• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

1. No, it does not imply they've sent your KCC to your FO.
2. Yes, the IO can send your case file directly to the embassy for the FTJ portion without your filing an I-824.
Then, How can i know KCC transferred my case to FO as requested by the IO ? I explained to them in previous emails your quote of DOS about FTJ for Derivatives fee payments overseas..

I initiated an Ombudsman case assistance request two days ago and I am still waiting for a response. Today, a USCIS tier 1 agent confirmed that my application is in New York Field Office since 8/18 and my wife's application is currently in Long Island Field Office! The agent also said it is fine that the applications of a couple are in different Field Offices! Based on your experience, do you think it is possible that our applications get adjudicated at different offices or should they be eventually in a single office? Do we need to send letters to both offices about the separation of the applications and the deadline? Thank you.
Yes, we live together and used the same residential address on our I-485 applications (or any other form).
It is rather weird that the cases got sent to different FOs, I wonder if one of those is still being linked to your approved I-140. Was your wife on the phone with you when you spoke with the rep who confirmed the location of her I-485 application?

Then, How can i know KCC transferred my case to FO as requested by the IO ? I explained to them in previous emails your quote of DOS about FTJ for Derivatives fee payments overseas..
You have no way of knowing, because they no longer confirm if the KCC file got transferred or not. However you can consider the recent response as their acknowledgement of your response to their request for you to either to make the payment for your derivative or explain why only one payment was made.

That is a one of the lazy boiler plate response they sometimes send. I suggest you send another response to the initial email request (without including your previous response or this response you got back from them on the new response you will be sending to them). It isn't unusual to send a couple of response regarding the payment request before they finally correctly acknowledge the response.
I received a better response
“Thank you for your inquiry.
The information you provided will be included in your case file for review.”

I received a better response
“Thank you for your inquiry.
The information you provided will be included in your case file for review.”
Can you pls elaborate what information did you include in your case file to get this response? thank you

You have no way of knowing, because they no longer confirm if the KCC file got transferred or not. However you can consider the recent response as their acknowledgement of your response to their request for you to either to make the payment for your derivative or explain why only one payment was made.
Thank you for the reply. Now, since KCC no longer confirm such info, Can i check with USCIS if they received my case from KCC? if so, How?

Thank you for the reply. Now, since KCC no longer confirm such info, Can i check with USCIS if they received my case from KCC? if so, How?
There’s no way to check, well except if you ask your IO about it when you go for your interview (assuming you’re yet to attend).

There’s no way to check, well except if you ask your IO about it when you go for your interview (assuming you’re yet to attend)
I haven't yet got the interview notice but KCC informed me that USCIS asked them to transfer my case file. So, Is it possible to get an interview notice without FO being able to receive my file from KCC? How long on average does it take FO to process the KCC case file ?

Last edited:
I haven't yet got the interview notice but KCC informed me that USCIS asked them to transfer my case file. So, Is it possible to get an interview notice without FO being able to receive my file from KCC? How long on average does it take FO to process the KCC case file ?
1. Yes it is possible.
2. The review is usually quick, however it depends on how busy the IO is when the KCC file gets received. When the IO does the review depends on the workload he/she is tasked with.

p.s. if add your storyline to the Timeline Spreadsheet, we may have a better idea of your case processing

likely needs to be added to FAQ somewhere
View attachment 3714
Thank you so much. I have updated my timeline.
interview experience: 7/10 good. Arrived at the Tampa FL field office at 12.15 pm (30 mins early) >security check~ 5 mins>pick waiting number and waited in the waiting room for 90 mins!!> got called into an office> took an oath>took a photo and index finger prints>handed in the passport, birth cert, selection notice, drivers license>awkward 15 mins silence as officer types on his PC and occasionally flips through my file that I had submitted to the lockbox> went over all Y/N questions of i-485>made no corrections and we both signed the form>officer asked about my current address, job and marital status> concluded interview ~35 mins from start> officer printed out a document showing my case needed further review>officer dismisses me. I later checked my USCIS account at 8 pm and it showed case approved.

It is rather weird that the cases got sent to different FOs, I wonder if one of those is still being linked to your approved I-140. Was your wife on the phone with you when you spoke with the rep who confirmed the location of her I-485 application?

Since in the NSC-to-NBC transfer letters of both of us the Priority Date box was empty this time, I guess it is not linked to my I-140 application anymore!

No. Two days ago, I called the USCIS and the agent said my case is now in NY FO without giving further information. Today, I chatted with Emma to make sure and get more information. The agent confirmed that my case is in NY FO since 8/18. My wife also both called the USCIS and chatted with Emma live agent for her case separately and she was told that her case is currently in LI FO. Based on all my contacts during the last 5 weeks, it seems that both cases have been transferred from NSC to NBC on 7/29, from NBC to LI FO on 8/4, and for some unknown reasons, only my case, from LI FO to NY FO on 8/18! Thank you as always!

Last edited:
Hey folks.. I was only recently made aware that I was got selected in the DV22 lottery. The letter has been sitting in my inbox for over a year and I didn't realize (I'm kicking myself).

I'm currently present in the US on a single intent work visa (i.e. free trade agreement), and my home country isn't able to schedule my interview. I have to be very careful here because filing the DS260 would immediately violate my work visa. In other words, if I file for an AOS, I HAVE to get the green card otherwise I will face complications extending my visa.

Do you folks here think I stand a chance?

