• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

If I don't get my physical green card and do not get the biometrics, can I still travel back to Australia just for a month and come back?

I have also sent I-131 and have not received biometrics appointment.
you may not need an appointment, it is just some people, and yes you can come back with the stamped visa

For those tracking the turn around time for when you get you card after the appointment;
Bio appointment was Tues Nov 29, by Fri Dec 2nd case status changed to card produced, today Dec 8 case status changed to card sent

I entered US on Nov 16th POE LA. I have been checking my status using receipt number but it only shows payment received in August, no further updates. It is three weeks and I have not received any notification electronically or by postal. Is this normal?
yes it took two months from entry before the status changed for me

Hey guys so if anyone was following my case, my case was stuck in 'card produced' stage for over a month and I couldn't get a hold of anyone via the phone service as the automated system would not transfer me to a human.
Well thanks to a couple of super helpful people on here I was able to get onto to it.
As suggested by someone on here, you have to say 'infopass' as the voice prompt and you are transferred to a human within 30 seconds.
There I was told I did in fact require biometrics (as so helpfully suggested by someone else on here that might be the case) and that an appointment letter had been sent to me a couple weeks prior. I never received the appointment letter so they resent it via email and it arrived within a couple of hours. In the emailed letter I saw they did not have my apartment number in my address which is why it musn't have reached me, so I called up to add this on but they said I needed to file an address change and they couldn't do it over the phone. It isn't technically an address change, they just haven't put on the unit number on for some reason, as my social security card arrived within a week of arrival with my apartment number correctly listed.
Anyway back to biometrics, so by the time I had the appointment date it was within a week or so, and i had already scheduled to be out of town.
So I had to request a new appointment. They said they will send this off to the biometrics centre where I live and they will send me a new notice.
Well the new notice never arrived, so I again called up, and had the letter emailed to me.
The new appointment was scehduled for 3 weeks after the initial one.
My appointment was last Tuesday, and the case status immediately changed from card produced, to being reviewed.
On Friday it went back to card being produced, so it seems it's a pretty fast turn around time.
I would like to add for all of us who interviewed at Suva, maybe it wasn't our finger prints that is the issue, but rather our photo, and the way they upload it or something? Because only my one index finger was taken (as was the person above), as i guess a signature to link to our profile, and the photo that was taken I was advised would be the one that would be on the greencard, so all that looking cute for my passport photos was for nothing since i just rolled out of bed looking crazy for this appointment thinking it was just fingerprints and if it was a photo, it was just for their records, not for the actual greencard.
So just a heads up for anyone who is yet to do their biometrics :)
Lol our four pictures looked terrible, straight out of bed, kids hair weren't even brushed and that's our green card pic now haha. I also took the time to do my hair for the initial one and not biometrics app.

Lol our four pictures looked terrible, straight out of bed, kids hair weren't even brushed and that's our green card pic now haha. I also took the time to do my hair for the initial one and not biometrics app.
yes that was me too lol.. lol you didnt know it would be on the card either then lol
i just received mine in today's mail, luckily its so small and still black and white, so not as bad as i was anticipating, but when i saw the photo at the centre, it was on her computer and took up the full screen, i got a huge shock and begged her to retake it loll

Has anyone from Fiji not received the bio appointment request? My partner and I head over in Feb and I’m hoping that it’s not everyone…

Also does the letter say where the appointment is? Does the location for the appointment relate to the address on your GC/visa? Ours is in NC, but if we had to fly back after our quick activation trip obviously Hawaii would be easier from Aust – although I’m assuming it’s not that flexible.

Constantly being kept on our toes the last 12 months with this process

Has anyone from Fiji not received the bio appointment request? My partner and I head over in Feb and I’m hoping that it’s not everyone…

Also does the letter say where the appointment is? Does the location for the appointment relate to the address on your GC/visa? Ours is in NC, but if we had to fly back after our quick activation trip obviously Hawaii would be easier from Aust – although I’m assuming it’s not that flexible.

