• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

BTW, since you need a valid status to adjust from, if you graduate you can't apply for AOS after your current status expires until your OPT application is approved. So although you can lawfully stay in US while your current status has ended and your OPT is pending, you can't file a new AOS application until your pending application is approved.

@Sm1smom I understand that you can fill form I-765 (for OPT) from 90 days before until 60 days after the end date of your program on your form I-20. Does the same apply to form I-485 as well, i.e can one fill form I-485 until 60 days after the end date of the study program?
As long as the person subsequently gets OPT or roll into another valid status prior to their AOS application being adjudicated. Simply applying for AOS during the 60 days grace period does not keep one in a valid status.

As long as the person subsequently gets OPT or roll into another valid status prior to their AOS application being adjudicated. Simply applying for AOS during the 60 days grace period does not keep one in a valid status.
Thanks mom!

Hello everyone,

One question, for the monthly bank statement documentation included in the package, I was thinking on sending my statements for the last 4-5 months. My bank uses a statement format of 5 pages per month in which they include a section with all the purchases and details I did for that month. Should I include all pages for all statements or just the first page of the statement which shows my balance, deposits, and transactions?

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

One question, for the monthly bank statement documentation included in the package, I was thinking on sending my statements for the last 4-5 months. My bank uses a statement format of 5 pages per month in which they include a section with all the purchases and details I did for that month. Should I include all pages for all statements or just the first page of the statement which shows my balance, deposits, and transactions?

Thank you!
It's a personal choice. I left all the pages in, except for the non-account-related ones discussing interest rates, etc.

Hi all,
Do I have to include a copy of every page (including blank pages) of my passport with I485? Or just a bio-page, visa page, and stamped pages are enough? Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance (as I cannot reply to answers due to the "spam" error).

Hi all,
Do I have to include a copy of every page (including blank pages) of my passport with I485? Or just a bio-page, visa page, and stamped pages are enough? Any suggestions?
All I am including are bio-page and visa page but maybe other people have different opinions about this

Hi all,

There's no need to include blank pages. Just the ones you mentioned should be fine.

Hi all,
Bio and visa page. Take a look at the AOS spreadsheet, "AOS package" tab.

Hi,
I am DV2022 Winner AS16** of Nepal but I am residing in the United States and in a student visa. My number gets current in the month of November. I submitted DS-260 in May and till now I haven’t heard back from KCC to send the documents to them but I have submitted the documents without being asked. I did receive the email from KCC saying documents have been received and are being processed. So what should I do next since my number is going to be current in November? I don't want to disrupt the process. I am doing AOS.
Thank you

Hi,
I am DV2022 Winner AS16** of Nepal but I am residing in the United States and in a student visa. My number gets current in the month of November. I submitted DS-260 in May and till now I haven’t heard back from KCC to send the documents to them but I have submitted the documents without being asked. I did receive the email from KCC saying documents have been received and are being processed. So what should I do next since my number is going to be current in November? I don't want to disrupt the process. I am doing AOS.
Thank you
Read the AOS spreadsheet linked in the first post.

What documents did you send to KCC? You only need to send a 330$ check per person to KCC w/ a SASE for the receipt, nothing else.

Hi,
Thank you
Did you bother to follow the instruction provided (to your first question in this forum) on this post back in July?

Read the AOS spreadsheet linked in the first post.

What documents did you send to KCC? You only need to send a 330$ check per person to KCC w/ a SASE for the receipt, nothing else.
I haven't sent that DV fee yet...Am I too late.I was waiting for the email for KCC..My case is current in November..Am I too late ?

Hi everyone, does anyone know if I can use a printed out Certified Electronic Diploma in the interview as proof of my Bachelor's degree?

I haven't sent that DV fee yet...Am I too late.I was waiting for the email for KCC..My case is current in November..Am I too late ?
Did you bother to follow the instruction provided (to your first question in this forum) on this post back in July?

On the "harsh but true" front: You are going to be a lot more successful at this if you read the spreadsheet (that's what it's there for) than if you keep asking questions without knowing the right questions to ask.

Come on! You don't care enough about your case to read the AOS spreadsheet that has EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW, but expect people to spend their time for answering? Take Sussie and mom's advice and spend some time to read through the AOS spreadsheet.

Some information about vaccinations for I-693, hope it may be helpful. Please, correct me if I misunderstand anything.

The form requires 4 vaccines (for applicants 19-59 years old):
- TD/TDAP;
- MMR;
- Varicella;
- Flu (the season is almost started).

All of them can be made by your current provider and covered by your insurance. You'll need to just print records that you got them.
MMR and Varicella are 2 component vaccines. My doctor recommended to wait for 4 weeks between shots.

If I understand correctly, for I-693 we'll need to bring the proof that we are fully vaccinated (got both shots) and therefore we need to schedule the appointment for the day after the 2nd shots are done.

For those who don't have proofs of the previous vaccinations and need to do them, please take the timeframes into account.

Some information about vaccinations for I-693, hope it may be helpful. Please, correct me if I misunderstand anything.

- TD/TDAP;
- MMR;
- Varicella;

All of them can be made by your current provider and covered by your insurance. You'll need to just print records that you got them.
MMR and Varicella are 2 component vaccines. My doctor recommended to wait for 4 weeks between shots.

If I understand correctly, for I-693 we'll need to bring the proof that we are fully vaccinated (got both shots) and therefore we need to schedule the appointment for the day after the 2nd shots are done.

For those who don't have proofs of the previous vaccinations and need to do them, please take the timeframes into account.
From 1 October you can add the covid vaccine to those required (i know you indirectly mentioned this but did not name it!!).
Varicella is not required for people who have had chickenpox.
Also note if longer than 10 years since last tetanus shot you'll need a booster.

- TD/TDAP;
- MMR;
- Varicella;

You can get lab tests done and only get the shots you actually need, at least for some of these. It will probably end up costing the same, but it's pretty fast and some people may prefer it to getting unnecessary shots.