• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

If you plan on filing before Oct.1st when this new requirement goes into effect, you will be fine in that case.
The plan was to file the case right in the end of the September, as it becomes current in October. But what's the worst case scenario?

The plan was to file the case right in the end of the September, as it becomes current in October. But what's the worst case scenario?
A case denial will be a worst case scenario, right? And depending on when the odenial happens, opportunity to re-file may be gone, right? So “worse” enough?

A case denial will be a worst case scenario, right? And depending on when the odenial happens, opportunity to re-file may be gone, right? So “worse” enough?
Sounds more like doomsday scenario...

I mean, at this moment the only foolproof option is to delay filing and make new I-693 form after October, 1.

Hey team!

I have a quick question about dv fee. I received my receipts by mail but when I am looking at ceac website IV fee section it says that IV fee is not applicable for my case. Is that normal and I don't need to worry about it? DS-260 was completed as you can see from the screenshot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 12.33.26.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 12.33.26.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 19
Hey team!

I have a quick question about dv fee. I received my receipts by mail but when I am looking at ceac website IV fee section it says that IV fee is not applicable for my case. Is that normal and I don't need to worry about it? DS-260 was completed as you can see from the screenshot
Ignore that information. It is not applicable to you.

Reactions: dji
Hi,
I was trying to fill out the form I-134 but I noticed that the latest I-134 form that I can get from the USCIS website has an expiration date of 02/28/2021.
1) Has anyone of you been able to get a newer I-134 form? Is this form discontinued along with the public charge rule?
2) Furthermore, I am a graduate student with a yearly stipend of 21K with no other derivative applicants. Do you have any recommendation whether I need to submit form I-134 or not?

Hi,
I was trying to fill out the form I-134 but I noticed that the latest I-134 form that I can get from the USCIS website has an expiration date of 02/28/2021.
1) Has anyone of you been able to get a newer I-134 form? Is this form discontinued along with the public charge rule?
2) Furthermore, I am a graduate student with a yearly stipend of 21K with no other derivative applicants. Do you have any recommendation whether I need to submit form I-134 or not?
1. The form is still valid. The edition date, as with all USCIS forms is what matters. For the I-134, USCIS says:
“Edition Date: 02/13/19. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 02/13/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.”
2. Get an I-134 if you can find someone to provide you with one, as a backup financial document. If you can’t, you take your chances with what you have and hope for the best.

Hello everyone quick question,

For part 3 on form I-485 (Image attached), I am a bit confused regarding the red part (Address outside the US). Is this just for the last five years? Or just my last address outside the US?

Thanks!

Leo

Attachments

• Question 1.JPG
    Question 1.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 21
USCIS UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT AS PART OF THE MEDICAL EXAM
“Effective Oct. 1, 2021, applicants subject to the immigration medical examination must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the civil surgeon can complete an immigration medical examination and sign Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record.”

The update requires applicants subject to the immigration medical examination to complete the COVID-19 vaccine series (one or two doses, depending on the vaccine) and provide documentation of vaccination to the civil surgeon before completion of the immigration medical examination. This requirement is effective Oct. 1, 2021, and applies prospectively to all Forms I-693 signed by the civil surgeons on or after that date. We are working on updating Form I-693 and the form instructions to incorporate this new requirement.”

I've just come back into the country on a new passport (visa is in my old passport)... Question 22: Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any), although there's technically not a visa in the new passport as it's in my old one- would it be wise to write the Visa Number in from the old Passport as it's still valid?

I've just come back into the country on a new passport (visa is in my old passport)... Question 22: Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any), although there's technically not a visa in the new passport as it's in my old one- would it be wise to write the Visa Number in from the old Passport as it's still valid?
The "if any" is part of that question precisely for situation such as yours. Write the visa number from the old passport, and the passport information from the new passport.

The "if any" is part of that question precisely for situation such as yours. Write the visa number from the old passport, and the passport information from the new passport.
OK, thanks! I misinterpreted the “if any”.

Hello, I am DV02022 SA13XX with a student visa living in the USA until June 15 of 2022. I have these questions

1. I already submit ds260 and I noticed that I made the mistake of writing my Social Security Number of the application ( one number was left). I didn't send the document yet. It's better to send the documents and then ask for unlocking? or it's better to unlock and then send the documents? My intents are to not delayed more.

2. I read the Pros/Cons of AOS and CP and the historical visa bulletin data. My Average CN month will be April 2022 aprox. I am undecided which one is more convenient in my situation considering the times for the interview and the delayed for the pandemic.

3.There are any statistics of AOS selectees that got the interview?

4. If I do AOS and I didn't receive notification for the interview I lose my chance? I can apply for OPT and AOS at the same time?

5. How works the processing times on USCIS for form I 485? I ask because the processing time of form I 485 is between 9 to 19 months. if I do AOS on march/April 2022 I will have approx 6 months until 30 September 2022?

2021-09-15 (2).png

Please if someone can help I will appreciate. My number is xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I am DV02022 SA13XX with a student visa living in the USA until June 15 of 2022. I have these questions

1. I already submit ds260 and I noticed that I made the mistake of writing my Social Security Number of the application ( one number was left). I didn't send the document yet. It's better to send the documents and then ask for unlocking? or it's better to unlock and then send the documents? My intents are to not delayed more.

2. I read the Pros/Cons of AOS and CP and the historical visa bulletin data. My Average CN month will be April 2022 aprox. I am undecided which one is more convenient in my situation considering the times for the interview and the delayed for the pandemic.

3.There are any statistics of AOS selectees that got the interview?

4. If I do AOS and I didn't receive notification for the interview I lose my chance? I can apply for OPT and AOS at the same time?

5. How works the processing times on USCIS for form I 485? I ask because the processing time of form I 485 is between 9 to 19 months. if I do AOS on march/April 2022 I will have approx 6 months until 30 September 2022?

View attachment 3015

Please if someone can help I will appreciate. My number is xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
1. If you’re processing AOS, you don’t send documents to KCC, so I’m not quite sure precisely what your question is about.
2. Although you haven’t asked any specific questions here, I can’t help you figure out which option is better for you. You’ve read the available information, so you decide based on what you know about your circumstances.
3. There are Timeline spreadsheets used for tracking DV based AOS cases in this forum. Links to the current FY and a couple of past years can be found on the "Timeline" tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet.
4. If your case is not adjudicated by the end of the applicable FY, that is the end of your DV selection for the FY in question. Yes you can, however it is advisable to apply for OPT first before filing for AOS to ensure you have a fallback status in case your AOS application is denied or not adjudicated by the end of the FY.
5. The general USCIS displayed timeline is not applicable to DV based AOS applications. See answer 3 above.

p.s. you can't seriously believe anyone that wants to help or guide you through this process for free will call your phone number in order to do so. If you want to learn about the process, your best bet is to stick with this forum, spend time going over the AOS process spreadsheet and ask follow-up questions as they come up. Also not a smart idea to post personal information such as your phone number in a public forum by the way, unless you don't mind trolls calling you. I've therefore edited your post to hide your posted number.

Hello, my cn is DV 2022 SA14xx, did I have time to do AOS? or its much faster cp?
Your question is rather vague, you haven’t provided any useful information that could help with addressing the question. Anyway, the FY is just about to start. Take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet to determine which process works better for you.