Most people are not getting one. The appointment is scheduled for the city you put as your address and yes it's in the letter. You may be able to change it after you've received the letter. Worse come to worse, after you receive the letter, you can go online and change your address for a hotel in Hawaii or something for the purpose of appointment scheduling

Hi All,

Did anyone not receive their SSN card within three weeks of arriving? I'm wondering if I should try calling SSA by phone or by going to an office. Would appreciate any insight from those who have been in the same situation

The bio notice comes with a listed location and date/time. The location will be for the nearest ASC (Application Support Center) to your listed address. After receiving the bio notice, a walk-in attempt may be done at any ASC at any date/time before the scheduled appointment date/time. Some ASC’s may decline a walk-in attempt if they’re super busy or for no reason other than simply being unreasonable. You’ll just have to cross your fingers and hope to meet with a kind/supportive agent when attempting a walk-in.

p.s. I wouldn’t recommend changing your address (even temporarily) to a hotel address for the sake of appointment scheduling. You do not want to introduce a needless complication to your processing when dealing with USCIS - for instance, your GC could end up being sent to that hotel address and subsequently gets lost during delivery which will lead to you having to pay $455 (or whatever the going rate is) for a replacement card.

Hi All,

Did anyone not receive their SSN card within three weeks of arriving? I'm wondering if I should try calling SSA by phone or by going to an office. Would appreciate any insight from those who have been in the same situation
Yes, some folks do end up not automatically receiving the SSN. You’ll need to visit your nearest SSA office and apply in person in that case.

Hey Folks

its been a while since i've posted hope you're all doing well. So I paid the USCIS fee a few days ago and created a profile. I changed the address of where I'm having my green card sent to so hopefully should be ok on that front. After paying the fee and setting up the profile it has my full name listed weirdly. Anyways just say my full name is Joe Bloggs. For some strange reason it has my name listed as Joe NMN Bloggs. I do not know where the NMN came from and just don't want this printed in my physical green card as I don't have a middle name and I don't know where the NMN came from as I know I definitely did not type this.

Any advice for the best way to rectify this issue. I did try submitting this form through the USCIC profile, though I'm not entirely sure if I submitted correctly as there's a drop down with a whole heap of forms though I selected one for Immigration & Alien Registration. I submitted a form it gave me a reference number and said I should get a reply by 16th Jan, though concerned if it takes that long that may already print my name with the NMN on it. Has this issue come up for anyone else and should i be concerned? I head out to the US just before New Years and POE will be LA

Hey Folks

its been a while since i've posted hope you're all doing well. So I paid the USCIS fee a few days ago and created a profile. I changed the address of where I'm having my green card sent to so hopefully should be ok on that front. After paying the fee and setting up the profile it has my full name listed weirdly. Anyways just say my full name is Joe Bloggs. For some strange reason it has my name listed as Joe NMN Bloggs. I do not know where the NMN came from and just don't want this printed in my physical green card as I don't have a middle name and I don't know where the NMN came from as I know I definitely did not type this.

Any advice for the best way to rectify this issue. I did try submitting this form through the USCIC profile, though I'm not entirely sure if I submitted correctly as there's a drop down with a whole heap of forms though I selected one for Immigration & Alien Registration. I submitted a form it gave me a reference number and said I should get a reply by 16th Jan, though concerned if it takes that long that may already print my name with the NMN on it. Has this issue come up for anyone else and should i be concerned? I head out to the US just before New Years and POE will be LA
not sure of if you need to take any action / if it is a mistake and will be printed on the physical card, but a quick google shows that "NMN" stands for No Middle Name.

not sure of if you need to take any action / if it is a mistake and will be printed on the physical card, but a quick google shows that "NMN" stands for No Middle Name.
Ahh I feel like such an idiot you are probably right. I had no idea. Thanks for clarifying. I guess this whole thing could've been avoided if my parents had given me a middle name :)

Ahh I feel like such an idiot you are probably right. I had no idea. Thanks for clarifying. I guess this whole thing could've been avoided if my parents had given me a middle name :)
Same thing happened to me. My mailing address and Greencard both have my middle name but USCIS lists me as NMN for some reason.
Can confirm that the greencard letter gets sent to FirstName NMN LastName but my greencard correctly has my middle name. So this shouldn’t be printed on your actual greencard

I have read somewhere that biometrics is generally valid for 15 months so if I have a biometrics requirement for two different applications and if I have done it once do I have to do it again? Do they re-use it or will ask for the fresh once every time within 3 months?

