• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Just out of curiosity, what letter are you referring to? The selection results are made available online.

PS don't kick yourself too hard, I was selected once without success at getting GC too. Keep trying and always be hopeful.
Whoa, do you mean you have been selected in DV TWO times? That's close to impossible (or they lied to me in stats class) :)

Hey folks.. I was only recently made aware that I was got selected in the DV22 lottery. The letter has been sitting in my inbox for over a year and I didn't realize (I'm kicking myself).

I'm currently present in the US on a single intent work visa (i.e. free trade agreement), and my home country isn't able to schedule my interview. I have to be very careful here because filing the DS260 would immediately violate my work visa. In other words, if I file for an AOS, I HAVE to get the green card otherwise I will face complications extending my visa.

Do you folks here think I stand a chance?
Seems like you're on an E-3 visa. According to the folks on the forum and my employer's immigration lawyers, applying for a GC will not, in itself, violate the terms of the E-3 non-immigrant intent. This being said, probably too late to apply under DV22.

Hello everyone,

How long should we usually wait till we receive our SSN card? Should we apply for a new one at the social security office or they automatically send a new one to us?
The SSA will automatically send it to you provided you selected the field for receiving a new SSN card on your I-485. I did this and got my new SSN card within two weeks of receiving my green card although they printed it incorrectly as the new one still states that it is "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION". Considering you only need to show your GC as part of your Form I-9 employment verification, it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Last edited:
The SSA will automatically send it to you provided you selected the field for receiving a new SSN card on your I-485. I did this and got my new SSN card within two weeks of receiving my green card although they printed it incorrectly as the new one still states that it is "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION". Considering you only need to show your GC as part of your Form I-9 employment verification, it doesn't matter at the end of the day.
Having a copy of the SSN card without the DHS restrictions listed on it is never a bad idea. God forbid you ever find yourself needing to apply for a new job and for one reason or the other you do not have a valid document on hand for demonstrating your LPR status or US citizenship, having an unrestricted SSN will greatly matter at that point.

Having a copy of the SSN card without the DHS restrictions listed on it is never a bad idea. God forbid you ever find yourself needing to apply for a new job and for one reason or the other you do not have a valid document on hand for demonstrating your LPR status or US citizenship, having an unrestricted SSN will greatly matter at that point.
I'm yet to receive a new SSN, but considering what others got, I likely will receive the same restricted thing. I'm going to be pretty free this coming week, (1) do you think I can just pop in at SSA office and request a new one without waiting?
I also noticed that SSA offers ordering a replacement card online [https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/] - (2) would that work in our cases or do we still need to pay an in-person visit?

Seems like you're on an E-3 visa. According to the folks on the forum and my employer's immigration lawyers, applying for a GC will not, in itself, violate the terms of the E-3 non-immigrant intent. This being said, probably too late to apply under DV22.

They did the same thing with my SSN card as well. :/

Hey all! @m_abdulhafez 's FTJ derivative here. I went for my interview today at the US Embassy in Tokyo.

They took a look at our original marriage certificate, my original birth certificate, financial support documents (mostly bank statements and HR letters), DS-260 confirmation page, and the police certificates. the interviewer was very nice and we mostly casually chatted about the US, but he asked me questions my job and my husband's job, as well as our marriage date. Overall it went smoothly and he said he sees no reason not to approve the visa. He mentioned that the package with my passport should arrive within a week. Fingers crossed! Will update soon.

I do have one question about the GC though. I wonder if there is a way to just have my first and last name on the green card as opposed to my extended first name (which includes my father's name and grandfather's name). Is there a way to do that at this point?

