• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thanks for reply
1-How can I add my 2022 Timeline spreadsheet
2-Saudi Arabia
3 - I call USCIS and they sent me an email saying that FO will contact me concerning my case once they have reviewed my inquiry. I also call congress representative a week ago and I submitted a form from them.
You can send an access request directly from the spreadsheet or send me a PM with your email address.

@Sm1smom, I contacted the Senator's office, and yesterday I received this message from the office: "According to USCIS electronic records, this case is currently located within the jurisdiction of the New York Field Office. Your inquiry is being reassigned to our colleagues in that office so that they may assist you."

Today, I contacted the USCIS again, and I was told our applications are in process of transferring from the Long Island Field Office to the New York City Field Office!

I don't know why they have transferred the applications there (which is 1:30 hours drive from where I live), and it seems another user "ChillyPenguin" in this forum had a similar complicated issue in 2018 (i.e., transferring from the Long Island FO to the New York City FO)!

Do you have any advice on what I can do at this time? Thank you for your time.
Oh wow! I'm sorry to learn you got thrown yet another curve ball! It isn't unusual for cases to get transferred from one FO to another to assist with work load, I don't know if that is the reason yours got transferred though.

Did your Senator's office provide you with the contact details of the person their will be transferring your case assist request to? If they did, you might want to give that person a follow-up check by the end of next week. Also did you previously initiate an ombudsman case assistance request? If yes, any update on that?

Hello my Brooklyn FO friends!
anyone received any updates from our incredibly speedy and logical FO?
Hi anyone in Brooklyn FO received GC yet? @Benbob @jason7556
I had interview last week but my case status still haven’t changed since Biometric. I called USCIS yesterday, the agent told me to request an expedite. Anyone know how to do it? Which category should I apply it? @Sm1smom

-Severe financial loss to a company or person,
-Urgent humanitarian reasons,
-Compelling U.S. Government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
-Clear USCIS error.

Thank you so much. Keep fingers crossed everyone, hope we all receive a Green card soon!

Hi anyone in Brooklyn FO received GC yet? @Benbob @jason7556
I had interview last week but my case status still haven’t changed since Biometric. I called USCIS yesterday, the agent told me to request an expedite. Anyone know how to do it? Which category should I apply it? @Sm1smom

-Severe financial loss to a company or person,
-Urgent humanitarian reasons,
-Compelling U.S. Government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
-Clear USCIS error.

Thank you so much. Keep fingers crossed everyone, hope we all receive a Green card soon!
You do not qualify for any of those listed category for an expedite. The agent you spoke with basically told you to file an expedite request in order to get you off the phone. Your interview was on Friday, not even quite a week. You basically need to be patient at this point. Your case will be approved if/when your background check clears (and if there are available visas at that point). The decision cannot be expedited for as long as the background check clearance is still pending.

Providing another update! I called USCIS this morning and the guy on the phone said I could request to expedite and that there was no disadvantage to doing so, if they deny the request nothing happens to my application. I then asked about the tier-2 agent and he said it would take up to 30 days and could unfortunately not mark me as urgent. I said ok after asking again - didn't want to make a fuss. Called later again today and spoke to a lovely lady who put in another request for me after not being able to mark the existing one as urgent. She marked the new one urgent and said they would call Monday!

So I have done the following things:
- Submitted a congressional inquiry
- Submitted a request through the Senator
- Sent a letter to the Chicago Lockbox
- Submitted an expedite request through USCIS under the criteria "USCIS has made an error" or something along those lines
- Have made a request to speak to a tier-2 agent which was marked as urgent, so I'll get the call in 72 hours

If these things don't work I will be reaching out to the FOIA per someone's message above and the USCIS Manhattan Field Office.

Fingers crossed! I appreciate the continued support and recommendations - I believe it will all work out!

Providing another update on my case in case helpful:

- Tier 2 officer from USCIS called, unfortunately, they couldn't do anything and noted that my case has in fact been handed over to the Manhattan FO and is moving forward
- Tier 2 officer also noted that USCIS requires evidence for my expedite request - not sure what I will submit yet as it sounds like I don't really have grounds to do this - any suggestions?
- Tier 2 officer also noted that the Manhattan FO would need to provide a response to the Congressman so it sounds like that is my best bet at this time (trying to get my congressional inquiry looked at asap but it's so difficult getting through on the phone!)
- Does anyone know if you can actually visit the Manhattan FO or Congressional Office for my district? They have addresses for both online but not sure if this is going too crazy?

Very nervous! Sounds like a lot of people had luck with the tier-2 officer but all they did was advise me to wait. Any other recommendations?

Hi guys.

I got approved. I want to say thank you so much to everyone that answered my questions during this whole process. Thank you so much for all your support.
I have a question. They sent me a new SSN with the same SSN. Is it supposed to still be "valid for work only with DHS authorization"? I thought when they sent you a new SSN that it was taken off. The one they sent me is exactly the same as the one I've been having, only that they did not include my middle name.

Thanks

Hi guys.

I got approved. I want to say thank you so much to everyone that answered my questions during this whole process. Thank you so much for all your support.
I have a question. They sent me a new SSN with the same SSN. Is it supposed to still be "valid for work only with DHS authorization"? I thought when they sent you a new SSN that it was taken off. The one they sent me is exactly the same as the one I've been having, only that they did not include my middle name.

Thanks
Congratulations. Can you update your case on the Timeline spreadsheet? You basically didn't bother to update past the filing date.

