• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

1. If you’re processing AOS, you don’t send documents to KCC, so I’m not quite sure precisely what your question is about.
2. Although you haven’t asked any specific questions here, I can’t help you figure out which option is better for you. You’ve read the available information, so you decide based on what you know about your circumstances.
3. There are Timeline spreadsheets used for tracking DV based AOS cases in this forum. Links to the current FY and a couple of past years can be found on the "Timeline" tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet.
4. If your case is not adjudicated by the end of the applicable FY, that is the end of your DV selection for the FY in question. Yes you can, however it is advisable to apply for OPT first before filing for AOS to ensure you have a fallback status in case your AOS application is denied or not adjudicated by the end of the FY.
5. The general USCIS displayed timeline is not applicable to DV based AOS applications. See answer 3 above.

p.s. you can't seriously believe anyone that wants to help or guide you through this process for free will call your phone number in order to do so. If you want to learn about the process, your best bet is to stick with this forum, spend time going over the AOS process spreadsheet and ask follow-up questions as they come up. Also not a smart idea to post personal information such as your phone number in a public forum by the way, unless you don't mind trolls calling you. I've therefore edited your post to hide your posted number.
Thanks for answering and advising for not to share my number.

1. I see that the form i485 is used for many green card categories, DV petitions are faster than the others that filled form i 485?

2. Where I can find Statistics or information of DV selectees that made AOS?

3. It's better to pay the $330 fee before applying OPT and filling the AOS?

Thanks for answering and advising for not to share my number.

1. I see that the form i485 is used for many green card categories, DV petitions are faster than the others that filled form i 485?

2. Where I can find Statistics or information of DV selectees that made AOS?

3. It's better to pay the $330 fee before applying OPT and filling the AOS?

1. Yes.
2. I already provided you with that information in my previous response to you - "There are Timeline spreadsheets used for tracking DV based AOS cases in this forum. Links to the current FY and a couple of past years can be found on the "Timeline" tab of the "AOS Process spreadsheet." I assume you've already come across the AOS process spreadsheet since you stated you've already gone through the Pros and Cons of AOS vs CP.
3. You may do that since paying the $330 fee early enables you to receive the payment receipt early. However, before you do so, I highly recommend you spend you good amount of time reviewing the AOS Process Spreadsheet - there are several tabs on that spreadsheet you may want to get yourself familiar with, especially the FAQ tab.

1. Yes.
2. I already provided you with that information in my previous response to you - "There are Timeline spreadsheets used for tracking DV based AOS cases in this forum. Links to the current FY and a couple of past years can be found on the "Timeline" tab of the "AOS Process spreadsheet." I assume you've already come across the AOS process spreadsheet since you stated you've already gone through the Pros and Cons of AOS vs CP.
3. You may do that since paying the $330 fee early enables you to receive the payment receipt early. However, before you do so, I highly recommend you spend you good amount of time reviewing the AOS Process Spreadsheet - there are several tabs on that spreadsheet you may want to get yourself familiar with, especially the FAQ tab.
Thank you

My Lord Jesus has done it again. i got my Green card on 09/15/2021..
Its still shocking but true.
I have been playing the DV lottery since 2009. I got selected in 2011 but the results were cancelled because of the KCC glitch.
When the DV 2021 results were out in June 2020, i was scared to check since i was used to ''Not selected''for the last 10 years.So i forgot about it for 6 months. It was in January 2021 that i remembered, and got the courage to check and the 1NL was smiling at me.:oops:

Some tips i have found useful in the DV journey.

1. Pray, pray, and pray more. At every step pray. Pray for every document.There are times that i felt i would never get the G.C but prayer gave me hope. One miracle after another started happening. God is able.

2. Be persistent and don't give up.Utilize every opportunity available. I put in different expedited requests. its the 3rd that was completed, and i got an interview earlier than expected.

3. Just because you don't see the updates on the case status or from Emma doesn't mean that your case is not moving. Its moving in the background. getting my IL surprised me because i never got any letter confirming that the expedited request was granted. My IL date was 5 weeks after filing form I-485.

4. I got a hotel for the night [5 minutes away from the FO ], so that i get to the ealy morning interview on time. It was raining the day before the interview, and the morning of the interview. I did not want to risk being late because of the traffic or oversleeping and not showing up.

5. My case wasn't approved the day of the interview, as the KCC file was still pending. The IO told me that the DV fee payment receipt is very important. So make sure you get it from KCC and take it to your interview.

6. Using money orders than Credit cards or checks to pay for the DV fee and AOS fee was helpful. I think they are quickly cashed than the rest of the forms of payment. Since you can track USPS money orders, i strongly recommend it. A day saved in the process goes a long way to help speed up your case.

Thank you Mom for creating this thread, and for the time you put in to help others. May God reward you in return.

I have been playing the DV lottery since 2009. I got selected in 2011 but the results were cancelled because of the KCC glitch.
When the DV 2021 results were out in June 2020, i was scared to check since i was used to ''Not selected''for the last 10 years.So i forgot about it for 6 months. It was in January 2021 that i remembered, and got the courage to check and the 1NL was smiling at me.:oops:

1. Pray, pray, and pray more. At every step pray. Pray for every document.There are times that i felt i would never get the G.C but prayer gave me hope. One miracle after another started happening. God is able.

