• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Update on RFE
I was compiling the documents for my parents
and my dad wants to wait because he hasn't gotten the new I-765
while my mom got her new I-765
He claimed that it's necessary for the RFE
and the problem is that his I-765 until now it's not updating from the "Application was received" status
He believed that he still got the priority and he will wait until he get his new I-765
I'm very really frustrated and don't want to help them anymore

Update on RFE
I was compiling the documents for my parents
and my dad wants to wait because he hasn't gotten the new I-765
while my mom got her new I-765
He claimed that it's necessary for the RFE
and the problem is that his I-765 until now it's not updating from the "Application was received" status
He believed that he still got the priority and he will wait until he get his new I-765
I'm very really frustrated and don't want to help them anymore
I understand your frustration :) but you honestly can't hands off their case, you understand the process much better than they do, so you just need to be a bit more patient with them.

Help your Dad understand the I-765 is irrelevant to the RFE or subsequent GC approval. Help them understand the NBC is responsible for the I-765 while the FO is responsible for the GC - show them the NBC-LockBox-FO tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet where a breakdown of each organization's role in the entire process is described. And finally, tell him the longer he waits to respond to the RFE, the more difficult he makes it to get approved, if (there is a tiny chance/possibility) the IO is considering approving the case, plus the possibility of visas running out is still real.

I understand your frustration :) but you honestly can't hands off their case, you understand the process much better than they do, so you just need to be a bit more patient with them.

Help your Dad understand the I-765 is irrelevant to the RFE or subsequent GC approval. Help them understand the NBC is responsible for the I-765 while the FO is responsible for the GC - show them the NBC-LockBox-FO tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet where a breakdown of each organization's role in the entire process is described. And finally, tell him the longer he waits to respond to the RFE, the more difficult he makes it to get approved, if (there is a tiny chance/possibility) the IO is considering approving the case, plus the possibility of visas running out is still real.
The RFE would only cover documents required before AOS filing, not now, correct?

I received my welcome letter today but I am still waiting for my card to arrive. I just started my Ph.D this fall and I am planning to drop out of the program. If I go ahead and drop out right now before my card arrives will it affect my status?

I received my welcome letter today but I am still waiting for my card to arrive. I just started my Ph.D this fall and I am planning to drop out of the program. If I go ahead and drop out right now before my card arrives will it affect my status?
I highly recommend you wait until you get the actual GC, which should be in a couple of days, before dropping out of your PhD program.

Hi everyone, I’m new and this is my first post .
Is anyone in my situation doesn’t have interview till now ? I did my bio on july 12 and nothing happened since that. please if anyone have a recommendation what I have to do .
thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

First and foremost, I'd like to thank @Sm1smom and everyone contributed to the forum. Without you, I'll be drown in the process.

After a long and stressful waiting, today we also went to our interview. Contrary to my expectations the interviewer was very aware of the process. (The other interview experience at my FO mentioned that they are only doing 1 dv case per year). The interview took longer than expected, about 1 hour. We don't have any status change or travel history before. He asked nearly everything on I485. Interestingly, he only checked the passports but no other original document we brought.

I was worried about HepB vaccine. Because the new form requires it, but when I call my medical center I learned that the doc who made our exam retired so I wasn't able to get new shot and update the medical form. However, the IO newer asked or mentioned anything about medical exam.

The IO asked about older DV lottery entrances too. I don't remember seeing someone has been asked about this.

I had a job that annual income is lower than 150% but higher than 125% of minimum income required. And I didn't had any sponsors. The IO didn't asked anything about finances.

At the end of our interview, he said he will approve right now because he said "they run out of visas sometimes". I know this may increase the stress level but I think still beneficial because you do your best to be prepared at the interview.

All in all, the IO was very professional and he even made couple small talks through the interview to relax us. Thankfully, we saw "New card being produced" after half an hour.

I hope and pray that the rest of us still struggling get their card as soon as possible.

Hello everyone,

First and foremost, I'd like to thank @Sm1smom and everyone contributed to the forum. Without you, I'll be drown in the process.

