• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello all,
I have a question about filling in my I485.
I'm not sure if some parts like marriage, children, and employment history that I don't have, do I need to fill in with N/A or I could just leave them blank?
I saw that some people left them blank before, and they were all good. However, when I checked the official I485 instructions (like the image attached), it implied that I should put N/A.
So, I'm confused.
Thanks a lot!

螢幕擷取畫面 2022-01-08 142806.png

Hello all,
I have a question about filling in my I485.
I'm not sure if some parts like marriage, children, and employment history that I don't have, do I need to fill in with N/A or I could just leave them blank?
I saw that some people left them blank before, and they were all good. However, when I checked the official I485 instructions (like the image attached), it implied that I should put N/A.
So, I'm confused.
Thanks a lot!

View attachment 3257
Just follow the instructions, put N/A when it does not apply to you.

Greetings all,
I have a few questions and I would appreciate some guidance. I am a DV lottery winner 2022AF11xxx and I am in the US on F1 visa. My case number became current this month. I have read the AOS package and a few questions on how to AOS.
1. How much is the fee to AOS? Is it 330$ for the DV? The AOS package indicates 330 DV Admin fee+ 1225$ AOS fee. So how much should I pay to start the process. Do I first pay 330$ for DV then later on pay the $1225 AOS and how do I pay? (I see money order options on the AOS package but any more details are welcomed)

Hi all,

I received my green card today! :) My interview was waived. Below lists the timeline of my application:

9/15 DV Admission Fee Delivered
9/22 2NL Received
9/25 DV Fee Receipt Received
11/1 Visa Bulletin Current
11/2 AOS Package Arrived at Chicago Lockbox
11/11 Receipt Text Notification Received
11/12 Payment Cashed
11/12 Fingerprint Fee Was Received
11/16 NOA Letter Received
11/26 Bio Letter Received
12/15 Bio Appointment
12/28 New Card Is Being Produced
12/29 Case Was Approved
12/30 Card Was Mailed To Me
1/3 Approval Notice Received
1/8 Green Card Received

However, the USCIS status of my husband (derivative applicant) is still in "Fingerprint Fee Was Received." He asked Emma and she said his case is with the field office. So we still have to wait for a bit.

We got a lot of help from this forum and we truly appreciate everyone who shared their experience and help, especially for Sm1smom and SusieQQQ.
Good luck and we hope everyone gets their green card soon!

Greetings all,
I have a few questions and I would appreciate some guidance. I am a DV lottery winner 2022AF11xxx and I am in the US on F1 visa. My case number became current this month. I have read the AOS package and a few questions on how to AOS.
1. How much is the fee to AOS? Is it 330$ for the DV? The AOS package indicates 330 DV Admin fee+ 1225$ AOS fee. So how much should I pay to start the process. Do I first pay 330$ for DV then later on pay the $1225 AOS and how do I pay? (I see money order options on the AOS package but any more details are welcomed)
$330 AOS administrative fee. $1,225 AOS processing fee.
Highly recommend you spend some quality time going over the AOS Process Spreadsheet - you can find the link to the spreadsheet from the signature section of any of my posts, or from the first post on page one of this thread. You will have a better understanding of the DV based AOS process and the steps involved after going through that spreadsheet.

Quick Question: How do y'all talk to Emma and get updates about your case? I always get a bunch of web links every time I ask something, lol.

Hi all,

I received my green card today! :) My interview was waived. Below lists the timeline of my application:

9/22 2NL Received
11/12 Payment Cashed
12/15 Bio Appointment
12/29 Case Was Approved
1/8 Green Card Received

However, the USCIS status of my husband (derivative applicant) is still in "Fingerprint Fee Was Received." He asked Emma and she said his case is with the field office. So we still have to wait for a bit.

We got a lot of help from this forum and we truly appreciate everyone who shared their experience and help, especially for Sm1smom and SusieQQQ.
That’s great, any idea why they waived the interview? Hoping to get lucky as well!

Hi all and happy new year. I remember seeing here examples of i-485 forms filled as example specifically for DV lottery AOS but am unable to retrieve them. Does anyone have the link to where I can find them? Thank you!

Hi all,

9/22 2NL Received
11/12 Payment Cashed
12/15 Bio Appointment
12/29 Case Was Approved
1/8 Green Card Received

Wow! Great news. Congratulations.

Quick question - was your status updated online during the various steps? Both our case numbers still show "Fingerprint Fee Was Received"

Wow! Great news. Congratulations.

Quick question - was your status updated online during the various steps? Both our case numbers still show "Fingerprint Fee Was Received"
Thanks! Yes, the status was updated on the online case status page as we listed.

My husband's case still shows "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" and he is also waiting for the next step. I guess what we can do right now is wait patiently as this has not exceeded the normal processing time.

Hi all,

9/22 2NL Received
11/12 Payment Cashed
12/15 Bio Appointment
12/29 Case Was Approved
1/8 Green Card Received

Hi
Congratulation!!!
Would you mind sharing the non-immigration status and the birth of country of your husband?
I think we have a very similar background as yours.
It will be useful if we have the information.
Thanks!

I sincerely don't know. We might still have to go to an interview for my husband's case though.
Highly unlikely. I'm not aware of any DV based AOS case where an interview was scheduled for the derivative after the main selectee has been approved without an interview. Your husband's case appears to be stuck in AP for now probably due to where he is from, places he has visited in the past, his line of work or education.

That’s great, any idea why they waived the interview? Hoping to get lucky as well!
This is FO and IO dependent. Some FOs routinely waive the interview requirement for a properly filed (front-loaded) DV based AOS application (which is why we've put together the AOS process spreadsheet - to help applicants properly frontload their AOS packages). If you take a look at some of the past Timeline spreadsheets, you will come across cases approved without any interview and the applicable FOs in such cases.

Short answer: DS260 submission has no impact on your AOS processing, unless you already indicated on the DS260 form (when it was submitted) you wish to process CP. In that case, you’ll need to contact KCC to inform them you wish to change over to CP.
Thank you for your answer!

I was watching a live from BritSimon, where it was mentioned it was a bad idea to file the DS-260 (too early) and there could be trouble because of that. But thank you for clarifying!

Thank you for your answer!

I was watching a live from BritSimon, where it was mentioned it was a bad idea to file the DS-260 (too early) and there could be trouble because of that. But thank you for clarifying!
It is important to understand the fact that Simon's blog is by and large focused on CP processing, however he does answer/discuss AOS related issues now and when. And I do know that when he discuses AOS related issues, he goes to great length to clarify that. It is therefore important for those processing AOS to not take everything they come across on his blog as relating to them in order to eliminate unnecessary confusion.

I recieved my W2 this week, do you just include 2021 or previous years, and do you download all the forms for that year on the IRS "get transcripts" site (there's 4 sections). I couldn't find specific info on this but I'm sure I read it somewhere clarfying what needs to be sent (just referring to the IRS part, the spread sheet says 1-3 years).