• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello, @Sm1smom and everyone. It has been 42 days since I took biometrics, and I have not gotten any update from USCIS.
I have already contacted several congresspeople, and one of them responded, "I have contacted the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service regarding your concerns and requested they provide any information that might be helpful."

My questions are:
- Should I request an expedite? I am unsure if it qualifies as a "Clear USCIS error." Should I just be patient for a while?
- If I have not heard back anything from USCIS by the end of September, do I need to consider my case was rejected?
I am in the same situation as you are. what is your Field Office?

I tried to enter the FO, they wont let me. Called the USCIS number numerous times, same answer. At this moment i just dont know what to do.

Hi anyone in Brooklyn FO received GC yet? @Benbob @jason7556
I had interview last week but my case status still haven’t changed since Biometric. I called USCIS yesterday, the agent told me to request an expedite. Anyone know how to do it? Which category should I apply it? @Sm1smom

-Severe financial loss to a company or person,
-Urgent humanitarian reasons,
-Compelling U.S. Government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
-Clear USCIS error.

Thank you so much. Keep fingers crossed everyone, hope we all receive a Green card soon!
Hey! I have no updates since I did bio on 6/28, which was 71 days ago. No interview letter, no nothing.
I am almost giving up at this point......

Hi all!
Need some advice here. I still haven’t had my DV interview. Biometrics is completed but haven’t heard anything else as yet. Should I put in an expedite request?
Thankyou

Hi all!
Need some advice here. I still haven’t had my DV interview. Biometrics is completed but haven’t heard anything else as yet. Should I put in an expedite request?
Thankyou
What have you done so far to follow up your case?

Also, Please add your timeline to the spreadsheet so people can better assist you.

@Sm1smom and everyone, I just added my timeline to the spreadsheet in row 163 (at the very bottom). I would very much appreciate getting any advice considering my situation below.

It has been 43 days since I took biometrics, and I have not gotten any update from USCIS.
I have already contacted several congresspeople, and one of them responded, "I have contacted the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service regarding your concerns and requested they provide any information that might be helpful."

My questions are:
- Should I request an expedite? I am unsure if it qualifies as a "Clear USCIS error." Should I just be patient for a while?
- If I have not heard back anything from USCIS by the end of September, do I need to consider my case was rejected?

@Sm1smom and everyone, I just added my timeline to the spreadsheet in row 163 (at the very bottom). I would very much appreciate getting any advice considering my situation below.

It has been 43 days since I took biometrics, and I have not gotten any update from USCIS.

My questions are:
- What have you done so far to follow up your case?
- Yes.

My questions are:
Thanks for adding your storyline to the Timeline spreadsheet. Your FO seems to be one of those that takes a while to schedule the interview going by the 2 cases from DV2021 set. One of those was actually originally requested to attend the interview on Oct. 1st, this person had to frantically reach out to them to explain the consequence of interviewing on Oct 1st, before they changed the date to Sept. 29th (talk about close call!).

1. Yes, at this point, I think you need to start making calls to request an expedite. The case obviously does not qualify for an expedite based on "Clear USCIS Error" as you do not have any USCIS issued documented you can point to with regards to the error (two other fellow selectees who reported selecting this option were required to provide documentation to such effect, and I do not believe they were able to). Tell the USCIS agents you're dealing with a sunset clause situation - your case needs to be approved on or before the EOD 9/30th.
2. Yes, if the case will be subsequently denied if not approved by Sept. 30th.

Two other steps you can take at this point (long shot in the dark of course):
1. Write a letter to your FO pleading for them to adjudicate/invite you for an interview due to the fast approaching deadline you're faced with.
2. Attempt a walk-in at your FO, plead with the guards to see if they will allow you into the building to speak with an IO.

Hi all!
Thankyou
Add your storyline to the Timeline spreadsheet to help us have a better insight into your case and provide assistance as applicable.

As yet I have not contacted anybody in the USCIS. I will be contacting my local congressman and writing a letter to the FO. Unsure if I should do an expedite request too? I completed biometrics on August 22nd. I also received a RFE letter about my medical (I had completed it but not included in initial packet) I sent those in asap and on August 23rd and said they were working on my case again. I was expecting an interview letter by now.
I will include everything in the spreadsheet as soon as I can.
Thank you all

As yet I have not contacted anybody in the USCIS. I will be contacting my local congressman and writing a letter to the FO. Unsure if I should do an expedite request too? I completed biometrics on August 22nd. I also received a RFE letter about my medical (I had completed it but not included in initial packet) I sent those in asap and on August 23rd and said they were working on my case again. I was expecting an interview letter by now.
I will include everything in the spreadsheet as soon as I can.
Thank you all
Getting an RFE for the medical does indeed show they have been working on your case, Best case outcome they’ve asked for it to be able to waive your interview -

Thanks for adding your storyline to the Timeline spreadsheet. Your FO seems to be one of those that takes a while to schedule the interview going by the 2 cases from DV2021 set. One of those was actually originally requested to attend the interview on Oct. 1st, this person had to frantically reach out to them to explain the consequence of interviewing on Oct 1st, before they changed the date to Sept. 29th (talk about close call!).

1. Yes, at this point, I think you need to start making calls to request an expedite. The case obviously does not qualify for an expedite based on "Clear USCIS Error" as you do not have any USCIS issued documented you can point to with regards to the error (two other fellow selectees who reported selecting this option were required to provide documentation to such effect, and I do not believe they were able to). Tell the USCIS agents you're dealing with a sunset clause situation - your case needs to be approved on or before the EOD 9/30th.
2. Yes, if the case will be subsequently denied if not approved by Sept. 30th.

Two other steps you can take at this point (long shot in the dark of course):
1. Write a letter to your FO pleading for them to adjudicate/invite you for an interview due to the fast approaching deadline you're faced with.
2. Attempt a walk-in at your FO, plead with the guards to see if they will allow you into the building to speak with an IO.
Thank you so much for your response!! That was very helpful. I will do as much as possible I can to expedite the process.

KCC is refusing to transfer my case file to USCIS saying that i only made one DV fee payment instead of 3 . I explained to them that my family is FTJ and gave them proof from DOS website that their DV fees cannot be paid in the US .In addition , I indicated on my DS-260 that they will FTJ. I explained this to them 6 or 7 times . Today, I received another email from them again stating the same the same thing. I am on B1/B2 and i have a lawyer. What should i do?

KCC is refusing to transfer my case file to USCIS saying that i only made one DV fee payment instead of 3 . I explained to them that my family is FTJ and gave them proof from DOS website that their DV fees cannot be paid in the US .In addition , I indicated on my DS-260 that they will FTJ. I explained this to them 6 or 7 times . Today, I received another email from them again stating the same the same thing. I am on B1/B2 and i have a lawyer. What should i do?
DV22 and you need to AOS before the end of this month? When does your B visa i94 expire?

Has your lawyer done anything useful for you?