• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi,

At the time of my AOS filing (delivery on 04/20/22), only the 09/13/21 edition of I-693 was available. It expires (03/21/22). Since there was no newer edition, my civil surgeon used this edition. I have the interview on 08/30/22 ,and I didn't receive any RFE, but I saw a post that @slab_ve got an RFE because of the missing hepatitis b vaccine. I saw that on my I693, it is marked as not age appropriate. However, now CDC requires hepatitis b for ages under 59 (I'm 29 years old).
Should I proactively go to my civil surgeon and get the hepatitis b shot and the newer version of I693, or is this change not affecting me because it is already approved by the lockbox?

@lolopolo I think we are in the same boat, did you have to do something like that?

As always, thanks for the help!

Hi,

At the time of my AOS filing (delivery on 04/20/22), only the 09/13/21 edition of I-693 was available. It expires (03/21/22). Since there was no newer edition, my civil surgeon used this edition. I have the interview on 08/30/22 ,and I didn't receive any RFE, but I saw a post that @slab_ve got an RFE because of the missing hepatitis b vaccine. I saw that on my I693, it is marked as not age appropriate. However, now CDC requires hepatitis b for ages under 59 (I'm 29 years old).
Should I proactively go to my civil surgeon and get the hepatitis b shot and the newer version of I693, or is this change not affecting me because it is already approved by the lockbox?

@lolopolo I think we are in the same boat, did you have to do something like that?

The rules in place as at the time of filing is what the IOs usually go by. They do not retroactively apply new rules. If the HepB vaccine requirement was already in place as at the time you sent in your AOS application, getting the shot and going back to your CS for an updated medical report will be well worth it, better to be over prepared at this late stage of the game.

Thanks, Mom! I checked the May 10 version of CDC vaccination requirements (thanks to the Wayback machine). And they only require HepB up until the age of 18, so not applicable to me. Nevertheless, I'll try to pay a visit to the medical center and see if I can get an appointment and get it done.

We lost my wife's old passport (P1) that has her first US visa. She is my derivative. she has two passports after her P1. She has the US visa on the second passport (P2) which expired recently. As we are getting ready for our interview next week, this issue is bugging us a bit. We have the copy of the lost passport (P1), which we have submitted with the I-485 application. What advice do you have for us? Do you think having her P2 and her valid passport be enough?

Thanks
Hey @dan_dv_gc do you mind sharing your interview experience at the Indianapolis FO?

Hi,

I had this exact same concern- I called the doc I had my medical done at and they said they didn’t have any shots but I could get it done anywhere and bring them the paperwork and they’d update my medical report, which I did.

Ultimately I didn’t need it- in my interview the IO actually saw the new sealed medical thing in my papers and asked why I had it and I said I just got the hep b vax updated and she said I didn’t need to worry.
I’m glad I did it because I was definitely worried it may be an issue and wanted to be safe, but my medical was done about a week before the change and I actually filed my package after the change (not noticing that hep b had been added until slab_ve posted about it) so you’re probably fine but if you’re worried it’s not hard to get! I got the shot same day at cvs for free.

Hi,

I had this exact same concern- I called the doc I had my medical done at and they said they didn’t have any shots but I could get it done anywhere and bring them the paperwork and they’d update my medical report, which I did.

Ultimately I didn’t need it- in my interview the IO actually saw the new sealed medical thing in my papers and asked why I had it and I said I just got the hep b vax updated and she said I didn’t need to worry.
I’m glad I did it because I was definitely worried it may be an issue and wanted to be safe, but my medical was done about a week before the change and I actually filed my package after the change (not noticing that hep b had been added until slab_ve posted about it) so you’re probably fine but if you’re worried it’s not hard to get! I got the shot same day at cvs for free.
Oh, you guys are one step ahead! I haven't even noticed that change. That being said, my FO didn't say/ask anything about missing vaccines.

Yay, guys, it's happening! Just got an update that my card is being produced! Holy Moly, even I got a piece. Still can't believe it.

Y'all guys are fantastic and this corner of the forum has been a godsend! Not only did you offer robust and exhaustive information on a seemingly straightforward but in reality very convoluted process, but all the support and cheering along the way from people in the same boat was a lifesaver. Can't thank y'all enough!

Attachments

• approved.png
    approved.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 50
Yay, guys, it's happening! Just got an update that my card is being produced! Holy Moly, even I got a piece. Still can't believe it.

Y'all guys are fantastic and this corner of the forum has been a godsend! Not only did you offer robust and exhaustive information on a seemingly straightforward but in reality very convoluted process, but all the support and cheering along the way from people in the same boat was a lifesaver. Can't thank y'all enough!
Congratulations! You've been following up your case proactively and contributed to the forum so far. Enjoy your new journey.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new status

Congrats! Enjoy your new life!

Congratulations Send some good positive vibes my way. I’m still waiting but very hopeful ☺️☺️

Thanks for the update. Do you mind sharing what the RFE was for?
They asked for proof that they maintained their status in the US since their arrival
They want:
1. Copies of Approval Notice (I-797) for all extensions and change of status
2. A copy of the certificate eligibility for Non-Immigrant (F-1 for student) etc.
3.. A copy of I-94

@Sm1smom
sorry for double post, can I also include the copy of the lawyer's contract as an additional document?
Because I want to write it in the cover letter

Should I send the document separately or everything be in one envelope?
Because my parents received the letter separately

@Sm1smom
sorry for double post, can I also include the copy of the lawyer's contract as an additional document?

1. I honestly don’t see how the lawyer’s contract helps demonstrate your parents did not have a break in status. Of course you can include it if it makes you feel better (even though it is not what the RFE asks for).
2. You can mail the response to the RFEs together in one envelope - just make sure the applicable supporting documents are attached to each RFE cover USCIS sent to each of them.

Last edited:
@Sm1smom

Why would uscis be interested in a lawyer’s contract?