• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Can’t help notice it’s now twice you’ve ducked answering the question about whether or not you’re still within your authorized stay period. Anyway, you have the information you need I guess.
Sorry about that @SusieQQQ, I did not get the sense that you needed an answer since the response given by @Sm1smom and your good self actually addressed in-status and out-of-status scenarios. But to answer your question "I am in status and will remain valid several days after 9/30". I also intend to depart before my i-94 validity expires.

I have traveled on a B1/B2 visa in the last 20 years and never ever violated any of its conditions, except to attempt to AOS this time upon advice from a friend who won DV in 1995 after I entered the US in April. My Mission: To engage with the FBI and other Law enforcement agencies ( I do this every year since 2014, except for 2020 & 2021 due to COVID). I decided that while in the US embarking on such arrangements I will seize the opportunity (as advised by my friend) to also process the DV win via AOS. And this is how I got myself into this seeming "mess".

Frankly, it's a desirable "mess" as it also provided me and my family the opportunity to access this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity; because the US Consulate in my country as at end of July has processed less than 100 cases/selectees out of over 3000 cases/selectees (I don't know if cases/selectees are the appropriate terms to use). It's a sad state of affairs. Most times the truths shared on this forum are not pleasant at all, but I will prefer reading an unpleasant truth to flattery and pampering. Whatever happens...at least I tried. 9/30 2022 will come and go with its own experience for all of us, but life must go on with or without GC. God bless America!

Hi everyone, I just had an interview yesterday morning at New York Field Office. My interview was so quick and straightforward, only 15-20 minutes.

First, I took the oath, then she asked for my ID (New York Driver’s license), then she asked for a current passport, and old passport with US Visa on it. Then she took off my I-94 paper on my old passport to attached with Form I-485. She asked for my original birth certificate and my translated birth certificate.

Then she started with form I-485,
- Verified last name, first name, date of birth
- nationality
- current address
- asked when did I arrived to the United States
- married
- have kid
- asked a bunch of Yes/No questions

Then, I signed on the paper under her name on the form. She didn’t ask me about school or work or any activities at all. She didn’t ask about my parents either. (my dad is US Citizen), kinda wonder why she didn’t ask.

At the end, she told me it will take no later than 120 days to review the case. I received a paper stated that case is being held for review. Then, she told me to started pack stuff and ready to leave. I reminded her about my 1NL DV Notification letter and form I-134 sponsor documents which it requested on the interview letter. She took it and quickly looked at it. She didn’t ask anything about my sponsor documents. Is it normal?

However I did not scan fingerprints and take a photo to confirm my identity before the interview like other people. I asked the interview officer and she said I do not need to. I read in this forum and asked many people who had interview before they all had to do this process. Does anyone have the same experience as me? Will it affect my case? My case still have not change the statue yet. I started to worry about my case, since many people from New York Field Office, their case seem to update status to New Card is being produced within a day or two after the interview.

Ps. I received I-131 and I-765 approval letter a week before the interview date. I received only approval letter, not a card in it. Is it normal? I still haven’t received a card yet.
I’m sorry for a long posted. Thank you in advance!

This is great, please keep us posted after your call with the USCIS Tier 2 agent. What does FOIA do? What information can we request to make public from the USCIS regarding our case?
Nothing in terms of case adjudication. The FOIA request does not go to the FO, the response to it does not come from the FO either.
I am not entirely sure but @lcopp13 mentioned doing this and their case status was updated that day. Guess it could have been a coincidence. Who knows!
Nothing but coincidence.

Hi all!
I had my interview yesterday at 8am, I got there at 7:15 and was checked in by 7:50. IO was super friendly and the interview was very simple - she didn’t ask to see anything other than my passport and California drivers license, asked some i485 questions (name, address, job, parents names, last time entering US, a few yes/no questions), and I signed something.

She then said something like “everything looks great, I’m going to take you back to the waiting room and it’ll take about 10 minutes to process your application”
She came out 10 minutes later with a paper and said something like “this isn’t official so don’t show anyone yet but congratulations” and it said basically “congratulations! Your AOS application has been approved… Your card will arrive within 60 days… congratulations again on becoming a LPR.” And was stamped by the FO director and signed. I have no idea what she meant by this isn’t official..(additionally my first name is spelled wrong on the notice, didn’t realize until I left but not sure if that’s a problem)
I was a little confused as getting on the spot approval didn’t seem common so I asked if she had already requested a visa, to which she said yes!

I left very stoked and shocked.. however my USCIS status changed from fingerprints taken to “interview was completed and case must be reviewed” (around 9:30am) and hasn’t changed since which was confusing.

1. Is the status showing “must be reviewed” not “new card being produced/approved” anything I should be concerned about?

2. Once the IO requests a visa, does it instantly change in the USCIS account or is the case update something that could happen randomly in the days following the approval/visa request? From the speed of some CPO notifications it seems like it happens instantly..

3. Is the approval paper I got something I can trust and not worry about when my case status changes? Or am I still at risk of being denied contingent on visa availability

After @lolopolo ’s post I wonder if she hadn’t actually requested the visa yet and encountered issues with the system, but not sure what the approval notice means in that case or why she said she had requested.

Hello there

I just discovered the forum. I live in Turkey. My wife, the selectee of 2022 diversty, completed her process last month by doing AOS in the USA. For various reasons, we chose to carry out the process from different countries. My interview is now scheduled at the Us Embassy in Turkey on September 9th. However, I have a question. In the appointment letter (sent to my wife’s mail) sent to us for the interview in Turkey, it is written that everyone who wishes to apply for an immigrant visa should appear at the interview. But my wife has already completed the process in the US and got her green card. She is in the US now. Does she need to come to the interview in Turkey with me? If not, wouid it have any adverse effects on my interview?
If there are people who have received their green card from different countries in a similar situation, can they help me in this regard?

