• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi all,

My wife, who is DV2022 Winner (AS24XXX) and currently on L2 Visa. I have some questions while preparing the documents for AOS package. They are as below:

1) She does not have W2 or pay stub since she has not worked in the US. However, in my Form 1040 & IRS Tax Transcripts, I do have her name included. Is this sufficient for Evidence of Financial Support? Or does she need to get Form I-134?
2) She has two Form I-765 submitted before for EAD application (2018 & 2021) and currently has her EAD active till 2023. Does she still need to put in a new Form I-765 in the AOS pacakage?
3) We have received multiple I-797C since we entered in 2018. Do we include all of them into the AOS Package?

Thank you everyone in advance and merry xmas!

There is a delicate thin line between case front loading and providing unsolicited information which more often than not creates more issues and may sometimes lead to a case denial. Having a good understanding of the type of application being filed is a starting point for figuring out if the unsolicited information being provided could positively or negatively impact the application.

For instance, including evidence (such as pictures with notes of where they were taken, travel itineraries, boarding passes, etc) aimed at demonstrating an existing or ongoing relationship in an AOS package is expected and makes sense for a family based AOS filing, definitely not so for a DV based AOS filing. For DV based AOS applications, those are additional documents one may take along to their interview as part of being prepared should questions about the relationship be asked. Same logic applies to not including copies of educational documents in the name of front loading in a family based AOS application.
Thank you Sm1smom. That was very helpful. You are showing different sides that I never ever even imagined of. Merry Christmas.

Hi all,

My wife, who is DV2022 Winner (AS24XXX) and currently on L2 Visa. I have some questions while preparing the documents for AOS package. They are as below:

1) She does not have W2 or pay stub since she has not worked in the US. However, in my Form 1040 & IRS Tax Transcripts, I do have her name included. Is this sufficient for Evidence of Financial Support? Or does she need to get Form I-134?
2) She has two Form I-765 submitted before for EAD application (2018 & 2021) and currently has her EAD active till 2023. Does she still need to put in a new Form I-765 in the AOS pacakage?
3) We have received multiple I-797C since we entered in 2018. Do we include all of them into the AOS Package?

Thank you everyone in advance and merry xmas!
1. She doesn’t need an I-134, your income will be considered as jointly earned.
2. She doesn’t “need” but can apply for it if she wants.
3. AOS Process Spreadsheet says: “I-797 Notice of Action – For current and past Visa Status (If applicable) - Photocopy Only”

Thank you Sm1smom. That was very helpful. You are showing different sides that I never ever even imagined of. Merry Christmas.
I’m showing different sides? Not sure I quite understand what that means. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

1. She doesn’t need an I-134, your income will be considered as jointly earned.
2. She doesn’t “need” but can apply for it if she wants.
3. AOS Process Spreadsheet says: “I-797 Notice of Action – For current and past Visa Status (If applicable) - Photocopy Only”
Thank you for your quick response!

Hello, guys!

My sponsor is filling out form I-134 for me. There is a question "I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named above". Could you, please, explain to both of us which option is more preferable? Because my sponsor is ready to support me as much as he can and I have no idea how to specify it. I've read that it is totally fine if he marks "do not intend to make specific contribution" because it means that he still will help but with no specification and at the same time I've read that it is not a good thing to mark "do not intend" because it seems that he doesn't plan to help.

Also I have from my sponsor his the most recent W2, pay slips and letter from his work. Should I put it all in my application with I-134?

Thank you very much for your response and happy holidays to everyone! :)

Hi all!

quick question,

1. for form I-134, do we need to include a copy of government ID of the sponcer with it. I'm asking because in the spread sheet it says " include copies of ........ and government ID of whoever is filling out form I-134 for you" but noting was mentioned about government issued id's on the instruction set pf I-134

2. certified translation of my birth certificate is double sided document and the paper size is also 8.5 x 14 inches and not is standered letter size. What would be the best option to send, a single side copy of the certified translation printed on letter size papers or the original certificate itself? here (https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-filing-tips) it says to avoid oversized documentation and sublit only single sided supporting documents.

Thank you in advance and Happy holidays everyone!

Had an interview today at San Jose Field Office.

