• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

To work until I receive my GC card. Can I even work based just on AOS approval?
How long do you think it takes to get the GC after the AOS application has been approved? It is roughly two to three weeks just in case you don’t know. The H1B will not be approved anyway, once the system shows your AOS as been approved. You can’t hold a dual status.

Hi @Sm1smom. I had a DS2019 for 2 years and then the university extended me for 3 years more. Same program, same DS2019 same skill list code. Only said, extension an ongoing program. We asked for the advisory opinion because the DS2019 extension was empty. The advisory came with another field code saying subject but is different of what I have in my current DS2019. It is a code that I never had in any of my previuos Ds 2019, however is the same code that my husband had with his j1 short term. Is it possible that they consider me subject , even if I never asked or had a J2 from my husband? Or another possibility, coud The DOS change my field code from my ongoing program? It is so strange that I am overthinking. Thanks a lot, I am little depressed.

Hi @Sm1smom. I had a DS2019 for 2 years and then the university extended me for 3 years more. Same program, same DS2019 same skill list code. Only said, extension an ongoing program. We asked for the advisory opinion because the DS2019 extension was empty. The advisory came with another field code saying subject but is different of what I have in my current DS2019. It is a code that I never had in any of my previuos Ds 2019, however is the same code that my husband had with his j1 short term. Is it possible that they consider me subject , even if I never asked or had a J2 from my husband? Or another possibility, coud The DOS change my field code from my ongoing program? It is so strange that I am overthinking. Thanks a lot, I am little depressed.
My guess is they assumed you had a J2 at one point as a derivative of your husband’s J1.

While front-loading by including the pertinent documents in order to make the approval process is often encouraged, there’s also the need to be aware that doing more doesn’t necessarily lead to making an application more solid. There’s a saying in immigration circle about not providing or volunteering unsolicited information when it comes to immigration as more often than not, doing so tends to create “more” issues/trouble than intended. If your current income as evidenced by your W2 and IRS tax transcript already demonstrates your income is above the applicable PGL level, that is all you FINCEN inclusion is absolutely not necessary IMO.
Hello @Sm1smom and @Blade_ ,

thank you for your answers.

My question about the past Visa was pretty linked to the fact that I have been in the US for more than 15Y, with subsequent Visas.
Now, the I-485 instructions (page 11) asks, in order to prove the continuous lawful status, "Include evidence for every time you entered the United States and for the time periods spent in the United States."
This, I guess, should apply also to DV AOSers, since they do not benefit of the exceptions from 245(k).

Such evidences may be the I-94 records, the stamped pages of the passport, etc.

Now, I am not sure how to prove this requirement, albeit I've always satisfied it.
On one hand I would believe that USCIS already has these information (e.g. the past I-94s, along with entry/exit records).
On my side, the only thing I have are my old passports and Visas, along with the excerpt of the travel history from CBP website (which goes back 10 Y, but does not cover the entire travel history). It would be quite hard to retrieve all past I-94s.

What shall I do? I would like to avoid having a RFE.

Sorry for the length of my question

Thank you

My question about the past Visa was pretty linked to the fact that I have been in the US for more than 15Y, with subsequent Visas.
Now, the I-485 instructions (page 11) asks, in order to prove the continuous lawful status, "Include evidence for every time you entered the United States and for the time periods spent in the United States."
This, I guess, should apply also to DV AOSers, since they do not benefit of the exceptions from 245(k).

Now, I am not sure how to prove this requirement, albeit I've always satisfied it.
On one hand I would believe that USCIS already has these information (e.g. the past I-94s, along with entry/exit records).
On my side, the only thing I have are my old passports and Visas, along with the excerpt of the travel history from CBP website (which goes back 10 Y, but does not cover the entire travel history). It would be quite hard to retrieve all past I-94s.

Thank you
There’s no need to guess, evidence of continuous lawful status is applicable to DV AOSers, this is covered in the AOS Package tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

I'm completing my I-485 form and have a few questions:

1. Q22. Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this passport or travel document (if any)
The visa that I have in my passport relates to visa sponsorship from a prior employer. I have since changed employer through adjustment of status and have not left the country so I don't have a visa stamp relating to my current employer. Should I leave this blank or include the visa number that is in my passport? I assume the latter but wanted to confirm.

2. Q26a. Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record Number
I have a I-94 number from my last arrival in the U.S., as shown on the I-94 Lookup Site (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home). But my latest I-94 is actually on my I797-B form. Which I-94 number should I include in response to qu 26a - the one from the I-94 Lookup Site or the one on my I797-B?

3. Q28. Provide your name exactly as it appears on your Form I-94 (if any).
My spouse's first and middle names are printed on their I-94 without a space in between. Should we have this corrected at a Deferred Inspection Site? If not, should their first and middle name be entered as one word under 28 b. or should their first and middle name be entered in the correct boxes?

And for the AOS packet:
4. Is there any requirement to provide a background check/police clearance from my home country in the AOS packet? I couldn't see anything about this on the spreadsheet, so I assume this is not needed, but I remember reading it at some point, and wanted to check.

Thank you
Adding to what mom said and using my case as an example, I have been in the States since 2014 which was pretty much 8 continuous years.
In my package I included copies of the different visas and legal documentation received since 2014 to prove that I always had continuous lawful status (Maybe I didn't have every single document received but included all I had available)

There’s no need to guess, evidence of continuous lawful status is applicable to DV AOSers, this is covered in the AOS Package tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.
Hi @Sm1smom ,

Yes, I understood.

But what these evidences are?
Visas and what else?
Do the copies of previous passport suffice or something else is needed?