Thank you in advance

Hello there

I just discovered the forum. I live in Turkey. My wife, the selectee of 2022 diversty, completed her process last month by doing AOS in the USA. For various reasons, we chose to carry out the process from different countries. My interview is now scheduled at the Us Embassy in Turkey on September 9th. However, I have a question. In the appointment letter (sent to my wife’s mail) sent to us for the interview in Turkey, it is written that everyone who wishes to apply for an immigrant visa should appear at the interview. But my wife has already completed the process in the US and got her green card. She is in the US now. Does she need to come to the interview in Turkey with me? If not, wouid it have any adverse effects on my interview?
If there are people who have received their green card from different countries in a similar situation, can they help me in this regard?

Thank you in advance
No, she doesn’t need a visa as she already has a green card, therefore she doesn’t need to be at the interview. Make sure you have the evidence of her successful completion of the AoS process in order to process your follow to join DV visa.

No, she doesn’t need a visa as she already has a green card, therefore she doesn’t need to be at the interview. Make sure you have the evidence of her successful completion of the AoS process in order to process your follow to join DV visa.
Hello there

Thank you in advance

I’m assuming of course that your wife had informed KCC she was doing AOS. If not, you should probably inform the consulate before you go that she already has her green card and that your interview is a follow to join one.

Thank you for quick answer. Her Green Card copy and I-797 Notice of Action Form are enough evidences? Are there any other documents you can recommend for me to add?

I’m assuming of course that your wife had informed KCC she was doing AOS. If not, you should probably inform the consulate before you go that she already has her green card and that your interview is a follow to join one.
My wife gave information to kcc. I still sent an e-mail to the Ankara embassy 3-4 times to inform, but I did not get a response.
Thank you for quick answer. Her Green Card copy and I-797 Notice of Action Form are enough evidences? Are there any other documents you can recommend for me to add?
Are these enough?

My wife gave information to kcc. I still sent an e-mail to the Ankara embassy 3-4 times to inform, but I did not get a response.

Are these enough?
Take a look at the faq section of the AOS spreadsheet in the first post of this thread and scroll down till you get to the ftj notes. Do you know if your wife asked her interviewing officer to forward her case file to the embassy?

@SomatGiggs - I deleted the attachments you had in two of your posts as they contained personal information. You need to be careful with posting documents containing personal information in public forums.

Hi all!
I had my interview yesterday at 8am, I got there at 7:15 and was checked in by 7:50. IO was super friendly and the interview was very simple - she didn’t ask to see anything other than my passport and California drivers license, asked some i485 questions (name, address, job, parents names, last time entering US, a few yes/no questions), and I signed something.

She then said something like “everything looks great, I’m going to take you back to the waiting room and it’ll take about 10 minutes to process your application”
She came out 10 minutes later with a paper and said something like “this isn’t official so don’t show anyone yet but congratulations” and it said basically “congratulations! Your AOS application has been approved… Your card will arrive within 60 days… congratulations again on becoming a LPR.” And was stamped by the FO director and signed. I have no idea what she meant by this isn’t official..(additionally my first name is spelled wrong on the notice, didn’t realize until I left but not sure if that’s a problem)
I was a little confused as getting on the spot approval didn’t seem common so I asked if she had already requested a visa, to which she said yes!

I left very stoked and shocked.. however my USCIS status changed from fingerprints taken to “interview was completed and case must be reviewed” (around 9:30am) and hasn’t changed since which was confusing.

1. Is the status showing “must be reviewed” not “new card being produced/approved” anything I should be concerned about?

2. Once the IO requests a visa, does it instantly change in the USCIS account or is the case update something that could happen randomly in the days following the approval/visa request? From the speed of some CPO notifications it seems like it happens instantly..

3. Is the approval paper I got something I can trust and not worry about when my case status changes? Or am I still at risk of being denied contingent on visa availability

After @lolopolo ’s post I wonder if she hadn’t actually requested the visa yet and encountered issues with the system, but not sure what the approval notice means in that case or why she said she had requested.
1. While it is good to see the CPO update, the saying “it’s not over until it is over” certainly applies. There should always be concern until the GC itself is received.
2. Visa request is not necessarily he end of the process. Visa could be requested and it turns out there are no more visas available, so it certainly wouldn’t make sense for there to be a status update, nor can there be a CPO in place if they’re still waiting for the visa request to be processed. CPO happens after the visa gets assigned to the case, not when the visa is requested.
3. See 1 above.

1. While it is good to see the CPO update, the saying “it’s not over until it is over” certainly applies. There should always be concern until the GC itself is received.
2. Visa request is not necessarily he end of the process. Visa could be requested and it turns out there are no more visas available, so it certainly wouldn’t make sense for there to be a status update, nor can there be a CPO in place if they’re still waiting for the visa request to be processed. CPO happens after the visa gets assigned to the case, not when the visa is requested.
3. See 1 above.
Thank you for your intel!
Keeping my fingers crossed it’s just because the system was troubled yesterday not that they’re out of visas..

Take a look at the faq section of the AOS spreadsheet in the first post of this thread and scroll down till you get to the ftj notes. Do you know if your wife asked her interviewing officer to forward her case file to the embassy?
Thanks I will check ftj notes.

Actually, my wife did not attend an interview. got his visa without interview. After receiving the visa , we tried to contact kcc and uscis, but we could not get a response. then we were able to contact kcc through a congressman. The congressman told us that he was in contact with KCC to forward the file to Turkey. 3 days later, my wife received an appointment letter.