Thank you so much. I have updated my timeline.
interview experience: 7/10 good. Arrived at the Tampa FL field office at 12.15 pm (30 mins early) >security check~ 5 mins>pick waiting number and waited in the waiting room for 90 mins!!> got called into an office> took an oath>took a photo and index finger prints>handed in the passport, birth cert, selection notice, drivers license>awkward 15 mins silence as officer types on his PC and occasionally flips through my file that I had submitted to the lockbox> went over all Y/N questions of i-485>made no corrections and we both signed the form>officer asked about my current address, job and marital status> concluded interview ~35 mins from start> officer printed out a document showing my case needed further review>officer dismisses me. I later checked my USCIS account at 8 pm and it showed case approved.
are you living in Orlando or Tampa coz i see your FO is close to mine .

That explains why the USPS office you visited couldn't find anything. The returned mail would have gone to your lawyer's office, it is the local USPS office close to your lawyer's office that would have been able to help.

And what is your lawyer doing by the way to help you figure out what was returned or why the mail was returned?
My lawyer said, whatever it was, they tends to send it to both addresses i.e., mine and her office's. She also told me if they receive anything they will let me know. However, she asked me to call the USCIS to verify my address on file, which I did and they have the correct address.

After visiting the post office near my house, I even went to the one near my lawyer's office (drove 60 plus miles), they couldn't find anything either.

Meanwhile, I've submitted e-request the same night. But, instead of putting in notice date I've put receive date from receipt notice. Does this going to slow the process ? Also, I can put another request in with correct credentials, but I am worried it might further complicate the search process. I would love to get your input here.

Additionally, I talked to 2 different agents in as many days. The first one couldn't locate my case based on my receipt number so I had to provide my A number. He told me there is nothing in the system. No red flags or anything and states my case is processing normally.

The agent I talked to the following days, mentioned something was returned but couldn't provide me with any details.

And of course I tried to explain the time sensitivity of my case, they were completely unaware and didn't offer a single approach on what I should do.
At this point, what are my possibilities? Should I try to initiate an congressional inquiry or try and talk to the 2nd tier agent?

Hey folks.. I was only recently made aware that I was got selected in the DV22 lottery. The letter has been sitting in my inbox for over a year and I didn't realize (I'm kicking myself).

I'm currently present in the US on a single intent work visa (i.e. free trade agreement), and my home country isn't able to schedule my interview. I have to be very careful here because filing the DS260 would immediately violate my work visa. In other words, if I file for an AOS, I HAVE to get the green card otherwise I will face complications extending my visa.

I’m sorry there’s no gentle way of saying this, you do not stand a chance IMHO. I do not see how you can start and successfully complete a DV based AOS process in the next 19 business days.

My lawyer said, whatever it was, they tends to send it to both addresses i.e., mine and her office's. She also told me if they receive anything they will let me know. However, she asked me to call the USCIS to verify my address on file, which I did and they have the correct address.

After visiting the post office near my house, I even went to the one near my lawyer's office (drove 60 plus miles), they couldn't find anything either.

Meanwhile, I've submitted e-request the same night. But, instead of putting in notice date I've put receive date from receipt notice. Does this going to slow the process ? Also, I can put another request in with correct credentials, but I am worried it might further complicate the search process. I would love to get your input here.

Additionally, I talked to 2 different agents in as many days. The first one couldn't locate my case based on my receipt number so I had to provide my A number. He told me there is nothing in the system. No red flags or anything and states my case is processing normally.

The agent I talked to the following days, mentioned something was returned but couldn't provide me with any details.

And of course I tried to explain the time sensitivity of my case, they were completely unaware and didn't offer a single approach on what I should do.
At this point, what are my possibilities? Should I try to initiate an congressional inquiry or try and talk to the 2nd tier agent?
1. Basically your lawyer is doing nothing to help you figure out what was returned or why it was returned. Their long winded explanation of you receiving a copy of whatever gets sent to them is nothing but self deflection considering you never got sent a copy of your AOS filing receipt from USCIS.
2. I think you should follow your instincts regarding the submission of another request or not - this is also one of the things your lawyer should be helping you out with.
3. Yes, you can initiate a congressional assistance at this point. Yes you can also try a tier 2 agent again in addition to the congressional assistance.

In addition, you can also attempt a walk-in at your FO. There’s no guarantee you’ll be allowed to enter the building without an INFOPASS appointment, but it is worth giving it a shot. Try to plead your case with the guards, explain you have no idea what got sent back and that you think it may be a RFE, failure to respond to it will lead to a denial of your application - show them the update you see on your account. I recall this approach worked for at least two past selectees whose ILs got returned as undeliverable. Fortunately for them, they had signed up for USPS Informed Delivery which showed them the upcoming mail only for the mail to not show up. They showed the guards the Informed Delivery notifications and were subsequently admitted into the building - they got their IL from those visits.

Just out of curiosity, what letter are you referring to? The selection results are made available online.

PS don't kick yourself too hard, I was selected once without success at getting GC too. Keep trying and always be hopeful.

Just out of curiosity, what letter are you referring to? The selection results are made available online.

PS don't kick yourself too hard, I was selected once without success at getting GC too. Keep trying and always be hopeful.
Very encouraging. Was that through AOS or CP at the time?

Hello everyone,

How long should we usually wait till we receive our SSN card? Should we apply for a new one at the social security office or they automatically send a new one to us?