Thank you

Last CN numbers per region
AF - 64000
AS - 32000
EU - 28000
NA - 50
OC - 2600
SA - 3000

Only 3 regions have CN higher 7000 and all of them are current

Some more statistics
Total 129650 winners
53006 winners filled their DS 260
3396 winners - Issued (visa or GC - idk)
1094 winners - Refused
6628 winners have status - Ready, In Transit, Transfer in progress

Data for March 26 2022
Thanks for sharing the stats. Where can we access this info?

Hi @Sm1smom ,

Yes, I understood.

But what these evidences are?
Visas and what else?
Do the copies of previous passport suffice or something else is needed?

Thank you
As already stated, these are all listed on the AOS Package tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet - so check the spreadsheet.

Visa Bulletin (VB). Take a look at the spreadsheet. It's for your own benefit.
Sorry for the confusion - what spreadsheet are you referring to? I was asking about the second part of the message with winners and visa procurement stats. I might be looking in the wrong place but VB seems to have only cut-off information.

Also, a minor question: I got photos from Walgreens and they are meh. So, I did my own and like them better (in terms of following guidelines). Walgreens have some sort of money back guarantee, which is supposed to signify their confidence. On the other hand, $15 back won't make me happier if officials reject the photos. Can I put both sets of photos in the envelope (in case one or another will be rejected)? Tried to use their new photo tool but it didn't work on any of my browsers (I'm always getting "your photo does not need to be cropped")

Also, I saw some ppl inscribed back of their photos with info pertinent to the case (case #, name, etc.). Is it advisable or can lead to disqualification of photos?

Last edited:
I'm completing my I-485 form and have a few questions:

1. Q22. Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this passport or travel document (if any)
The visa that I have in my passport relates to visa sponsorship from a prior employer. I have since changed employer through adjustment of status and have not left the country so I don't have a visa stamp relating to my current employer. Should I leave this blank or include the visa number that is in my passport? I assume the latter but wanted to confirm.

2. Q26a. Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record Number
I have a I-94 number from my last arrival in the U.S., as shown on the I-94 Lookup Site (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home). But my latest I-94 is actually on my I797-B form. Which I-94 number should I include in response to qu 26a - the one from the I-94 Lookup Site or the one on my I797-B?

3. Q28. Provide your name exactly as it appears on your Form I-94 (if any).
My spouse's first and middle names are printed on their I-94 without a space in between. Should we have this corrected at a Deferred Inspection Site? If not, should their first and middle name be entered as one word under 28 b. or should their first and middle name be entered in the correct boxes?

And for the AOS packet:
4. Is there any requirement to provide a background check/police clearance from my home country in the AOS packet? I couldn't see anything about this on the spreadsheet, so I assume this is not needed, but I remember reading it at some point, and wanted to check.
1. Hint provided on the form for questions 18 - 24: “this is about when you last entered the US:” - that tells you the question is not about whether you have a current “visa” tied to your current status or not.

2. Question 26 is also related to when you last entered the US, not the current I-94 that got issued through a change of status (COS), and not adjust of status (AOS) by the way.

3. There’s nothing to correct at a deferred inspection site in this case, this is minor. Use your discretion with listing the name, either way will be fine.

4. PCC is not required for AOS if you’ve never been arrested, charged or convicted.

Sorry for the confusion - what spreadsheet are you referring to? I was asking about the second part of the message with winners and visa procurement stats. I might be looking in the wrong place but VB seems to have only cut-off information.
thanks a lot for @Xarthisius for dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz
take a look at graphs or you can analyze csv files
as previously was mention in this thread would be better to avoid further discussion for VB and cut-offs

I renewed my passport at the end of August 2021, and they gave me 2 extra photos but US sizing. Would there be an issue if i used the ones from 8 months ago.

The I-485 instructions say "You must submit two recent identical color passport-style photographs of yourself.", it doesn't clariy how recent and I don't know if it's any different to the US Passport instructions that say must be within 6 months.

Also, a minor question: I got photos from Walgreens and they are meh. So, I did my own and like them better (in terms of following guidelines). Walgreens have some sort of money back guarantee, which is supposed to signify their confidence. On the other hand, $15 back won't make me happier if officials reject the photos. Can I put both sets of photos in the envelope (in case one or another will be rejected)? Tried to use their new photo tool but it didn't work on any of my browsers (I'm always getting "your photo does not need to be cropped")

Also, I saw some ppl inscribed back of their photos with info pertinent to the case (case #, name, etc.). Is it advisable or can lead to disqualification of photos?
1. My advice is not to overdo things; pick one and submit it.

2. Read I485 instruction:
Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo.

Hi all, appreciate any help
I didn't get from KCC 2NL, so I email them and got
1650301290934.png
looks like my case was updated but response looks weird
Does anyone faced with such response before ?
Can it be considered as 2NL ?

Hello,

I had my interview on March 22nd at the Newark Field Office. The interview went well and the questions asked were pretty straightforward. My IO said she had all the information she needed and will forward my application to DOS and that I will receive my card within 2-3 weeks. She also informed me that I will receive a status update in my USCIS account in a day or two. I received the update the next day stating, "Interview is complete, case must be reviewed" with the instruction that a decision will be mailed to me. It's been 4 weeks now and I haven't received any update or mail yet. I noticed that people who had their interviews recently received their updates within a week or so. I also reviewed past timelines for applicants who interviewed at the same field office and noticed that it took roughly 2-3 weeks, sometimes lesser than that.
a) Is my case a normal situation? b) Should I try to reach out to USCIS or wait a bit? Thank you!