• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

1. Incluyó su dirección de correo electrónico en su formulario de registro/entrada de eDV en 2020 cuando envió su entrada. Esa dirección de correo electrónico se utilizará si KCC desea enviarle el 2NL.
2. Puede decidir por su cuenta si desea incluir o no el formulario I-765 EAD con su paquete AOS.
Thanks a lot.

Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster here, OC18xx. I’ve just arrived in the US on an E3 visa, and I’m planning to switch from CP (Sydney embassy) to AOS if my number goes current. I’ve also got a wife and daughter who have E3D visas, but they won’t be arriving in the country until the end of May.

Just had some questions about preconceived immigrant intent. I’ve read through the spreadsheet and some past year timelines. Looking back on the timelines, I didn’t notice anyone that was denied for this reason, even those that applied within 60 days of arriving on B1/B2 visas. There was 1 case I saw in 2021 that was called for further questioning about his intent, but was still approved. Looks like most of them didn’t have lawyers also.

When I applied for my E3, I disclosed on the application that I had submitted the DS260 for DV2022 and that my number wasn’t current. I wasn’t asked about this at the POE though so didn’t mention anything.

1. Have there been many actual cases of people entering on a non-immigrant visa, applying for AOS, then being denied because of preconceived immigrant intent?

2. If I was to be denied for this reason, would they also cancel my E3 visa?

Thanks for your help and all the info on the forums so far!

Hello @Sm1smom ,

a few questions about the I-693.

At the end of last year, I contacted the civil surgeon, so to get missing vaccinations.
I did ask, at the time, to also start the I-693, in case it was needed for CP processing (I was mistakenly positive about that).
Since then, I traveled abroad for Christmas.
When I recently decided to pursue AOS, weeks ago, I paid the DV fee; then I returned to the surgeon to complete the examination and I was handed over the sealed I-693.

Now, a few questions:

1) If the date of the first visit and the applicant signature on the I-693 precedes a trip overseas, can this be a problem, in case traveled and reentered with a NIV visa?

2) The I-693 form expires on 03/31/2022. If the applicant has yet to file, he won't have to repeat the medical, just because a new form version is published, am I correct?

Thank you
1. Not a problem
2. As long as the medical form is the current edition in use as at the time of the AOS package acceptance by the Lockbox.

p.s. for the sake of current and future readers: medical exam completed by a US CS (Civil Surgeon) cannot be used for CP. The acceptable medical report for CP must be from the designated PP (Panel Physician) applicable to the embassy where the interview is scheduled to take place.

1. Not a problem
2. As long as the medical form is the current edition in use as at the time of the AOS package acceptance by the Lockbox.

p.s. for the sake of current and future readers: medical exam completed by a US CS (Civil Surgeon) cannot be used for CP. The acceptable medical report for CP must be from the designated PP (Panel Physician) applicable to the embassy where the interview is scheduled to take place.
Thank you for the invaluable help, @Sm1smom

Hi guys,

Long time reader first time poster here, OC18xx. I’ve just arrived in the US on an E3 visa, and I’m planning to switch from CP (Sydney embassy) to AOS if my number goes current. I’ve also got a wife and daughter who have E3D visas, but they won’t be arriving in the country until the end of May.

Just had some questions about preconceived immigrant intent. I’ve read through the spreadsheet and some past year timelines. Looking back on the timelines, I didn’t notice anyone that was denied for this reason, even those that applied within 60 days of arriving on B1/B2 visas. There was 1 case I saw in 2021 that was called for further questioning about his intent, but was still approved. Looks like most of them didn’t have lawyers also.

When I applied for my E3, I disclosed on the application that I had submitted the DS260 for DV2022 and that my number wasn’t current. I wasn’t asked about this at the POE though so didn’t mention anything.

1. Have there been many actual cases of people entering on a non-immigrant visa, applying for AOS, then being denied because of preconceived immigrant intent?

2. If I was to be denied for this reason, would they also cancel my E3 visa?

Thanks for your help and all the info on the forums so far!
1. Yes, there have been.
2. The current E3 visa itself will not be cancelled, you will be allowed to remain in the US for the duration of your current I-94. However, I do not believe you will be able to renew the E3 visa when the current one expires. And if you were to depart from the US following the denial, and try to return with the current (assuming still valid) E3 visa, I believe the admission will be denied and the visa cancelled at that point.

hi everyone, I just received my bio letter but for some reason my case status online has not been updated and still reports "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". Is this normal or might be a sign of some issue? thanks!

Hello @Sm1smom
As of today, I received an interview notice from the field office. However, addition to the interview date and time there is another section that says what to bring to the interview. Within that section they want me to bring all the documents to the interview including form I-693 which I already submitted to the USCIS when I sent over my I-485 application. I wonder if that notice is just by default? Otherwise, do I need to take another medical examination form to the interview with me ?
Thanks in advance!

Hello @Sm1smom
As of today, I received an interview notice from the field office. However, addition to the interview date and time there is another section that says what to bring to the interview. Within that section they want me to bring all the documents to the interview including form I-693 which I already submitted to the USCIS when I sent over my I-485 application. I wonder if that notice is just by default? Otherwise, do I need to take another medical examination form to the interview with me ?
Thanks in advance!
You probably received a generic interview letter in use at your FO which did not take into account the specific documents you already included with your package. I do not believe you'll need to submit a new medical report in that case. I'm assuming your CS provided you with a copy of your medical report for your personal record though, which you can take along (for reference purpose) with all your other pertinent documents for your interview

Hi,

Do I need to print "N/A" to the interpreter sections if I don't have an interpreter? Or, should I leave them blank?

