• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi,

Can you please give a template for derivative applicant?

My main concern is about Page 4 Part 2 Q5.a to 7. Does he has to fill it or that part is only for petition based applicants. Please let me know.

Thank you!

Hello Everyone! I just got my biometric appointment date but I have realized I will be travelling on that day and will not be able to go to the recommended ASC. I have read and seen about walk-ins but I have also seen info around rescheduling. What is the process for walk-ins and would you recommend doing that instead of rescheduling?

Hello Everyone! I just got my biometric appointment date but I have realized I will be travelling on that day and will not be able to go to the recommended ASC. I have read and seen about walk-ins but I have also seen info around rescheduling. What is the process for walk-ins and would you recommend doing that instead of rescheduling?
I would giving a try doing a walk-in. If it does not work I would re schedule either the bio or the trip depending on which one you believe is more important.

Hello again y'all.
Quick question
1. Have you guys had any experience translating bilingual documents to English? My partner's birth certificate is written in two languages (none of those are English), but they reference the same things (e.g., "first name" is written in language A and then in language B, but both still mean first name). The handwritten info that actually matters is only in one language. How should I go about translating that doc? If anything, I understand both languages.
2. The part 8 of I485 is super broad and confusing. What did you guys use as a reference when filling out that part?

Thank you in advance.

Hello again y'all.
Quick question
1. Have you guys had any experience translating bilingual documents to English? My partner's birth certificate is written in two languages (none of those are English), but they reference the same things (e.g., "first name" is written in language A and then in language B, but both still mean first name). The handwritten info that actually matters is only in one language. How should I go about translating that doc? If anything, I understand both languages.
2. The part 8 of I485 is super broad and confusing. What did you guys use as a reference when filling out that part?

Thank you in advance.
1) Personally used a certified translator for this, he wrote a letter with all of his information for reference.
2) I guess just reply to the best of your ability, yes/no

Good morning, just wanted to give the good news, my case got approved with no interview!

All I can say from the bottom of my heart is thank you specially to our amazing @Sm1smom. This is something I will be forever grateful for, you have been of extreme help for this dream to become true, not only for me but for many other users, thank you very much!

In addition, I would like to thank @wuffer_duffer , @DV_Winner_Husband, @dhanu159, @SusieQQQ, @ivanze, @nawinner22, @coffeemonster, @Endiny, @La Panda, @lambodreamer, @alistardust, @LanceWL for their help through the process, and any other members whom I may be forgetting.

Suggestions for other users:

• Read the AOS Process Spreadsheet - http://goo.gl/0va2DU until you know it by heart. I would be lying if I say I read it tem times because I did it way more than that. Many answers to the questions asked by new members are there (this was me when I joined the forum), so take your time and read it over and over, this will only benefit you.
  • I highly suggested users go over all the pages of this forum starting on the first one. There is priceless information here, from different people with different perspectives to the same scenario. This will also answer many questions you may have as you go through the process, questions that may not necessarily be covered on the AOS Spreadsheet.
I have my last three questions please if someone can help me.

• 1 ) I have not yet received my new SSN without the “Valid for work only with DHS authorization”, I assume I should just wait for it and once I receive it in the mail send a copy of this and my GC to my current employer? (Already have the GC in hand)
  • 2) Am I good to continue working in the meantime?
  • 3) Should I notify my school that I underwent a status change and am no longer under F-1-OPT Work Permit?
  • 4) Am I good to leave the country? I assume my re- entry will be just showing the GC (and passport off course to board the plane) correct?
Keep your faith in your God no matter what, he is there listening to you and will eventually provide, there will be ups and downs as days go by without any updates, but there is light in the end of the tunnel for everyone here. Also, as @Sm1smom always says it, be PATIENT, some offices are busier than others, we still have time before the end of the fiscal year, I am sure many more forum members will get their GC soon!

Leo

Last edited:
Hi,

Can you please give a template for derivative applicant?

My main concern is about Page 4 Part 2 Q5.a to 7. Does he has to fill it or that part is only for petition based applicants. Please let me know.

Thank you!
The derivative can fill out questions 5a,b,c, 6 (if the PA has an existing A#), 7. Questions 3, 4, 8, 9 are not applicable to DV based applications.

Take you travel details along when you attempt the walk in, some ASC's are more responsive to such a reasoning. You can also attempt the walk-in in any other ASC outside of your assigned ASC. I highly recommend against trying to reschedule, I suggest you postpone your trip if you're unable to do a walk-in. It could be several months before a new appointment gets scheduled if you try to reschedule.

Hello guys, appreciate any help

Quick questions:
  1. I sent DV fee without leading zeroes in CN, is that critical ?
  2. I recently moved to US, ~ month ago, so (OAS Package W-2 & IRS Tax) not applicable to me yet, right ?
  3. Covid vaccine - If vaccine certificate will be enough or antibody test also required ?
  4. Varicella (note: not required for people who have had chickenpox)
    3.1 I've had chicken pox in past but I don't have any record/certificate for that, will Civil Surgeon ask for proof ?
  5. For TD/TDAP & MMR I don't have vaccines, but if I'll have lab tests - shots can be skipped ?

Take you travel details along when you attempt the walk in, some ASC's are more responsive to such a reasoning. You can also attempt the walk-in in any other ASC outside of your assigned ASC. I highly recommend against trying to reschedule, I suggest you postpone your trip if you're unable to do a walk-in. It could be several months before a new appointment gets scheduled if you try to reschedule.
I called and rescheduled this morning prior to seeing your message. They emailed me this morning that my previous appointment was cancelled and that I have been put in the scheduling queue. Would it be too late to attempt a walk-in using the cancelled bio notice??