Waited for around 20 minutes to get invited to the small room. We were asked to swear that we're going to tell the truth and only the truth. Then he asked our full names and dates of birth. The next questions were just about the form. Do you still live at...? Do you still work at...? The same was about the security questions, answered all NOs besides the single question I had to put YES. After that, we signed our forms and we were told that there is no decision today, but everything looks good and it must be approved in a week. We were handed an interview results notice that some more processing is required.

So, waiting for the final approval.

P.S. Nothing was asked about early filing we did

Hi all!

quick question,

1. for form I-134, do we need to include a copy of government ID of the sponcer with it. I'm asking because in the spread sheet it says " include copies of ........ and government ID of whoever is filling out form I-134 for you" but noting was mentioned about government issued id's on the instruction set pf I-134

2. certified translation of my birth certificate is double sided document and the paper size is also 8.5 x 14 inches and not is standered letter size. What would be the best option to send, a single side copy of the certified translation printed on letter size papers or the original certificate itself? here (https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-filing-tips) it says to avoid oversized documentation and sublit only single sided supporting documents.

2. I have a 2-sided birth certificate and I sent a copy on 2 pages. I wouldn't recommend to send an original.

Had an interview today at San Jose Field Office.

Waited for around 20 minutes to get invited to the small room. We were asked to swear that we're going to tell the truth and only the truth. Then he asked our full names and dates of birth. The next questions were just about the form. Do you still live at...? Do you still work at...? The same was about the security questions, answered all NOs besides the single question I had to put YES. After that, we signed our forms and we were told that there is no decision today, but everything looks good and it must be approved in a week. We were handed an interview results notice that some more processing is required.

So, waiting for the final approval.

P.S. Nothing was asked about early filing we did
Just got an update: New Card is Being Produced

Thank you all for the support during the process. Really the best supporting community I've ever seen

Hello, guys!

My sponsor is filling out form I-134 for me. There is a question "I intend/do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named above". Could you, please, explain to both of us which option is more preferable? Because my sponsor is ready to support me as much as he can and I have no idea how to specify it. I've read that it is totally fine if he marks "do not intend to make specific contribution" because it means that he still will help but with no specification and at the same time I've read that it is not a good thing to mark "do not intend" because it seems that he doesn't plan to help.

Also I have from my sponsor his the most recent W2, pay slips and letter from his work. Should I put it all in my application with I-134?

Thank you very much for your response and happy holidays to everyone! :)
1. “I intend to …” indicates the sponsor is restricting/limiting their support/sponsorship to certain things which they must list out if selecting that option. “ I do not intend to …” indicates the sponsor is not limiting/restricting the sponsorship/support they’re willing to provide should the need arise. There’s no such thing as “the preferable option”. The sponsor indicates which option they're more comfortable going with.
2. Yes, make sure you have copies of those on hand also for your interview.

Hi all!

quick question,

1. It is recommended, that is why it is listed on the the spreadsheet. You can decide if you wish to include it or not.
2. Option a: obtain a new single sided translation.
Option b: Photocopy what you currently have single-side on a letter-sized paper by using the size reduction option on the photocopier.

I’m showing different sides? Not sure I quite understand what that means. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and yours too.
Well, what I mean is that for instance I also thought it is needed to supply all of the documents as evidence, and now I understand how it works. That is a side I have never looked at, if I so interpreted. That is why I thanked you. I am thankful to the community too.

Hello everyone, just joined the group. Happy Festive season! I am an international sophomore student on F1 status doing AOS after I got lucky in the DV lottery and my parents pay my full college tuition fee and on campus residence and meal plans / private Health insurance which is a whopping amount of approx usd 70K pa. I also have a bank account in my name with an average balance of approx USD 5 K all through the year for my out of pocket expenses ( ubering and stuff) , which my parents transfer money into from time to time. We know no sponsor here to do the I-134 . Do I risk lacking enough financial support evidence and being rejected on Public charge grounds? Being a soph and on F-1, I have no job as of now. Should I ask my parents to transfer more funds into my bank account ? How to avoid this lack of Financial support / no sponsor risk . How do I prove I will not be a Public charge ? Pls advice.