Hey Folks

just a couple of days till I embark on my new journey. Just wanted to know what people did regarding travel/health insurance? I don't have a job sorted yet, and I know most health insurance in the US is aligned with your employment. So wanted to know what the best options were regarding travel/health insurance as I just spoke to Covermore and they don't do insurance if you're going to the US on an immigrant visa. Someone here recommended Patriot America Plus though to get that you've got to go through another third party website, so I'm a bit reluctant to go with an insurance company that doesn't have their own website/contact number.

You should have entered your US visa number into the APIS information section. And especially at the airport Qantas should have known how to do it.
Had a similar experience with a different airline, unless you get an old-timer (ie checkin person with experience); I guess newer checkin people just follow a script and mentally break otherwise.

Despite having the visa in the passport and having pre-filled that apis thing, got asked for (at checkin)

1. Where is your esta and I had to argue it was not needed
2. Your esta has expired
3. Where is your resident form
4. Where is your non resident form
(yes 3 and 4 contradict each other, same info, and they already had said info anyways)
5. Where is your visa (I literally said in the passport), as she was holding my passport, after I had literally said moments earlier, the visa is in the passport.

Felt like I was interacting with Patrick from SpongeBob.

Person was definitely in auto-mode; they took passport; ignore everything I said; proceeded to ask for esta; looked at me like I was crazy when I said I had a visa in the passport; still continued to insist I need an esta; repeat a few more times; check with 3 other ppl who said the same thing, no esta, no fly, then eventually got an old timer who said, they have a visa, geez, you enter their visa number, click override, click override, click submit, done.

Longest 25 min checkin ever ….

Hey y’all, questions regarding rescheduling biometrics appointments.

I’ve rescheduled once, and what I’ve heard is generally 2 times is the max amount of reschedules. So:

1) If I attempt to reschedule a third time, is the worst that can happen is they say no, I must attend the scheduled appointment. (I.e. I’m not risking my green card by ASKING am I?)

2) How do they inform you if your reschedule is declined - do they say it immediately over the phone or is it a couple days later via email?

Trying to guage whether there is risk in asking as many times as they let me until they say no, and then getting over to the US.

Hey y’all, questions regarding rescheduling biometrics appointments.

I’ve rescheduled once, and what I’ve heard is generally 2 times is the max amount of reschedules. So:

1) If I attempt to reschedule a third time, is the worst that can happen is they say no, I must attend the scheduled appointment. (I.e. I’m not risking my green card by ASKING am I?)

2) How do they inform you if your reschedule is declined - do they say it immediately over the phone or is it a couple days later via email?

Trying to guage whether there is risk in asking as many times as they let me until they say no, and then getting over to the US.
1. The worst that can happen is you find out you’ve missed your scheduled appointment (you’ll only find out after your scheduled appointment has already passed) - you don’t want to find yourself in this situation.
2. You most likely will not be informed if the request gets declined - you get to find out you’ve missed your appointment when the date for the previously scheduled appointment has already passed and a new appointment never got scheduled.

1. The worst that can happen is you find out you’ve missed your scheduled appointment (you’ll only find out after your scheduled appointment has already passed) - you don’t want to find yourself in this situation.
2. You most likely will not be informed if the request gets declined - you get to find out you’ve missed your appointment when the date for the previously scheduled appointment has already passed and a new appointment never got scheduled.
Thanks @Sm1smom! That makes sense.

My first appointment was scheduled for 21st December, I rescheduled December 19th, and received the attached email Dec 20th (US time). I received the reschedule notice on December 24th for an appointment on January 12th.

I have a few more questions:

1) For the purposes of planning for this second reschedule, if my appointment has been 'placed back in the scheduling queue' as they say in this email, does that guarantee that another one will be scheduled like it was this time? Or is there a chance that it will never be rescheduled? Trying to understand the wording here.

2) Is moving address (from one state to another) a valid reason to reschedule another time?

3) Can I attempt a walk-in at ANY open ASC office, or is it dependent on where my appointment is scheduled? (i.e. if my appointment is scheduled in Cali, can I try a walk-in in Hawaii, as long as it's before my appointment date?)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 9.30.02 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 9.30.02 am.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 12