• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I am an F1 student. I have my on-campus job but the pay is only around $5k per year on my w2 and I have a bank balance of around $1000. I also have a job offer letter for an internship in the summer. For the evidence of financial support, I am planning to provide my w2, bank balance, and my job offer letter. Also, I am submitting a sponsor letter from my sponsor with their w2 attached but I might not be able to include Form I-134, Affidavit of support. My question is without the form I-134, will I be able to demonstrate the evidence of financial support with all those documents I have collected?
Thank you!

I am an F1 student. I have my on-campus job but the pay is only around $5k per year on my w2 and I have a bank balance of around $1000. I also have a job offer letter for an internship in the summer. For the evidence of financial support, I am planning to provide my w2, bank balance, and my job offer letter. Also, I am submitting a sponsor letter from my sponsor with their w2 attached but I might not be able to include Form I-134, Affidavit of support. My question is without the form I-134, will I be able to demonstrate the evidence of financial support with all those documents I have collected?
Thank you!
Your sponsor’s W2 for demonstrating financial support is useless without the I-134 as it does not include sponsor’s willingness to support should the need arise. You may be okay including just your own documents (and plan on taking anything else you may have to your interview) - the IO will make the final determination of course.

Your sponsor’s W2 for demonstrating financial support is useless without the I-134 as it does not include sponsor’s willingness to support should the need arise. You may be okay including just your own documents (and plan on taking anything else you may have to your interview) - the IO will make the final determination of course.
Along with the W2, the sponsor has written a letter to demonstrate their willingness to support. Will that help?

Along with the W2, the sponsor has written a letter to demonstrate their willingness to support. Will that help?
I don't know. Question is why is the sponsor okay with writing a letter as against filing out the I-134 which is the official USCIS document?

Hello, My CN is AF14XXX but the thing is i am from Egypt and feeling frustrated coz it's been a while and current numbers doesn't change. do you think i can catch it before September ?

Hello, My CN is AF14XXX but the thing is i am from Egypt and feeling frustrated coz it's been a while and current numbers doesn't change. do you think i can catch it before September ?
I don’t know. I don’t make predictions.

Thank you, it does help a lot. Were you current when you made the change? Did you pay the DV fee or just emailed them?

Can I also ask what email subject did you use or can you tell me more details about the email that yoy sent them?
I wasn't current on March 4th when I sent the email. I've been current on April 1st. The dates are:

- March 4th: I send the next email to KCC:
Case number: 2022EU00021xxx
Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Birthday: xx/xx/xxxx

Dear Sirs,

My name is XXXXXXXX, and I was selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for fiscal year 2022. I did submit my DS260 and the derivatives one on June xx, 2021 for Consular Processing. After that, I have decided to move forward with the Adjustment of Status process with USCIS instead of the Consular Process, since I am legally residing in the USA with an xx visa.

This email is to inform you that I am initiating the Adjustment of Status process with USCIS and let you know that I will not require an interview in my Consulate in Spain.

Also, I would kindly ask KCC to send me the 2nd NL (2NL) Confirmation Letter so I can include it in the package to be sent to USCIS.

I would also like to thank you very much for your time.

Best regards

- March 4: I received the first email I sent to you from KCC, in which they ackonwledge about our intentios onf changing from CP to AOS.
- March 5: I send the letter and DV fee payment to KCC.
- March 7: KCC receive the letter and DV fee payment.
- March 10: KCC send me an email whit what is supposed to be the 2NL (the second one I sent you in my previous post.
- March 11: Cashier check is cashed.
- March 29: I received the DV fee payment recepit.

Hope it helps!

Hi Sm1smom,

Appreciate all your help.

I'm doing AOS I am now 100% ready to send in my AOS package. I sent my DV Administration fee on the 11th of March with a cahiers check and I called my bank today to verify that is has been cashed. They said that it was paid out on the 17th.