Thanks for reply
1-How can I add my 2022 Timeline spreadsheet
2-Saudi Arabia
3 - I call USCIS and they sent me an email saying that FO will contact me concerning my case once they have reviewed my inquiry. I also call congress representative a week ago and I submitted a form from them.
So I see from the Timeline spreadsheet you got your NOA on 6/8, which tells me you filed late May I guess? You need to be more specific with the FO with jurisdiction over your case though, there are more than one FOs in New York, so which you do you actually fall under? Not knowing the specific FO make it difficult to compare with other cases and narrow down what the problem could be for you.

Anyway, if you're under New York, NY, seeing as a couple of other cases that filed around the same time (or shortly after you) have already been interviewed and approved (with the exception of @cbs5hiuc whose case is also still pending for some reason I do not understand), my guess is the delay you're facing may be due to a pending background check clearance. You should initiate a congressional case assistance inquiry at this point. You might want to take a look at the FAQ tab/section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet for guidance on how to initiate a congressional case assistance if you do not know how to do that.

Oh wow! I'm sorry to learn you got thrown yet another curve ball! It isn't unusual for cases to get transferred from one FO to another to assist with work load, I don't know if that is the reason yours got transferred though.

Did your Senator's office provide you with the contact details of the person their will be transferring your case assist request to? If they did, you might want to give that person a follow-up check by the end of next week. Also did you previously initiate an ombudsman case assistance request? If yes, any update on that?

The sentence "According to USCIS electronic records, this case is currently located within the jurisdiction of the New York Field Office. Your inquiry is being reassigned to our colleagues in that office so that they may assist you." is actually the response they have received from the USCIS. I can only follow up with the person from the Senator's office who forwarded the USCIS response.

No, I did not initiate an Ombudsman case assistance request after I realized the case was in the local FO, instead, I recently sent a letter to the FO (which it seems hasn't been helpful!). I guess I have to now initiate another Ombudsman case assistance request (after the first request for transferring from NSC to NBC). What should be the request? Do you recommend only mentioning the remaining days to the deadline without mentioning the recent transfer from LI FO to NYC FO? Thank you!

The sentence "According to USCIS electronic records, this case is currently located within the jurisdiction of the New York Field Office. Your inquiry is being reassigned to our colleagues in that office so that they may assist you." is actually the response they have received from the USCIS. I can only follow up with the person from the Senator's office who forwarded the USCIS response.

No, I did not initiate an Ombudsman case assistance request after I realized the case was in the local FO, instead, I recently sent a letter to the FO (which it seems hasn't been helpful!). I guess I have to now initiate another Ombudsman case assistance request (after the first request for transferring from NSC to NBC). What should be the request? Do you recommend only mentioning the remaining days to the deadline without mentioning the recent transfer from LI FO to NYC FO? Thank you!
Focus on the pending IL/case adjudication and the upcoming deadline when you contact the Ombudsman's office. Don't bother bringing up the case transfer from one FO to another FO, I already stated that is not unusual.

MY CASE STATUS AS OF NOW,

Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It​

Contact the USCIS to find out what was returned by the post office as undeliverable and request for it to be re-delivered. You can also visit your closest USPS office right away to see if you can intercept the mail, it is sometimes possible to do so before the mail actually gets sent back even though the status update says it was returned.

Do you have or use USPS Informed Delivery? If you do not, consider signing up for it as it gives you a heads up of what’s coming in the mail, and if the mail ends up not showing up, you can quickly follow up with USCIS before it gets returned.

Contact the USCIS to find out what was returned by the post office as undeliverable and request for it to be re-delivered. You can also visit your closest USPS office right away to see if you can intercept the mail, it is sometimes possible to do so before the mail actually gets sent back even though the status update says it was returned.

Do you have or use USPS Informed Delivery? If you do not, consider signing up for it as it gives you a heads up of what’s coming in the mail, and if the mail ends up not showing up, you can quickly follow up with USCIS before it gets returned.
I do have USPS Informed Delivery, there was nothing. Additionally I just went to the post office, they said they couldn't find anything.
Since I have a legal representation I am guessing it could be in that post office. (close to my attorney's office).
But I did e-request, it says "expect a reply by September 28".

I do have USPS Informed Delivery, there was nothing. Additionally I just went to the post office, they said they couldn't find anything.
Since I have a legal representation I am guessing it could be in that post office. (close to my attorney's office).
But I did e-request, it says "expect a reply by September 28".
Have you received any USCIS mail directly in the post since filing or they've always gone to your lawyer's office? And you shouldn't seat back waiting for the response to the e-request you filed, you may be cutting it close considering you do not know what the notice that got sent back is about. It could be a notice to re-appear for a follow-up interview, and if that was the case, you honestly don't want to miss the appointment, right? Or it could even be a RFE, you don't want to wait until two days before the end of the FY to find out.

Have you received any USCIS mail directly in the post since filing or they've always gone to your lawyer's office? And you shouldn't seat back waiting for the response to the e-request you filed, you may be cutting it close considering you do not know what the notice that got sent back is about. It could be a notice to re-appear for a follow-up interview, and if that was the case, you honestly don't want to miss the appointment, right? Or it could even be a RFE, you don't want to wait until two days before the end of the FY to find out.
My receipt notice and IL were mailed and phoned in, respectively to my attorney. I only receive 1 letter that states "they were able to use previously captured biometrics".
I currently am on a line, trying to talk to somebody at the USCIS.
And I thank you for your reply.