Thanks.

hi everyone, I just received my bio letter but for some reason my case status online has not been updated and still reports "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". Is this normal or might be a sign of some issue? thanks!
Hi, in my case it was "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" for almost 6 months, so don't stress about it.

AOS is intended for people already residing in the US before the decision to file for AOS was made. Entering the US on a non-dual intent NIV with a preconceived intent of filing for AOS is considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit, which is frowned upon. However, if you declare this preconceived intent of filing AOS at the POE and you are subsequently admitted into the US following that declaration, filing for AOS after that will most likely not be considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit.

CAVEAT:
The IO, at the time of the AOS can still ask why you decided to enter the US and process AOS even if this intent was disclosed at the POE. You will need to be prepared for this.

DISCLOSURE:
We’ve had previous cases of DV selectees who entered the US on a visitor’s who subsequently successfully processed their selection via AOS without declaring their preconceived AOS intent at the POE.

NOTE:
Should you decide to proceed with entering the US to file for AOS, do make sure you understand the AOS process before doing so. I highly recommend you go through the AOS process spreadsheet to ensure you understand the steps involved.
I more or less understand the process, but if I came let's say on July 1st 2022 - would it be possible to conclude the process by September 30th 2022 or it's not enough time. If I declared the preconceived intent of filing AOS would the officer at the POE let me enter the US? I've heard that it's better not to declare such an intent at the POE and then just "change your mind" to adjust status, because they will most likely turn me back (because it is as you said "considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit").

Thank you in advance :)

I more or less understand the process, but if I came let's say on July 1st 2022 - would it be possible to conclude the process by September 30th 2022 or it's not enough time. If I declared the preconceived intent of filing AOS would the officer at the POE let me enter the US? I've heard that it's better not to declare such an intent at the POE and then just "change your mind" to adjust status, because they will most likely turn me back (because it is as you said "considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit").

Thank you in advance :)
1. It depends on several factors. However in the past, we’ve had cases that became current in September that successfully completed the AOS process on or before the end of the FY.
2. I cannot discuss about not disclosing your preconceived immigrant intent and subsequently claiming a sudden change of mind after entering the US because that amounts to aiding and abetting a fraudulent misuse of a NIV to obtain an immigration benefit on my part, which is a violation of the TOS of this website. I can only guide you based on what the law says. If you subsequently enter the US and decide to proceed with processing AOS, I’ll be happy to answer questions related to the process itself. Nothing outside of that.

Above 7000
Last CN numbers per region
AF - 64000
AS - 32000
EU - 28000
NA - 50
OC - 2600
SA - 3000

Only 3 regions have CN higher 7000 and all of them are current

Some more statistics
Total 129650 winners
53006 winners filled their DS 260
3396 winners - Issued (visa or GC - idk)
1094 winners - Refused
6628 winners have status - Ready, In Transit, Transfer in progress

Data for March 26 2022

Hi @Sm1smom,

I have another two questions about the AOS filing.

1) At request of the receipt to KCC, they answered:

"Thank you for your inquiry.
KCC has received your request. Your adjustment of status receipt was sent to your current postal address on March , 31, 2022. If you do not receive this by April 18, 2022 you must supply KCC with an email address."

Do you think it is wise to re-ask again?
KCC says that the receipt was sent to my home on March 31st. Still, the tracking number of the SAE is not even in the USPS system. Not sure what is going on. If it is a truthful answer or one of the usual template responses.
On the other hand, if they are aware of the existence of the receipt, why not sending it out in the email response?

2) Still regarding the I-693, the current form is expiring in March 2022. However, the new one is not out yet.
Did I understood correctly, from your response, that if a new form comes out by the time I send the package, I shall request the surgeon to fill the new version?

Thank you

Hi @Sm1smom,

KCC has received your request. Your adjustment of status receipt was sent to your current postal address on March , 31, 2022. If you do not receive this by April 18, 2022 you must supply KCC with an email address."

KCC says that the receipt was sent to my home on March 31st. Still, the tracking number of the SAE is not even in the USPS system. Not sure what is going on. If it is a truthful answer or one of the usual template responses.
On the other hand, if they are aware of the existence of the receipt, why not sending it out in the email response?

2) Still regarding the I-693, the current form is expiring in March 2022. However, the new one is not out yet.
Did I understood correctly, from your response, that if a new form comes out by the time I send the package, I shall request the surgeon to fill the new version?

Thank you
1. I think it is wise for you to be P.A.T.I.E.NT at this point. You do realize USPS has not been reliably quick with mail processing/delivery like they used to be a couple of years back? The normal process is for KCC to send back the receipt by mail, (it is not their fault some selectees find themselves under pressure based on the decisions they, the selectees, took leaving them short on time), that is why they responded as they did without automatically sending the receipt as part of their response.

2. If USCIS updates their website to indicate they’re no longer accepting the current I-693 which already contains your completed medical report by the time you’re ready to mail in your AOS package, yes you will need to return to your CS to obtain the medical report on the updated form.

1. I think it is wise for you to be P.A.T.I.E.NT at this point. You do realize USPS has not been reliably quick with mail processing/delivery like they used to be a couple of years back? The normal process is for KCC to send back the receipt by mail

Agreed. My receipt was stamped “paid” the day after it was delivered… still took 4 weeks to get it back in the mail through USPS. I read the timeline of when people recieved their receipt from KCC and it varied but, I don’t have many good things to say about USPS, and whether or not it was KCC slow on sending the receipt back, it was nice to know that they were actually on top of cashing the payment.

Hi @Sm1smom,

Thank you
I asked the KCC about the receipt too. I got the receipt back after the date that they sent it to me about five days later. Then, your receipt will be delivered to you about 7 days after that date. However, just be patient. It also might take a week to two weeks for delivery.