Timeline for reference (copied/updated from @m_abdulhafez 's post)
02/15/2022: Filed DS-260 indicating that I am doing AOS while my wife is doing CP in Tokyo
03/01/2022: AOS package sent
03/15/2022: NOA
04/18/2022: Biometrics
06/08/2022: Congressional inquiry sent , explaining the case with the FTJ and requesting an expedited interview.
06/30/2022: Email from KCC
"KCC has received payment of $330.00 for your case file. You have a case size of 2. Please send the remaining payment or provide a written statement"
Replied and got a same day generic reply about AOS process. Resent email with more clarification.
07/05/2022: Reply from KCC:
"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."
07/06/2022: Called USCIS to request appointment with Tier 2 agent
07/06/2022: Congressman Office received this reply:
Thank you for your inquiry June 8, 2022, regarding (Name) and the application for permanent residence/adjustment of status.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your constituent's case was transferred to the Phoenix Field Office, Phoenix, AZ. The case will be reviewed by an Immigration Services Officer to determine if additional information is needed or if a final adjudication can be reached. Your constituent will be notified by mail once an update is available. Your constituent can check case status on our website at uscis.gov by simply entering the receipt number listed above. Please note we are unable to provide a timeframe for the completion of this process. USCIS is mindful of the inconvenience of this matter and the case will be worked as soon as possible.

07/28/2022: Status on my USCIS changed to New Card Is Being Produced!, also received message about tier 2 agent calling within two business days.
08/01/2022: + Received NOA +Wife called embassy to inform them about case, agent requested that she email over final NOA.
08/02/2022: Original Tier 2 call request was cancelled. Called USCIS again, explained case to Tier 1 agent to request expedited Tier 2 call.
08/04/2022: Mailed out I-824 form and Submitted inquiry to Senator office, called to explain case.
08/05/2022: + Received Green Card. Received Tier 2 call, explained case to agent who forwarded inquiry to FO.
+ Wife received email from embassy Immigrant Visa division to email final NOA, resident card, phone number, address. We added Marriage certificate, Award letter, copy of passport, DS-260 (myself and hers).
08/09/2022: Received email from state department to log into dv website for an update, logging in shows a letter from KCC stating that:
"KCC has completed the processing of the case and forwarded to interviewing office, Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office" and "An appointment has been scheduled for you at the US embassy stated below (Tokyo)" on the 14th of September.
DS-260 page changed to show that case was now at Tokyo. (the interview was made earlier by the embassy)
08/22/2022: Received email from the IV unit of the Embassy in Tokyo that the interview was moved to the 6th of September. They also asked me to submit the paperwork beforehand by post. I sent everything the next day by registered mail.
09/6/2022: Interview at US embassy in Tokyo.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I faced a problem after the interview for both my wife and I.

Briefly explain our background,
I was selected in the DV 2022 lottery. I got married with my wife after applying for DV 2022. We decided to go through the adjustment of status process in the U.S. I have paid the Diversity Visa fee for both of us, but I've not submitted the DS-260.

We filed our I-485 applications to the USCIS in April 2022. We had our interview at the USCIS field office yesterday. The USCIS officer at the interview told me that they have not received my wife's case file from KCC so they are not able to process her application. The officer instructed me to contact KCC to include my wife as a derivative applicant in my case, and to transfer her case file to the USCIS field office, so they may proceed with processing her AOS application. (both of us have gone through the interview process like answering the question of I-485 and signed )

Both of our case status are "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed。".
I've sent the email to KCC yesterday including the content I mentioned above and the supporting documents like DV fee payment receipt ($330*2= $660 for two applicants), our marriage certificate, my DV 2022 selection letter, our I-485 receipt notice, and our interview notice.

I'm not sure how long will I wait for the reply, and wonder if anyone had advice to solve my problem.

Thanks!
Hi, I got same issues as your case. Could you update how your case is going because my status is still the same “ Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed”
Hello everyone,
I faced a problem after the interview for both my wife and I.

Briefly explain our background,
I was selected in the DV 2022 lottery. I got married with my wife after applying for DV 2022. We decided to go through the adjustment of status process in the U.S. I have paid the Diversity Visa fee for both of us, but I've not submitted the DS-260.

We filed our I-485 applications to the USCIS in April 2022. We had our interview at the USCIS field office yesterday. The USCIS officer at the interview told me that they have not received my wife's case file from KCC so they are not able to process her application. The officer instructed me to contact KCC to include my wife as a derivative applicant in my case, and to transfer her case file to the USCIS field office, so they may proceed with processing her AOS application. (both of us have gone through the interview process like answering the question of I-485 and signed )

Both of our case status are "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed。".
I've sent the email to KCC yesterday including the content I mentioned above and the supporting documents like DV fee payment receipt ($330*2= $660 for two applicants), our marriage certificate, my DV 2022 selection letter, our I-485 receipt notice, and our interview notice.