After a long and stressful waiting, today we also went to our interview. Contrary to my expectations the interviewer was very aware of the process. (The other interview experience at my FO mentioned that they are only doing 1 dv case per year). The interview took longer than expected, about 1 hour. We don't have any status change or travel history before. He asked nearly everything on I485. Interestingly, he only checked the passports but no other original document we brought.

I was worried about HepB vaccine. Because the new form requires it, but when I call my medical center I learned that the doc who made our exam retired so I wasn't able to get new shot and update the medical form. However, the IO newer asked or mentioned anything about medical exam.

The IO asked about older DV lottery entrances too. I don't remember seeing someone has been asked about this.

I had a job that annual income is lower than 150% but higher than 125% of minimum income required. And I didn't had any sponsors. The IO didn't asked anything about finances.

At the end of our interview, he said he will approve right now because he said "they run out of visas sometimes". I know this may increase the stress level but I think still beneficial because you do your best to be prepared at the interview.

All in all, the IO was very professional and he even made couple small talks through the interview to relax us. Thankfully, we saw "New card being produced" after half an hour.

I hope and pray that the rest of us still struggling get their card as soon as possible.
Congratulations! ‘They run out of visas sometimes’ ? The possibility of running out of visas is still valid? There is around 16k visas left for last week of August and month of September. @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ what do you think? Wouldn’t be enough? My interview will be in first week of September and I’m stressed out…

Congratulations! ‘They run out of visas sometimes’ ? The possibility of running out of visas is still valid? There is around 16k visas left for last week of August and month of September. @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ what do you think? Wouldn’t be enough? My interview will be in first week of September and I’m stressed out…
Nothing further to add to previous discussion about visa numbers here https://forums.immigration.com/threads/september-2022-visa-bulletin.346063/

and all the guy said was “they run out of visas sometimes”. Absolutely factual statement on the face of it. Sometimes, they run out of visas. Did he say they are going to run out by the end of this week? Or at all? No, he’s just being cautious on behalf of those he is interviewing. I hope you all have IOs like that.

Hello everyone,

My man, sincere congratulations! So happy for you - now everyone in our little cohort of pain has graduated :)

Hello everyone,

Congratulations and thanks for the update.

Hi everyone, I’m new and this is my first post .
Is anyone in my situation doesn’t have interview till now ? I did my bio on july 12 and nothing happened since that. please if anyone have a recommendation what I have to do .
thanks in advance
I have no way of knowing if anyone else is in a similar situation such as yourself based on the limited information you’ve provided. You have no history in this forum for me to go by, so to speak. So here’s what I need from you in order for me to have some sort of idea as to what could be the reason for the delay you’re experiencing:
1. Add your case to the 2022 Timeline spreadsheet
2. Which country is your CN chargeable to?
3. Which follow up efforts have you already or previously initiated?

Thanks for reply
1-How can I add my 2022 Timeline spreadsheet
2-Saudi Arabia
3 - I call USCIS and they sent me an email saying that FO will contact me concerning my case once they have reviewed my inquiry. I also call congress representative a week ago and I submitted a form from them.

1. Use the Senator's office this time around.
2. Keep it simple. Focus on the current situation, long overdue IL and the fast approaching FY end (plus the potential for DV based visas to run out before the end of the FY).
3. Susie provided a useful link above. In addition, @esahines provided a direct quote from the USCIS's website itself - here's the link to that (under the "Other Consideration" drop down tab):

4. Another official deadline source is the "Early Filing Memo" which says:
"Since, by statute, DV visas expire at the end of a given fiscal year, a DV adjustment applicant’s Form I-485 (including principals and any of their derivatives) must be adjudicated and approved on or before September 30 of the relevant fiscal year."

@Sm1smom, I contacted the Senator's office, and yesterday I received this message from the office: "According to USCIS electronic records, this case is currently located within the jurisdiction of the New York Field Office. Your inquiry is being reassigned to our colleagues in that office so that they may assist you."

Today, I contacted the USCIS again, and I was told our applications are in process of transferring from the Long Island Field Office to the New York City Field Office!

I don't know why they have transferred the applications there (which is 1:30 hours drive from where I live), and it seems another user "ChillyPenguin" in this forum had a similar complicated issue in 2018 (i.e., transferring from the Long Island FO to the New York City FO)!

Do you have any advice on what I can do at this time? Thank you for your time.