1) Personally used a certified translator for this, he wrote a letter with all of his information for reference.
2) I guess just reply to the best of your ability, yes/no
Thanks and congrats! Can't even imagine how huge of relief is that.
1. Did you have a bilingual doc, too? I'd imagine finding a bilingual translator for the work would be challenging. On the other hand, if you don't need to repeat translation for the same fields, it can be done quickly.

Thanks and congrats! Can't even imagine how huge of relief is that.
1. Did you have a bilingual doc, too? I'd imagine finding a bilingual translator for the work would be challenging. On the other hand, if you don't need to repeat translation for the same fields, it can be done quickly.
1. For this case it was not a bilingual doc, however that translator was certified for a few languages so I am sure with some luck you can find one.

This was a translation that could have easily been done by me but I took the "formal" route and apparently it helped :)

1. For this case it was not a bilingual doc, however that translator was certified for a few languages so I am sure with some luck you can find one.

This was a translation that could have easily been done by me but I took the "formal" route and apparently it helped :)
BTW, have we figured out any patterns that lead to/can help with waiving the interview?

Hello again y'all.
Quick question

Thank you in advance.
1a. Are the two languages in which the B/C are written are both the issuing country's official language?
1b. You referenced the "handwritten info" on the B/C - is this B/C the official long form B/C from the designated issuing authority as listed on the U.S. Visa Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country page? This is important as people sometimes erroneously think they have an official document which turns out to not be acceptable for immigration purpose by the US government as those documents are not in line by what the DOS recognizes as the issuing authority.
1c. You cannot translate your partners documents into English. The translation needs to be done by a third party with no stake or potential benefit in the DV selection.

2. You need to be more specific as to the specific part of that section you have issues with or need further guidance on. Your own question as in asking people what they used as guidance is equally too broad.

Good morning, just wanted to give the good news, my case got approved with no interview!

All I can say from the bottom of my heart is thank you specially to our amazing @Sm1smom. This is something I will be forever grateful for, you have been of extreme help for this dream to become true, not only for me but for many other users, thank you very much!

In addition, I would like to thank @wuffer_duffer , @DV_Winner_Husband, @dhanu159, @SusieQQQ, @ivanze, @nawinner22, @coffeemonster, @Endiny, @La Panda, @lambodreamer, @alistardust, @LanceWL for their help through the process, and any other members whom I may be forgetting.

Suggestions for other users:

• Read the AOS Process Spreadsheet - http://goo.gl/0va2DU until you know it by heart. I would be lying if I say I read it tem times because I did it way more than that. Many answers to the questions asked by new members are there (this was me when I joined the forum), so take your time and read it over and over, this will only benefit you.
  • I highly suggested users go over all the pages of this forum starting on the first one. There is priceless information here, from different people with different perspectives to the same scenario. This will also answer many questions you may have as you go through the process, questions that may not necessarily be covered on the AOS Spreadsheet.
I have my last three questions please if someone can help me.

• 1 ) I have not yet received my new SSN without the “Valid for work only with DHS authorization”, I assume I should just wait for it and once I receive it in the mail send a copy of this and my GC to my current employer? (Already have the GC in hand)
  • 2) Am I good to continue working in the meantime?
  • 3) Should I notify my school that I underwent a status change and am no longer under F-1-OPT Work Permit?
  • 4) Am I good to leave the country? I assume my re- entry will be just showing the GC (and passport off course to board the plane) correct?
Keep your faith in your God no matter what, he is there listening to you and will eventually provide, there will be ups and downs as days go by without any updates, but there is light in the end of the tunnel for everyone here. Also, as @Sm1smom always says it, be PATIENT, some offices are busier than others, we still have time before the end of the fiscal year, I am sure many more forum members will get their GC soon!

Leo
Congratulations. I'm happy for you.

1. You're not quite obligated to inform your employer. However should you wish to inform them, I suggest you wait until you've received the GC before informing them about your new status.
2. You are absolutely good to keep working.
3. Yes, you need to inform your school. You however should wait until you've received your GC before doing so, just like 1 above.
4. Yes, after receiving your GC. Yes going forward, you'll need your GC and your passport for re-admission to the US.

Hello guys, appreciate any help

Quick questions:
  1. I sent DV fee without leading zeroes in CN, is that critical ?
  2. I recently moved to US, ~ month ago, so (OAS Package W-2 & IRS Tax) not applicable to me yet, right ?
  3. Covid vaccine - If vaccine certificate will be enough or antibody test also required ?
  4. Varicella (note: not required for people who have had chickenpox)
    3.1 I've had chicken pox in past but I don't have any record/certificate for that, will Civil Surgeon ask for proof ?
  5. For TD/TDAP & MMR I don't have vaccines, but if I'll have lab tests - shots can be skipped ?
1. The CN should have been fully listed, hopefully they will figure it out though
2. You wouldn't have those documents to include with your AOS package in that case
3. Vaccine certificate alone.
4. Most CS believe when informed one already had chickenpox in the past without requiring further proof. Someone however recently reported on this thread that their CS wanted a documented proof to support the claim of having had chickenpox in the past. So having a titer test prior to the medical exam would be of help in such a situation.
5. You can also do a titer test in this case or simply get a single shot since a booster shot every 10 years is recommended anyways.

I called and rescheduled this morning prior to seeing your message. They emailed me this morning that my previous appointment was cancelled and that I have been put in the scheduling queue. Would it be too late to attempt a walk-in using the cancelled bio notice??
Oh wow! You pulled the plug way too fast. You can still attempt a walk-in though. If they allow you into the ASC, they will let you know if they're subsequently unable to find your scheduled bio in the system due to your having cancelled it.