• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

It is hard for me to answer your questions as asked considering medical reports are currently valid for two year, more details required:
1. Is your friend’s case a DV2022 AOS based application?
2. When did your friend file, when did they become current?
3. When was the interview?
4. Was your friend told to submit a new medical report at the end of the interview?
1.yes
2.NOV 2021 (not current yet)
3.Feb 28 2022
3.Yes

Hi! Would there be a possibility to come to the US in late June / early July and file an adjustment of status? I've heard there's some 30 days rule before I can file, but I'm not sure if 2 months is enough to complete such a process. Thank you in advance :)
AOS is intended for people already residing in the US before the decision to file for AOS was made. Entering the US on a non-dual intent NIV with a preconceived intent of filing for AOS is considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit, which is frowned upon. However, if you declare this preconceived intent of filing AOS at the POE and you are subsequently admitted into the US following that declaration, filing for AOS after that will most likely not be considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit.

CAVEAT:
The IO, at the time of the AOS can still ask why you decided to enter the US and process AOS even if this intent was disclosed at the POE. You will need to be prepared for this.

DISCLOSURE:
We’ve had previous cases of DV selectees who entered the US on a visitor’s who subsequently successfully processed their selection via AOS without declaring their preconceived AOS intent at the POE.

NOTE:
Should you decide to proceed with entering the US to file for AOS, do make sure you understand the AOS process before doing so. I highly recommend you go through the AOS process spreadsheet to ensure you understand the steps involved.

1.yes
2.NOV 2021 (not current yet)
3.Feb 28 2022
3.Yes
If your friend’s application was more than 60 days before the CN became current, it was erroneously accepted by the Lockbox. I would be surprised if the IO does not eventually catch up on that and subsequently deny the application.

As for the medical report, if the edition date on the form your friend used is anything other than 09/13/21 edition date, the decision for him to submit a new medical report is the correct one. So ask your friend to check the edition date listed at the bottom of the I-693 they submitted to confirm if it is listed as 09/13/21 or something else. If the date corresponds with 09/13/21, then the issue with the medical report must be something else related.

If your friend’s application was more than 60 days before the CN became current, it was erroneously accepted by the Lockbox. I would be surprised if the IO does not eventually catch up on that and subsequently deny the application.

As for the medical report, if the edition date on the form your friend used is anything other than 09/13/21 edition date, the decision for him to submit a new medical report is the correct one. So ask your friend to check the edition date listed at the bottom of the I-693 they submitted to confirm if it is listed as 09/13/21 or something else. If the date corresponds with 09/13/21, then the issue with the medical report must be something else related.
well the medical form part, i would definately undertood becasue he was using older version but i am suprised that IO does not even care about the case being current or not. He might got lucky on that i guess.
again his case is not even current yet

well the medical form part, i would definately undertood becasue he was using older version but i am suprised that IO does not even care about the case being current or not. He might got lucky on that i guess.
again his case is not even current yet
Don’t assume the IO doesn’t care about the fact that your friend filed without the CN being current, the case has not yet been approved. I’m willing to bet the case will be subsequently denied upon further review. Do keep us posted about this case though, I just maybe pleasantly surprised by it getting approved eventually.

Don’t assume the IO doesn’t care about the fact that your friend filed without the CN being current, the case has not yet been approved. I’m willing to bet the case will be subsequently denied upon further review. Do keep us posted about this case though, I just maybe pleasantly surprised by it getting approved eventually.
Yes i will
Intresting thing IO said " i would have been approved your case today if you could use new format of 693".

Yes i will
Intresting thing IO said " i would have been approved your case today if you could use new format of 693".
Okay, so this about your case and not your friend as previously claimed. Or how could you have known precisely what the IO said? Anyways, keep us posted like I already requested.

Okay, so this about your case and not your friend as previously claimed. Or how could you have known precisely what the IO said? Anyways, keep us posted like I already requested.
Ha ha not really, there is no point of giving false info
I am posting whatever my friend told me.
I will keep posting about this case.

Ha ha not really, there is no point of giving false info
I am posting whatever my friend told me.
I will keep posting about this case.
Well you added quotation marks to what you reported your friend told you like the statement is what you heard directly yourself. I’m not saying your friend is lying, but I’m skeptical that is precisely what the IO said.

By the way, which FO has jurisdiction over your friend’s case and when did your friend attend their biometrics? I’m quite curious about this case.

Well you added quotation marks to what you reported your friend told you like they statement is what you heard directly yourself. I’m not saying your friend is lying, but I’m skeptical that is precisely what the IO said.

By the way, which FO has jurisdiction over your friend’s case and when did your friend attend their biometrics? I’m quite curious about this case.
My apologies
Same as mine north dallas ,TX
And bio was taken on January ( not quite sure about the date )

I really appreciate your generosity in providing extremely helpful service to AOS applicants like myself. I have one more question.

In the example form I-485, the applicant claims to have a Social Security Card (SSC) (question no. 14). Then, she/he answers YES to no.15 which asks if the applicant wants SSA to issue an SSC. Is this right?

Dear @Sm1smom I need help with two questions:

First.- I do not understand how I am going to receive the 2NL if I have not filled in the DS-260 and in the payment of the DV Program, which I have already done correctly and they have already received, I have not sent my email, it only included the SASE.

Second.- I am J1, exchange program, I am working for a school district and I have my SSN. Should I send the I-765?

Thank you in advance.

My apologies
Same as mine north dallas ,TX
And bio was taken on January ( not quite sure about the date )
Okay. The timeline described for this case (in terms of filing, bio, to interview) is in line with other cases with the same Dallas TX FO timeline reported by a couple of other cases that have already been adjudicated.

I really appreciate your generosity in providing extremely helpful service to AOS applicants like myself. I have one more question.

In the example form I-485, the applicant claims to have a Social Security Card (SSC) (question no. 14). Then, she/he answers YES to no.15 which asks if the applicant wants SSA to issue an SSC. Is this right?
Yes that is correct. That is because the “applicant” wishes to be issued with a replacement SSN card which will come without the DHS restrictions that comes with a the SSN card that gets issued with a non-immigrant status. The will save them the need to contact the SSA office to update their information after they become a LPR.

Dear @Sm1smom I need help with two questions:

First.- I do not understand how I am going to receive the 2NL if I have not filled in the DS-260 and in the payment of the DV Program, which I have already done correctly and they have already received, I have not sent my email, it only included the SASE.

Second.- I am J1, exchange program, I am working for a school district and I have my SSN. Should I send the I-765?

Thank you in advance.
1. You included your email address on your eDV Registration/Entry form back in 2020 when your entry was submitted. That email address will be used if the KCC wishes to send your the 2NL.
2. You can decide on your own if you wish to include the I-765 EAD form with your AOS package or not.

Hello @Sm1smom ,

a few questions about the I-693.

At the end of last year, I contacted the civil surgeon, so to get missing vaccinations.
I did ask, at the time, to also start the I-693, in case it was needed for CP processing (I was mistakenly positive about that).
Since then, I traveled abroad for Christmas.
When I recently decided to pursue AOS, weeks ago, I paid the DV fee; then I returned to the surgeon to complete the examination and I was handed over the sealed I-693.

Now, a few questions:

1) If the date of the first visit and the applicant signature on the I-693 precedes a trip overseas, can this be a problem, in case traveled and reentered with a NIV visa?

2) The I-693 form expires on 03/31/2022. If the applicant has yet to file, he won't have to repeat the medical, just because a new form version is published, am I correct?

Thank you