I have yet to receive the receipt in the mail. Its now been 5 weeks. I have been emailing KCC this week and their work flow seems to be just responding to the previous day's emails at 8am EST. These emails then get the bare bones response back. KCC are not taking phone calls.

Am I entitled to demand a receipt via email?
Is there a phone number I can call in St Louis that may be able to assist me?
Am I required to have the DV payment receipt or can I just send the AOS package in the knowledge that payment has been taken?

Thanks again

Hello @Sm1smom I would like to ask one more question. My husband (he is a derivative applicant I am the principal applicant) got 3 messages with 3 different receipt numbers from USCIS saying that your case was received. I assume that one of them is mine, one of them is his one of them is my daughter's. I checked the numbers on USCIS website. Two of them have this message: Fingerprint Fee Was Received, one of them has this one: Case Was Received. The thing that I don't understand is I don't get any messages even if I am the principal applicant. I don't know why they send messages to the derivative applicant but not the principal applicant. I hope this is not a gender discrimination :) I am joking of course but I hope this doesn't do anything about our case. I updated my situation on the DV Timelines too. I want to thank you again for your precious help. It means a lot to me.

Hello @Sm1smom I would like to ask one more question. My husband (he is a derivative applicant I am the principal applicant) got 3 messages with 3 different receipt numbers from USCIS saying that your case was received. I assume that one of them is mine, one of them is his one of them is my daughter's. I checked the numbers on USCIS website. Two of them have this message: Fingerprint Fee Was Received, one of them has this one: Case Was Received. The thing that I don't understand is I don't get any messages even if I am the principal applicant. I don't know why they send messages to the derivative applicant but not the principal applicant. I hope this is not a gender discrimination :) I am joking of course but I hope this doesn't do anything about our case. I updated my situation on the DV Timelines too. I want to thank you again for your precious help. It means a lot to me.
I think I forgot to add my question :) Is this normal that they sent these messages to the derivative applicant but not to the principal applicants?

Hi Sm1smom,

Appreciate all your help.

I'm doing AOS I am now 100% ready to send in my AOS package. I sent my DV Administration fee on the 11th of March with a cahiers check and I called my bank today to verify that is has been cashed. They said that it was paid out on the 17th.

I have yet to receive the receipt in the mail. Its now been 5 weeks. I have been emailing KCC this week and their work flow seems to be just responding to the previous day's emails at 8am EST. These emails then get the bare bones response back. KCC are not taking phone calls.

Am I entitled to demand a receipt via email?
Is there a phone number I can call in St Louis that may be able to assist me?
Am I required to have the DV payment receipt or can I just send the AOS package in the knowledge that payment has been taken?

Thanks again
1. There's no such thing as "entitled to demand" or "have the right to" when it comes to immigration because immigration is a privilege, not a right.
2. KCC is not taking phone calls, the only way to follow-up is via email.
3. See the FAQ tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet regarding sending the AOS package with or without the DV payment receipt.

I think I forgot to add my question :) Is this normal that they sent these messages to the derivative applicant but not to the principal applicants?
Yes, only one member of the family gets all the confirmation text/email messages with the receipt numbers. And yes, it is not out of line for the messages to get sent to the derivative and not the principal applicant.

How do I know which of my email accounts I provided when applying for the DV lottery? I have multiple accounts and I don't remember which one I used. In addition, I do not have access to my school email address since last February. I have not received my 2NL (my number is current this month).

Thanks!

How do I know which of my email accounts I provided when applying for the DV lottery? I have multiple accounts and I don't remember which one I used. In addition, I do not have access to my school email address since last February. I have not received my 2NL (my number is current this month).

Thanks!
No one can provide you with that information if you cannot remember the email address you used.

1. There's no such thing as "entitled to demand" or "have the right to" when it comes to immigration because immigration is a privilege, not a right.
2. KCC is not taking phone calls, the only way to follow-up is via email.
3. See the FAQ tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet regarding sending the AOS package with or without the DV payment receipt.
Thank you very much for your response. I just wanted to follow up on question 2 and re-emphasize it as well as a 2 new questions.