2. Be persistent and don't give up.Utilize every opportunity available. I put in different expedited requests. its the 3rd that was completed, and i got an interview earlier than expected.

3. Just because you don't see the updates on the case status or from Emma doesn't mean that your case is not moving. Its moving in the background. getting my IL surprised me because i never got any letter confirming that the expedited request was granted. My IL date was 5 weeks after filing form I-485.

4. I got a hotel for the night [5 minutes away from the FO ], so that i get to the ealy morning interview on time. It was raining the day before the interview, and the morning of the interview. I did not want to risk being late because of the traffic or oversleeping and not showing up.

5. My case wasn't approved the day of the interview, as the KCC file was still pending. The IO told me that the DV fee payment receipt is very important. So make sure you get it from KCC and take it to your interview.

6. Using money orders than Credit cards or checks to pay for the DV fee and AOS fee was helpful. I think they are quickly cashed than the rest of the forms of payment. Since you can track USPS money orders, i strongly recommend it. A day saved in the process goes a long way to help speed up your case.

Thank you Mom for creating this thread, and for the time you put in to help others. May God reward you in return.
Congratulations

I forgot to add this.

7. When you do your medicals, please make sure that you get to see the completed 1-693 form before it gets sealed. You can ask for an electronic copy to double check if all is clear.
I insisted to see my electronic copy and good enough, there was one part that hadn't been marked. [ whole form would have been incomplete]. The CS has to unseal, and re-do that part, and re-seal. We were both happy that the error was caught in time.

I forgot to add this.

7. When you do your medicals, please make sure that you get to see the completed 1-693 form before it gets sealed. You can ask for an electronic copy to double check if all is clear.
I insisted to see my electronic copy and good enough, there was one part that hadn't been marked. [ whole form would have been incomplete]. The CS has to unseal, and re-do that part, and re-seal. We were both happy that the error was caught in time.
Nope, not just "you can ask for an electronic copy" - insist on being given a copy of the completed I693 for your personal records. You have the right to get a copy of the medical form!

Nope, not just "you can ask for an electronic copy" - insist on being given a copy of the completed I693 for your personal records. You have the right to get a copy of the medical form!
Yes. See the exact completed copy BEFORE it gets sealed. They had sealed in my absentia because we had to wait on Lab results for days. After the error was discovered from the copy, i got to see the exact form before re-sealing.

Hello I am 2022SA13XX decided to do AOS, my f1 visa expired the 06/23/22 and I have this question:

1. What happened if I filled OPT after I filled the form i485? I will try to file the OPT before been current but I will graduate on May and probably be CN on march.

my f1 visa expired the 06/23/22
The expiration date of visa is irrelevant, you need to check the program end date on your I-20.

You can apply for OPT from 90 days before your end date until 60 days after your end date. You need to request an updated I-20 with OPT recommendation from your DSO.

OPT and AOS process are not known to affect teach other.

The expiration date of visa is irrelevant, you need to check the program end date on your I-20.

You can apply for OPT from 90 days before your end date until 60 days after your end date. You need to request an updated I-20 with OPT recommendation from your DSO.

OPT and AOS process are not known to affect teach other.
Thanks, I think its better for me to graduate as soon as posible so I can apply this December for the OPT and be more secure for the filling of form i485 on March/April

Do we have an example of a DV administrative fee payment receipt? I received mine and I am a bit confused about whether it is sufficient or not. My receipt is just an original printout which I sent to KCC with case number, name and etc and it has a stamp on it "Paid" with a signature. Is it enough?

Do we have an example of a DV administrative fee payment receipt? I received mine and I am a bit confused about whether it is sufficient or not. My receipt is just an original printout which I sent to KCC with case number, name and etc and it has a stamp on it "Paid" with a signature. Is it enough?
Yes, that is the receipt.

Thanks, I think its better for me to graduate as soon as posible so I can apply this December for the OPT and be more secure for the filling of form i485 on March/April
I'm not sure how these two are related but good luck with both applications.

Effective Oct. 1, 2021, applicants subject to the immigration medical examination must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the civil surgeon can complete an immigration medical examination and sign Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. This guidance applies prospectively to Form I-693 signed by civil surgeons on or after Oct. 1, 2021.

uscis.gov/news/alerts/covid-19-vaccination-required-for-immigration-medical-examinations

Effective Oct. 1, 2021, applicants subject to the immigration medical examination must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the civil surgeon can complete an immigration medical examination and sign Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. This guidance applies prospectively to Form I-693 signed by civil surgeons on or after Oct. 1, 2021.
Is the form still the same and we need just to show our COVID vaccination cards?
Or they'll update the form soon?

BTW, since you need a valid status to adjust from, if you graduate you can't apply for AOS after your current status expires until your OPT application is approved. So although you can lawfully stay in US while your current status has ended and your OPT is pending, you can't file a new AOS application until your pending application is approved.

@Sm1smom I understand that you can fill form I-765 (for OPT) from 90 days before until 60 days after the end date of your program on your form I-20. Does the same apply to form I-485 as well, i.e can one fill form I-485 until 60 days after the end date of the study program?