• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I am an F1 student. My case will be current in June. I am planning to do early filing. I have an offer letter for a summer internship for which I will have to apply for a CPT. Do you recommend sending the AOS package only after including the CPT authorized I-20 or I should be fine sending it early before CPT approval? And is there any relation between CPT approval and AOS filing? Thank you.

I am an F1 student. My case will be current in June. I am planning to do early filing. I have an offer letter for a summer internship for which I will have to apply for a CPT. Do you recommend sending the AOS package only after including the CPT authorized I-20 or I should be fine sending it early before CPT approval? And is there any relation between CPT approval and AOS filing? Thank you.
1. While you wait for your CPT approval, you are still on F1 status, as CPT is always before your graduation. So as long as you have a valid status when you submit your package, you are fine.
2. No known relation.

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the timeline.
So, I've sent my AOS package on 4/1, and the money order has been cashed(tracked from the USPS website) on 4/14 like others who listed on the timeline spreadsheet.
However, I didn't receive any acceptance text or email on 4/13, I wonder is that normal?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the timeline.
So, I've sent my AOS package on 4/1, and the money order has been cashed(tracked from the USPS website) on 4/14 like others who listed on the timeline spreadsheet.
However, I didn't receive any acceptance text or email on 4/13, I wonder is that normal?

Thanks!
Have you included Form G-1145 in your package?

I just realized that I didn't include Form G-1145... will that be a problem?
Anything I need to do or just wait for the NOA?

Thanks!
That is the form to receive electronic notification. If you haven't filled, you won't receive a notification. Just wait for your NOA.

Hello, this is again about the AOS procedure. I am the principle applicant and my derivative is already in the US as F1. So I thought he can do AOS. It is unfortunate I have not found Mr. Simon's or this website by the time I submitted our DS-260. I would not have submitted the DS 260 for my derivative if I have found these 2 valuable websites early. I know I messed up by doing so with high CN number. However, I have one question now. My number became current since May.
1. So, if my derivative falls under CSPA does he need to wait till I get my interview at CP first or can he start AOS now?
2. Do we have to write somewhere to know whether he would be eligible to do so?
I am asking because I heard even if our region got current, all depends on DS 260 processing and Consular capacity and consular acceptance rate. If it takes another 2 months he definitely does not fall under CSPA. And also, I heard that a submitted DS-260 affects negatively on future NV. Is there anyway to overcome it when he applies for OPT or postgrad? Appreciate your views and guidance. Thank you

Hello, this is again about the AOS procedure. I am the principle applicant and my derivative is already in the US as F1. So I thought he can do AOS. It is unfortunate I have not found Mr. Simon's or this website by the time I submitted our DS-260. I would not have submitted the DS 260 for my derivative if I have found these 2 valuable websites early. I know I messed up by doing so with high CN number. However, I have one question now. My number became current since May.
1. So, if my derivative falls under CSPA does he need to wait till I get my interview at CP first or can he start AOS now?
2. Do we have to write somewhere to know whether he would be eligible to do so?
I am asking because I heard even if our region got current, all depends on DS 260 processing and Consular capacity and consular acceptance rate. If it takes another 2 months he definitely does not fall under CSPA. And also, I heard that a submitted DS-260 affects negatively on future NV. Is there anyway to overcome it when he applies for OPT or postgrad? Appreciate your views and guidance. Thank you
1. This was answered before. You must complete CP and enter the US first before your son can file for AOS as your derivative.
2. You do not have to write anyone or anywhere.
2b. The demonstrated immigrant intent should not impact OPT or grand school while he remains in the US. The impact of the declared immigrant intent comes into play if he departs from the US and needs to apply for a new NIV from the embassy (outside the US) to enable him return to the US.

Hello @Sm1smom,

I am about to send out the package today, but I would need a couple of info prior submitting

1) Is it required (or does it hurt) to submit also copies of the past expired Visas, along with the current one?
2) For the passport, do they need the biographic/photo/visa pages or they prefer the entire copy of it?
3) For financial support, I am also including the FinCEN form for my foreign assets, along with my W-2 and US financial status. Is that preferred or it is an overkill?
4) Is there a specific order shall I follow for the package (e.g. DV selection docs and then I-1145, I-485 or shall I put the I-485 on top of the application). Does it matter?