1. Is DOS in St Louis different to KCC?; Do you know if they are taking phone calls?; If so, do you know what their number is?
2. My status in the country is valid until March 2024 on an E3. Is it possible to apply for premium processing on the i-765 as my LCA runs out 15th of July.
3. Per I-485 instructions. Under additional evidence requirements it says Quote "Evidence that any derivative applicants were originally included in the DV lottery entry (if applicable)." What is the best way to supply evidence regarding this?

Thanks again

I wasn't current on March 4th when I sent the email. I've been current on April 1st. The dates are:

- March 4th: I send the next email to KCC:
Case number: 2022EU00021xxx
Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Birthday: xx/xx/xxxx

Dear Sirs,

My name is XXXXXXXX, and I was selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for fiscal year 2022. I did submit my DS260 and the derivatives one on June xx, 2021 for Consular Processing. After that, I have decided to move forward with the Adjustment of Status process with USCIS instead of the Consular Process, since I am legally residing in the USA with an xx visa.

This email is to inform you that I am initiating the Adjustment of Status process with USCIS and let you know that I will not require an interview in my Consulate in Spain.

Also, I would kindly ask KCC to send me the 2nd NL (2NL) Confirmation Letter so I can include it in the package to be sent to USCIS.

I would also like to thank you very much for your time.

Best regards

- March 4: I received the first email I sent to you from KCC, in which they ackonwledge about our intentios onf changing from CP to AOS.
- March 5: I send the letter and DV fee payment to KCC.
- March 7: KCC receive the letter and DV fee payment.
- March 10: KCC send me an email whit what is supposed to be the 2NL (the second one I sent you in my previous post.
- March 11: Cashier check is cashed.
- March 29: I received the DV fee payment recepit.

Hope it helps!
Do we have to tell KCC our intention to change from CP to AOS? My assumption was that because I am eligible to process green card through AOS, I could go on that path without notifying KCC. Am I wrong?

No one can provide you with that information if you cannot remember the email address you used
What if I send an email to KCC with my case number and personal information, asking if they have sent me a 2NL using my school email address? I actually got back access to the email last week, although I cannot retrieve emails received between February and last week.

Thank you very much for your response. I just wanted to follow up on question 2 and re-emphasize it as well as a 2 new questions.

1. Is DOS in St Louis different to KCC?; Do you know if they are taking phone calls?; If so, do you know what their number is?
2. My status in the country is valid until March 2024 on an E3. Is it possible to apply for premium processing on the i-765 as my LCA runs out 15th of July.
3. Per I-485 instructions. Under additional evidence requirements it says Quote "Evidence that any derivative applicants were originally included in the DV lottery entry (if applicable)." What is the best way to supply evidence regarding this?

Thanks again
1. Let me re-emphasis my response also: KCC is the only body I know of where DV related questions, including inquiries about pending DV Administrative Fee payment receipts, can be directed at. KCC no longer take phone call inquiries.
2. You can try request an expedited (not premium) processing for the EAD I have no idea if it will be approved.
3. Please see the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet.

Do we have to tell KCC our intention to change from CP to AOS? My assumption was that because I am eligible to process green card through AOS, I could go on that path without notifying KCC. Am I wrong?
Did you previously submit the DS260 form indicating to KCC you wish to proceed via CP? If you did and you’ve now decided to switch over to AOS, you most definitely have to inform KCC of this change in plan. The post with the email information you quoted was addressing a situation where CP was previously selected followed by a change in plan to process AOS.

What if I send an email to KCC with my case number and personal information, asking if they have sent me a 2NL using my school email address? I actually got back access to the email last week, although I cannot retrieve emails received between February and last week.
You can if you like. I would be surprised if KCC sends back a meaningful response.