• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello everyone, just joined the group. Happy Festive season! I am an international sophomore student on F1 status doing AOS after I got lucky in the DV lottery and my parents pay my full college tuition fee and on campus residence and meal plans / private Health insurance which is a whopping amount of approx usd 70K pa. I also have a bank account in my name with an average balance of approx USD 5 K all through the year for my out of pocket expenses ( ubering and stuff) , which my parents transfer money into from time to time. We know no sponsor here to do the I-134 . Do I risk lacking enough financial support evidence and being rejected on Public charge grounds? Being a soph and on F-1, I have no job as of now. Should I ask my parents to transfer more funds into my bank account ? How to avoid this lack of Financial support / no sponsor risk . How do I prove I will not be a Public charge ? Pls advice.
I don’t think anyone here can tell you with certainty if you will be okay or not without your being able to demonstrate an on-going income, or having a substantial amount in your account, or having an I-134. There have been selectees previously in F1 status who successfully completed the AOS process without being asked to present financial evidence, and they’re have been some who were specifically asked to present the I-134.
Yes, you may ask your parents to transfer more funds to your bank account. However, if you’re going that route, make sure the amount is substantial enough and you’re not waiting until just before your interview to do so. Your parents should also write a note/letter indicating the sudden dump of money in your account is from them and is a gift which they do not expect you to pay back.

Thankyou so much for your guidance Super Moderator. My parents will be happy to do so . I am an EU citizen and my parents should be able to transfer the funds as a Gift. Thx a ton! Wishing everyone a very blessed , happy and healthy new year 2022!

Hi Super Moderator,
Can you please also suggest a minimum amount which my parents should consider transferring into my bank account alongwith a letter mentioning it as a Gift for USCIS authorities to not worry about me ever becoming a Public charge since I do not ever need to be one . I am single and a sophomore for now and should graduate in 2023 /24. Thx for your guidance as it would help plan and inform my parents .

Hi Super Moderator,
Can you please also suggest a minimum amount which my parents should consider transferring into my bank account alongwith a letter mentioning it as a Gift for USCIS authorities to not worry about me ever becoming a Public charge since I do not ever need to be one . I am single and a sophomore for now and should graduate in 2023 /24. Thx for your guidance as it would help plan and inform my parents .
That I cannot do, unfortunately, I can’t provide you with a specific figure/amount. You and your parents will need to use your discretions in determining whatever significant amount they wish to gift you with.

Hello everyone, one question.

I was going over my NOA and Biometrics and noticed that the USCIS Alien Number on the top right of both letters does not match the USCIS# from my current EAD card which is the number I wrote on the I-485, are these two different things?

Thank you.

Best,

Leo

Hello everyone, one question.

I was going over my NOA and Biometrics and noticed that the USCIS Alien Number on the top right of both letters does not match the USCIS# from my current EAD card which is the number I wrote on the I-485, are these two different things?

Thank you.

Best,

Leo
Not a problem, that is normal. The previous A# is tied to your NI status. You get issued with a new A# based on immigrant petition/as an immigrant.

Hello Everyone,

First post! Thanks in advance for your help.

I won the 2022 Diversity Visa Lottery and submitted the DS-260 early (didn't know about the immigration intent - very much regret it now since my number is in the mid-range (1500+) but no going back now).

I am living in the US at the moment so want to go down the AOS route. I have reviewed the excel sheet with the process and have a few questions.

1. I am 99% certain I selected AOS when submitting the DS-260 but cannot find confirmation of this anywhere
2. I submitted the DS-260 in July but have still not received the 2NL. I, unfortunately, get a lot of spam which is automatically deleted permanently so if it went to spam it's long gone. Any advice on this?

Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

First post! Thanks in advance for your help.

I won the 2022 Diversity Visa Lottery and submitted the DS-260 early (didn't know about the immigration intent - very much regret it now since my number is in the mid-range (1500+) but no going back now).

I am living in the US at the moment so want to go down the AOS route. I have reviewed the excel sheet with the process and have a few questions.

