically or by postal. Is this normal?

If I don't get my physical green card and do not get the biometrics, can I still travel back to Australia just for a month and come back?

I have also sent I-131 and have not received biometrics appointment.

I entered US on Nov 16th POE LA. I have been checking my status using receipt number but it only shows payment received in August, no further updates. It is three weeks and I have not received any notification electronically or by postal. Is this normal?
I entered October 30th POE LA. Mine also shows payment received and I got my biometrics letter early December. So it may come in the next 2 weeks as it seems ~1 month ish has been when most have received it. The letter comes by postal, not electronically and status will still show "Payment received" even after you receive it.

Last edited:
I entered October 30th POE LA. Mine also shows payment received and I got my biometrics letter early December. So it may come in the next 2 weeks as it seems ~1 month ish has been when most have received it. The letter comes by postal, not electronically and status will still show "Payment received" even after you receive it.
It was almost three months before mine was sent