I'm not sure how long will I wait for the reply, and wonder if anyone had advice to solve my problem.

Thanks!

Hi, I got same issues as your case. Could you update how your case is going because my status is still the same “ Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed”
If you had searched the poster’s posts you would have seen the update shortly after that

Below are the updates of our cases,

After we left the field office (first interview), we sent the email to the KCC on 6/22.
KCC replied on 6/26 with the general guidance as same as the contents showed on the official website.
So we decided to fill out the DS-260 on 6/26, and walked-in to the field office on 6/28.

We tried to persuade the officer that we have done everything, and also on the official website
it said "It will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the United States. "
However, the officer still asked us to wait until she received my wife case file from KCC so that she'll continue to process our case.
In order to speed up, we sent the email again on 6/27 to inform KCC about our situation, and ask them to send my wife's case to the field office as soon as possible.
KCC replied us on 6/30 said "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department."
Finally, our case status has changed to "New card is being produced" in the evening on 6/30, and became "Case was approved " at the next day.

Thanks to this forum and mom for all the help and guidance.
Last but not least, I would recommend the lottery winner to fill out the DS-260 for both you and your spouse if decided to get marry after won the lottery!

I'm yet to receive a new SSN, but considering what others got, I likely will receive the same restricted thing. I'm going to be pretty free this coming week, (1) do you think I can just pop in at SSA office and request a new one without waiting?
I also noticed that SSA offers ordering a replacement card online [https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/] - (2) would that work in our cases or do we still need to pay an in-person visit?
Yes you can attempt going in place of waiting. If you’re comfortable mailing in your GC to the SSN office, you may go with the online option (not an option I would be comfortable taking nor recommend)

Hey all! @m_abdulhafez 's FTJ derivative here. I went for my interview today at the US Embassy in Tokyo.

They took a look at our original marriage certificate, my original birth certificate, financial support documents (mostly bank statements and HR letters), DS-260 confirmation page, and the police certificates. the interviewer was very nice and we mostly casually chatted about the US, but he asked me questions my job and my husband's job, as well as our marriage date. Overall it went smoothly and he said he sees no reason not to approve the visa. He mentioned that the package with my passport should arrive within a week. Fingers crossed! Will update soon.

I do have one question about the GC though. I wonder if there is a way to just have my first and last name on the green card as opposed to my extended first name (which includes my father's name and grandfather's name). Is there a way to do that at this point?

Timeline for reference (copied/updated from @m_abdulhafez 's post)
02/15/2022: Filed DS-260 indicating that I am doing AOS while my wife is doing CP in Tokyo
03/01/2022: AOS package sent
03/15/2022: NOA
04/18/2022: Biometrics
06/08/2022: Congressional inquiry sent , explaining the case with the FTJ and requesting an expedited interview.
06/30/2022: Email from KCC
"KCC has received payment of $330.00 for your case file. You have a case size of 2. Please send the remaining payment or provide a written statement"
Replied and got a same day generic reply about AOS process. Resent email with more clarification.
07/05/2022: Reply from KCC:
"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."
07/06/2022: Called USCIS to request appointment with Tier 2 agent
07/06/2022: Congressman Office received this reply:
Thank you for your inquiry June 8, 2022, regarding (Name) and the application for permanent residence/adjustment of status.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your constituent's case was transferred to the Phoenix Field Office, Phoenix, AZ. The case will be reviewed by an Immigration Services Officer to determine if additional information is needed or if a final adjudication can be reached. Your constituent will be notified by mail once an update is available. Your constituent can check case status on our website at uscis.gov by simply entering the receipt number listed above. Please note we are unable to provide a timeframe for the completion of this process. USCIS is mindful of the inconvenience of this matter and the case will be worked as soon as possible.