1. I am 99% certain I selected AOS when submitting the DS-260 but cannot find confirmation of this anywhere
2. I submitted the DS-260 in July but have still not received the 2NL. I, unfortunately, get a lot of spam which is automatically deleted permanently so if it went to spam it's long gone. Any advice on this?

Thank you!
1. The first page of your DS260 is where you get to see if you selected AOS or CP. If the form shows an embassy, it means you selected CP.
2. Nothing can be done if KCC already sent you the 2NL (for AOS) and it has been auto deleted from your spam box (assuming it went in there)

1. The first page of your DS260 is where you get to see if you selected AOS or CP. If the form shows an embassy, it means you selected CP.
2. Nothing can be done if KCC already sent you the 2NL (for AOS) and it has been auto deleted from your spam box (assuming it went in there)
I can't seem to find anything filled out on the DS260 form. In the header, it does say "Consular Electronic Application Center - Print Application". Does this mean I selected CP? Do you have an excel sheet with the steps for this selection?

I'm a little concerned with my selection since I'm living in the US. Seems I should have done the AOS. It's too late to change, correct?

I can't seem to find anything filled out on the DS260 form. In the header, it does say "Consular Electronic Application Center - Print Application". Does this mean I selected CP? Do you have an excel sheet with the steps for this selection?

I'm a little concerned with my selection since I'm living in the US. Seems I should have done the AOS. It's too late to change, correct?
I found the DV 2022 CP Timeline doc, though I am still very confused about what I selected - AOS or CP. It seems everyone for CP has already selected a country for their interview but I cannot find my interview location.

I didn’t say the header section. Again, take another look at the first page, you’ll be able to see somewhere there what you selected when you submitted the form. If the interview location is not listed on the first page, it will be on the second page then. And I already explained what you will see if you selected CP.

I didn’t say the header section. Again, take another look at the first page, you’ll be able to see somewhere there what you selected when you submitted the form. If the interview location is not listed on the first page, it will be on the second page then. And I already explained what you will see if you selected CP.
I'm sorry, I was looking at the printout but it didn't have that information. After visiting the application portal I see that I did choose the following option:

Do you want to adjust status without leaving the United States?

Selected answer: Yes, send my case to USCIS.

Do you happen to know which email the 2NL would be coming from? I understand you might not have this info and will email to see if they can resend. Fingers and toes crossed!

Thank you for your help!

I'm sorry, I was looking at the printout but it didn't have that information. After visiting the application portal I see that I did choose the following option:

Do you want to adjust status without leaving the United States?

Selected answer: Yes, send my case to USCIS.

Do you happen to know which email the 2NL would be coming from? I understand you might not have this info and will email to see if they can resend. Fingers and toes crossed!

Thank you for your help!
Disregard the message above! I Googled and can confirm that I did not receive the email. It may be because my case number is not current. I will call next week to ask them. Thank you again for your assistance!

Hi all, I am a DV winner with case number nearly 2022AS16***, may I know if my case number consider in safe or risky zone for ASIA. Thanks in advance.

Hey Everyone! Happy New Year! As I was reading through the AOS spreadsheet, under evidence of financial support I see bank stmts, pay stmts, W-2s and IRS tax transcripts listed. However, when I read the i-485 instructions file, none of the documents listed in the spreadsheet are listed. Are all of those documents recommend or are we safe if we pick and add any combination of files to our package from the list? Thanks.

Hey Everyone! Happy New Year! As I was reading through the AOS spreadsheet, under evidence of financial support I see bank stmts, pay stmts, W-2s and IRS tax transcripts listed. However, when I read the i-485 instructions file, none of the documents listed in the spreadsheet are listed. Are all of those documents recommend or are we safe if we pick and add any combination of files to our package from the list? Thanks.
Answered back in October here and here when you asked a similar question.

Disregard the message above! I Googled and can confirm that I did not receive the email. It may be because my case number is not current. I will call next week to ask them. Thank you again for your assistance!
I submitted my DS-260 in May, received 2NL in September, my case became current in December. The email came from KCCDV@state.gov, so I'd double-check if I was you.