• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello @Sm1smom, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post my question, so I am gone try here.
Does the AOS cases have more priority than CP cases in your knowledge? Thanks

Hello @Sm1smom, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post my question, so I am gone try here.
No, it is a completely different process with different timing, documental requirements and are also handled by two different offices/branches.
There is no priority each other (other than both require to be current in order to have interview).
Perhaps the only caveat being that in order to succeed AOS, there need to be available visa left.

Once you pay the DV fee to the DOS and communicate to KCC your intention to proceed AOS, the case is handled completely by USCIS.

Instead, CP is handled between KCC, DOS and Consulates abroad.

Which is faster under the current circumstances? It is hard to say.

Last CN numbers per region
AF - 64000
AS - 32000
EU - 28000
NA - 50
OC - 2600
SA - 3000

Only 3 regions have CN higher 7000 and all of them are current

Some more statistics
Total 129650 winners
53006 winners filled their DS 260
3396 winners - Issued (visa or GC - idk)
1094 winners - Refused
6628 winners have status - Ready, In Transit, Transfer in progress

Data for March 26 2022
Hi Equilibreme,
I don't understand your post. The cutoff for May are
OC is 1200
SA 1400

Your question is like trying to compare apples and oranges. Two completely different processes involved. Neither takes priority over the other.

Dear @Sm1smom,

One question I think is important because I thought we should all send our AOS to Chicago but rereading I see that residents of Kentucky should send our AOS to:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
P.O. Box 20500
Phoenix, AZ 85036-0500

Thank you in advance.

Total winners / cut off's for May

AF - 64000 / 63800
AS - 32000 / 30000
EU - 28000 / 27000
NA - 50 / 10
OC - 2600 / 1200
SA - 3000 / 1300
Wonder why they didn’t just go current for those top three. It’s almost like they weren’t allowed so did everything but. And why leave OC and SA so far behind.

Guys: there’s a separate thread in the forum dedicated to the VB and CN progression. So let’s not clutter this AOS thread (which is the ONLY one for AOSers) with VB cut-offs, CN progression or non-progression, etc. posts. The AOS thread is for discussing AOS related issues only.

I have a question about region limit and AOS. My CN is AS 23xxx. Looking at the data, for Asia about a thousand have been issued and about 3.5k is ready. If the limit of the 8500 visa is reached before I get an interview appointment, I don’t have a visa correct? Or is it that since I have started the AOS process (document accepted at lockbox), I will be able to proceed with the whole process? Thanks for the help!

I have a question about region limit and AOS. My CN is AS 23xxx. Looking at the data, for Asia about a thousand have been issued and about 3.5k is ready. If the limit of the 8500 visa is reached before I get an interview appointment, I don’t have a visa correct? Or is it that since I have started the AOS process (document accepted at lockbox), I will be able to proceed with the whole process? Thanks for the help!
Visas do not get reserved for AOSers, unlike CP cases where KCC sets aside the visa once the case gets scheduled for an interview at the embassy.

Hi guys,
Need help - either I'm majorly screwed or just panicking for nothing.
My case number is EU14xxx, I submitted my DS260 in Dec 2021, but no news since then. I was waiting for 2NL and for my case number to become current. I contacted KCC in the meantime and they just said wait.
I’ve been checking cutoffs for Feb – 13000 and for March – 13500, so I let it be for a while (just extrapolated the trend and didn’t want to risk it with my case number being on a higher end). Fast forward, I’m seeing now that apparently, all the cases became current up to 27000
I’m reading that google spreadsheet franticly and can’t understand what shall I do right now. I still haven’t received anything from KCC/USCIS. Seems like I can send the check without their notifications, but it might take like 4 weeks to process.
Also, does the current cutoff mean all those 13500 (April’s 27000 – March’s 13500) cases are now competing for the remainder visas on a first come – first serve basis? Will the case number still be taken into account and reviewed accordingly?
I was so worried about showing immigration intent (being several years on a student visa ‍️) that I delayed till the very end, now jeopardizing my coveted GC. Please please advise

My apologies, not sure how to edit my previous message. Just wanted to clarify my first question - what fellow immigrants would recommend as the best course of action / application of effort, considering the tight situation I created for myself? Would support from an immigration attorney help in any way? Thank you so much in advance for your understanding!

Hi guys,
Need help - either I'm majorly screwed or just panicking for nothing.
My case number is EU14xxx, I submitted my DS260 in Dec 2021, but no news since then. I was waiting for 2NL and for my case number to become current. I contacted KCC in the meantime and they just said wait.
I’ve been checking cutoffs for Feb – 13000 and for March – 13500, so I let it be for a while (just extrapolated the trend and didn’t want to risk it with my case number being on a higher end). Fast forward, I’m seeing now that apparently, all the cases became current up to 27000
I’m reading that google spreadsheet franticly and can’t understand what shall I do right now. I still haven’t received anything from KCC/USCIS. Seems like I can send the check without their notifications, but it might take like 4 weeks to process.
Also, does the current cutoff mean all those 13500 (April’s 27000 – March’s 13500) cases are now competing for the remainder visas on a first come – first serve basis? Will the case number still be taken into account and reviewed accordingly?
I was so worried about showing immigration intent (being several years on a student visa ‍️) that I delayed till the very end, now jeopardizing my coveted GC. Please please advise
You do not need to wait for the 2NL before proceeding onto the next step if you’re processing AOS.
1. So the question is, did you select AOS (USCIS) for interview location on your DS260? If yes, then proceed with making the DV fee payment, medical exam, and putting your AOS package together.
2. There’s no processing priority with AOS, the only thing that matters in the CN being current. Outside of that, your CN is irrelevant as to when the case gets processed.

You need to settle down and carefully go over the AOS process spreadsheet. It is not something you frantically go over. Also, number your questions when you have more than one per post.

My apologies, not sure how to edit my previous message. Just wanted to clarify my first question - what fellow immigrants would recommend as the best course of action / application of effort, considering the tight situation I created for myself? Would support from an immigration attorney help in any way? Thank you so much in advance for your understanding!
1. Already answered above.
2. This is a DIY forum, majority of the members are filing or have filed without using an immigration attorney. If you can’t fill out your forms yourself or you have some other personal issue status wise, then you can consider hiring an attorney who will have one of their assistants fill out your forms (based on all the documents you’ll still have to gather and submit to them), or provide legal counsel with regards to the status issue. Outside of those, there’s nothing else an attorney can do that you cannot do yourself, they cannot fast track the process or guarantee an approval.

Hi, I had a speeding ticket (0-5 mph above) and went to the court. In the summery of my court appearance, it says I "deny responsibility", and then I paid the fine. In this case Should I have to write "NO" for the Q27 (part 8) in I485 form. Please let me know. Also, could you please tell me whether this will negatively affect my application.

Many thanks

Hi, I had a speeding ticket (0-5 mph above) and went to the court. In the summery of my court appearance, it says I "deny responsibility", and then I paid the fine. In this case Should I have to write "NO" for the Q27 (part 8) in I485 form. Please let me know. Also, could you please tell me whether this will negatively affect my application.

Many thanks
1. Please use your own discretion on whether to select Yes or No for this. However, whichever option you select, I recommend you provide additional inform about the case in Part 14 Additional Information section of your form.
2. It shouldn’t. It however doesn’t mean one should refrain from disclosing pertinent information (if asked) because it will negatively affect their application.