07/28/2022: Status on my USCIS changed to New Card Is Being Produced!, also received message about tier 2 agent calling within two business days.
08/01/2022: + Received NOA +Wife called embassy to inform them about case, agent requested that she email over final NOA.
08/02/2022: Original Tier 2 call request was cancelled. Called USCIS again, explained case to Tier 1 agent to request expedited Tier 2 call.
08/04/2022: Mailed out I-824 form and Submitted inquiry to Senator office, called to explain case.
08/05/2022: + Received Green Card. Received Tier 2 call, explained case to agent who forwarded inquiry to FO.
+ Wife received email from embassy Immigrant Visa division to email final NOA, resident card, phone number, address. We added Marriage certificate, Award letter, copy of passport, DS-260 (myself and hers).
08/09/2022: Received email from state department to log into dv website for an update, logging in shows a letter from KCC stating that:
"KCC has completed the processing of the case and forwarded to interviewing office, Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office" and "An appointment has been scheduled for you at the US embassy stated below (Tokyo)" on the 14th of September.
DS-260 page changed to show that case was now at Tokyo. (the interview was made earlier by the embassy)
08/22/2022: Received email from the IV unit of the Embassy in Tokyo that the interview was moved to the 6th of September. They also asked me to submit the paperwork beforehand by post. I sent everything the next day by registered mail.
09/6/2022: Interview at US embassy in Tokyo.
Thanks for the update. The GC will be issued based on what you have on your DS260 form which I’m guessing corresponds with your current passport.

Hello everybody I want to take this moment to say thank you for all your participation in this wonderful forum and I wanna thank @ Sm1smom for her incredible support to answer our questions, no matter what your always here for us thank you very much.

Today my CASE APPROVED im so happy I make it before deadline (alhamdullillah) everything went well, smooth and fast since the day I sent the document.

Here is my timeline,

Becoming current in april

I sent my document 07/18

Document Received at Chicago lockbox 07/20

Received NOA 08/02

Received biometric letter 08/11

Biometric walk in 08/24

Received interview letter 09/01

Interview date today 09/06 ---8:00

After a few min (30min) my case change and show it approved.

Hello everybody I want to take this moment to say thank you for all your participation in this wonderful forum and I wanna thank @ Sm1smom for her incredible support to answer our questions, no matter what your always here for us thank you very much.

Today my CASE APPROVED im so happy I make it before deadline (alhamdullillah) everything went well, smooth and fast since the day I sent the document.

Here is my timeline,

I sent my document 07/18

Received NOA 08/02

Biometric walk in 08/24

Congratulations and thanks for the update. Do add your storyline to the Timeline spreadsheet, to help future DV based AOSers.

Hello, @Sm1smom and everyone. It has been 42 days since I took biometrics, and I have not gotten any update from USCIS.
I have already contacted several congresspeople, and one of them responded, "I have contacted the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service regarding your concerns and requested they provide any information that might be helpful."

My questions are:
- Should I request an expedite? I am unsure if it qualifies as a "Clear USCIS error." Should I just be patient for a while?
- If I have not heard back anything from USCIS by the end of September, do I need to consider my case was rejected?

Hello, @Sm1smom and everyone. It has been 42 days since I took biometrics, and I have not gotten any update from USCIS.
I have already contacted several congresspeople, and one of them responded, "I have contacted the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service regarding your concerns and requested they provide any information that might be helpful."

My questions are:
- Should I request an expedite? I am unsure if it qualifies as a "Clear USCIS error." Should I just be patient for a while?
- If I have not heard back anything from USCIS by the end of September, do I need to consider my case was rejected?
You need to add your storyline to the 2022 Timeline spreadsheet in order for me to have a better insight into your case.

Here is my timeline,

I sent my document 07/18

Received NOA 08/02

Biometric walk in 08/24

which FO

Hi all, just wanted to share an update on my case. My DV case has not moved during August. However, the other case I had opened moved very quickly during that month, and actually I got my case approved and received my GC a few days ago. Today, I have seen that the DV case has been closed. Why the DV case not moved at all since April? I do not really know (and I will never know). But, in the end, I assume it does not matter which case progressed and which not, and I am obviously happy with the final outcome. I would like to thank the forum members and specially the moderators for the help that this forum as a whole brings to all of us on this process.