Thank you

Hello @Sm1smom,

I am about to send out the package today, but I would need a couple of info prior submitting

1) Is it required (or does it hurt) to submit also copies of the past expired Visas, along with the current one?
2) For the passport, do they need the biographic/photo/visa pages or they prefer the entire copy of it?
3) For financial support, I am also including the FinCEN form for my foreign assets, along with my W-2 and US financial status. Is that preferred or it is an overkill?
4) Is there a specific order shall I follow for the package (e.g. DV selection docs and then I-1145, I-485 or shall I put the I-485 on top of the application). Does it matter?

Thank you
(If I may mom), All these questions are answered in the spreadsheet:

1. It does not hurt and it is not required to.
2. Copy of bio page and the US visa page would suffice.
3. If your W2 does not cover you and your family under poverty chart (which gives a minimum wage per family size), it would help to add your bank accounts. Not sure what FinCEN form is.
4. My suggested way is to put your cover letter, copy of early filling, etc on top, then G1145, I485, etc clipped together. I put photo and check on top of G1145, but under the cover letter. If more than one applicant, put the principle applicant on top.

(If I may mom), All these questions are answered in the spreadsheet:

1. It does not hurt and it is not required to.
2. Copy of bio page and the US visa page would suffice.
3. If your W2 does not cover you and your family under poverty chart (which gives a minimum wage per family size), it would help to add your bank accounts. Not sure what FinCEN form is.
4. My suggested way is to put your cover letter, copy of early filling, etc on top, then G1145, I485, etc clipped together. I put photo and check on top of G1145, but under the cover letter. If more than one applicant, put the principle applicant on top.
Hello @Blade_ ,

the W-2 would be already more than enough. However, I am probably putting more evidences than necessary to make my case more solid.
Not sure if it is the right strategy.
FinCEN Form 114 is a form that goes along with the US Tax Return and substantiate your foreign bank accounts financial standing.
I am including it along with the US bank account statements.

Thank you

Hello @Blade_ ,

the W-2 would be already more than enough. However, I am probably putting more evidences than necessary to make my case more solid.
Not sure if it is the right strategy.
FinCEN Form 114 is a form that goes along with the US Tax Return and substantiate your foreign bank accounts financial standing.
I am including it along with the US bank account statements.

Thank you
While front-loading by including the pertinent documents in order to make the approval process is often encouraged, there’s also the need to be aware that doing more doesn’t necessarily lead to making an application more solid. There’s a saying in immigration circle about not providing or volunteering unsolicited information when it comes to immigration as more often than not, doing so tends to create “more” issues/trouble than intended. If your current income as evidenced by your W2 and IRS tax transcript already demonstrates your income is above the applicable PGL level, that is all you FINCEN inclusion is absolutely not necessary IMO.

Hello everyone. Does USCIS mail NOA letters to both the principal applicant and the derivative? I am asking because I just received the NOA letter for only the principal applicant. Thanks.

Hello everyone. Does USCIS mail NOA letters to both the principal applicant and the derivative? I am asking because I just received the NOA letter for only the principal applicant. Thanks.
Each applicant receives the mailed NOA.

Hi, one question. What is Attn: FBAS in the DV- cover letter?
We are almost there! Thanks!
The address on top of the cover letter is the address USCIS used to provide for lockbox deliveries. But now you have two different lockboxes based on your state of residence. Just put your lockbox address there. It seems that they write it as "Attn: AOS" now.

PS: I think FBAS stood for Family-Based Adj. Status, but that was just the address USCIS provided. Maybe (and I'm just guessing) it was just their way of internal workload distribution to send DV cases to those officers?

Hi, one question. What is Attn: FBAS in the DV- cover letter?
We are almost there! Thanks!
Great observation, good question.

The address on top of the cover letter is the address USCIS used to provide for lockbox deliveries. But now you have two different lockboxes based on your state of residence. Just put your lockbox address there. It seems that they write it as "Attn: AOS" now.

PS: I think FBAS stood for Family-Based Adj. Status, but that was just the address USCIS provided. Maybe (and I'm just guessing) it was just their way of internal workload distribution to send DV cases to those officers?
Fantastic response.