• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I actually emailed KCC on November 16 and I got a response on November 18 stating that they will forward my email to the appropriate department. However, I haven't heard anything back? What if I don't get any response at all. What should I do?
They actually emailed me back with a receipt within 24 hours, idk about your case though. You can send another follow-up email and wait for a couple more days. The worst-case scenario will be to send another payment(there could be better options which I don't know). Anyway, go through this forum again, there could be some important suggestions since this is not a new case.

I actually emailed KCC on November 16 and I got a response on November 18 stating that they will forward my email to the appropriate department. However, I haven't heard anything back? What if I don't get any response at all. What should I do?
Send a fresh (new) email to KCC. Don’t refer to the old correspondence. Basically tell them you haven’t received your payment receipt and request they send you a copy by email. Provide information as to when the payment was received/sent in and cashed.

Hi all,

1. Is medical exam mandatory? Or there applications went successful without it?

2. Can we send medical exam later or bring it to interview? Will it negatively impact on my application?

3. Were there cases when green card was approved without interview?

Hi all,

2. Can we send medical exam later or bring it to interview? Will it negatively impact on my application?

These questions are answered on the AOS Process Spreadsheet.

1, Medical exam is mandatory.

2. I believe the answer to this is yes.

3. Refer to the AOS Timeline tab, there are many cases for the last few years that you can take a look at and use as reference.

Hi all,

Yes the exam is mandatory. It's not mandatory to include it with your application - you can bring it to the interview. But then there will be no chance that you will be approved without an interview. Whereas if you include the medical exam with your application, you could be approved without an interview. They approve a few without interviews most years as the deadline approaches, but only those cases that have everything they need.

have you seen this news? Does it apply to AOS dv lottery? Or only consular

couldn’t insert link, just a screenshot

Attachments

• 61BC9F20-315D-487B-8DEC-8912D6B00054.png
    61BC9F20-315D-487B-8DEC-8912D6B00054.png
    619.3 KB · Views: 38

That doesn't affect AOS. That announcement is only for people who are submitting their documents to KCC. Since AOS is handled by USCIS, it won't be affected at all.

Continue to follow the guidelines in the spreadsheet and keep an eye on USCIS updates for AOS procedures.

Here is news that is affecting AOS:

Update: Just received my receipt no. (text) from USCIS. The case was filed to Phoenix Lockbox and it took 27 days. So, apparently, the Chicago lockbox is way faster than the Phoenix lockbox.
Do update the AOS Timeline spreadsheet if you haven’t done so already, the information is a lot more useful there.

Hello all, I'm F1 student and came to US Aug 2019, and did 2019 tax work on turbo and received checks from government, but I filled non-residence for the following years after that. How bad it is?
Tnx in adv

Hey All,
I am wondering if the I-94 can prove that the person is still in status as it marks "D/S": duration of Status.
Thank you,

GC

Hey All,
I am wondering if the I-94 can prove that the person is still in status as it marks "D/S": duration of Status.
Thank you,

GC
The I-94 is one of the items that can be used to demonstrate being in status. However, someone who entered the US as a student, got issued with an I-94 that shows D/S and stopped going to school at some point, or undertook unauthorized employment is no longer maintaining their status regardless of the D/S listed on their I-94.

We got an issue I'm not sure how to deal with. I'll appreciate if someone can hint me about it.

The USPS has a feature "Informed delivery" – every morning they send images of mail they are going to deliver that day.
On Monday they sent me images of two letters from USCIS (for me and my wife), but we got just mine. We waited a couple of days (sometimes they deliver a day later) and marked my wife's letter as undelivered on the USPS website. Still nothing.

My letter is a biometric appointment notification, I assume my wife's is the same.

I tried calling the USCIS about it, but couldn't go through the robot – it told that I should wait for 30 business days before filling "Not received" inquiry. The same on the website – it don't sent the form, because 30 business days didn't pass.

What should we do?
Our current plan is to just come together with my appointment notification only and tell that the USPS lost the one for my wife. I worry that it may not work.

Is there a way to notify the USCIS about lost mail before 30 days?

Thank you!

We got an issue I'm not sure how to deal with. I'll appreciate if someone can hint me about it.

The USPS has a feature "Informed delivery" – every morning they send images of mail they are going to deliver that day.
On Monday they sent me images of two letters from USCIS (for me and my wife), but we got just mine. We waited a couple of days (sometimes they deliver a day later) and marked my wife's letter as undelivered on the USPS website. Still nothing.

My letter is a biometric appointment notification, I assume my wife's is the same.

I tried calling the USCIS about it, but couldn't go through the robot – it told that I should wait for 30 business days before filling "Not received" inquiry. The same on the website – it don't sent the form, because 30 business days didn't pass.

What should we do?
Our current plan is to just come together with my appointment notification only and tell that the USPS lost the one for my wife. I worry that it may not work.

Is there a way to notify the USCIS about lost mail before 30 days?

Thank you!
Initiate an online chat with Emma - start by asking to know the bio appointment date for your wife (you'll need to provide the details). Once she tells you the date, let her know you wish to be connected with a live agent (or something along that line) so that the chat gets transferred to a person. Then inform them about the missing bio notice, and if the bio date is just around the corner (depending on the date you were provided with), request for a replacement bio notice (they may be open to sending it by fax or email).

As a last resort, again if the bio is in a couple of days and the bio letter still hasn't shown up, attempt a walk-in at your FO. When you get there, inform the guards about the upcoming bio appointment and the missing bio notice - (you may need to present the Informed Delivery notification showing it was supposed to be delivered and your follow-up attempt at reporting it as undelivered to USPS), do whatever you can to convince them to let you in to obtain a new copy of the bio notice.

Your wife's bio capture will most likely not happen without that notice, showing up with you and only your own notice will not be enough. The technicians need to scan her letter in order to bring up her information.

Last edited:
Initiate an online chat with Emma - start by asking to know the bio appointment date for your wife (you'll need to provide the details). Once she tells you the date, let her know you wish to be connected with a live agent (or something along that line) so that the chat gets transferred to a person. Then inform them about the missing bio notice, and if the bio date is just around the corner (depending on the date you were provided with), request for a replacement bio notice (they may be open to sending it by fax or email).
Thank you! I got through Emma to the Live Agent and he submitted a request to sent the notification within 24 hours by email.
Hope that it'll go through.

My appointment is right after Christmas – on December 27th. If the notification doesn't come, we'll have to visit office early next week as you suggested.

UPDATE: we received the notice by email :)

Last edited: