• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

There is a such a concept of management
Solving a problem more difficult than preventing it. In my opinion, KCC is purposefully delaying the process in order to prevent problems that may arise for embassies and KCC in the current situation by delaying the process.
Personally i do not believe any backlog story , and it is more easy for KCC to explain stopped or delayed process in the future with unknown reason than exact reason.
No. KCC is not delaying anything on purpose, they have a high shortage of employees, and I have an official source for this it's Here.

I'm going to write a long summary of this paper later, but it has a lot of good info we didn't know about and a lot of info we know now is wrong.

Reactions: Atg
The maximum time I saw if you didn't open DS after DR: 51 days.
The maximum time I saw if you opened DS after DR: 86 days.
Yep, I got DR September 1st and I've asked them to unlock it on September 3rd since I managed to include my wife but was not able to change the marriage status in mine (as in May when I first sent DS260 we were actually in process to get married), and sent documents in September 28th, but they didn't actually unlock it until November 1st, so I guess that delayed the DQ as you pointed out...

Also wanted to ask: after they unlocked it, I've just modified that bit and submit it again, so right now I see both in 'completed' IV Application Status, so I assume there is nothing else I have to do more than waiting right?

Thanks so much again!

Hello all,

I have a question relating to the education documents we need to take to the interview. In terms of proof of graduation, I have a digital copy of my master's degree certificate (officially supplied by the University, so not just a photo or scan), but no longer have the original document as it was lost while previously moving house. If I print this out in good colour quality, will that be sufficient? If not, does anyone know what would suffice instead?

Thanks in advance
There is an expectation to attend the interview with the original version as issued by the official issuing authority of all the documents one will be using. Contact your school to obtain a replacement version of your Diploma.

Yep, I got DR September 1st and I've asked them to unlock it on September 3rd since I managed to include my wife but was not able to change the marriage status in mine (as in May when I first sent DS260 we were actually in process to get married), and sent documents in September 28th, but they didn't actually unlock it until November 1st, so I guess that delayed the DQ as you pointed out...

Also wanted to ask: after they unlocked it, I've just modified that bit and submit it again, so right now I see both in 'completed' IV Application Status, so I assume there is nothing else I have to do more than waiting right?

Thanks so much again!
Just wait you're all good, best of luck :)

Thanks, but we don't really have High School diplomas in New Zealand. And I don't have any other documentation other than my higher education ones. Might need to contact the embassy.
How about the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA)? Isn't that equivalent of the HS Diploma in New Zealand?

Sorry, I don't have time to read 38 pages of text. If you want, read it and point to the parts which says how they're exactly paid for. I'm sure BritSimon would be impressed.

Yeah, not really impressed. I'm not sure why Omar thinks this is so important. I read it before, nothing much of interest unless you previously had no idea how things work at KCC. And the report is from 2019 - so really not very useful in knowing how they have operated during the pandemic.

As for funding - Consular operations and support is funded (mostly) by visa fees. That isn't a mystery or news - it's common knowledge. Government funding is pretty transparent, so it's all googleable and was described in some of the lawsuits. It's also why KCC and consulates don't stop working during government shutdowns.

KCC operates mainly with contract staff because that is how funding is funneled from DoS. There have been shortfalls in DoS funding since the pandemic, a gap which had to be plugged by special government funding (which I think in the 2021 budget document).

Now - I don't think people should have the impression that DoS/KCC is run like a profit making "business" or anything of that nature. Nor should people assume the direct connection between fees and activity, i.e. they are not sitting waiting for the interview fees to pay the electric bill. However, I do think that their use of contract staff has meant it is easier to reduce resourcing based on lesser work demand. There is always staff attrition, so they probably slowed down replacing people at the very minimum because they would otherwise have to explain why they are keeping contract staff sitting around doing nothing.

Hi friends,
What is the KCC's procedure to deal with unlocked cases?
I saw cases that unlocking proceed their process and some that are really delayed.
I wish @Britsimon would clarify this,
I submitted my forms in May, and it took two months for KCC to unlock my DS,
Now, my case is considered as an August submission... and at this pace, KCC will never reach August! It's not fair :(

There is a LOT of really confused information flying around at the moment in Telegram channels and forums. That's somewhat normal but there are more bad theories than facts.

Some have assumed that all DS260s submitted on a given day will be DR'd the same day. They won't. Some have been further confused when one case appears to have been delayed by an unlock and another doesn't. Well - there was no certainty that the cases would have processed at the same time anyway, so obviously that will add to confusion.

Whether unlocking will delay a case or not depends on the complexity of the case, what the unlock is for and when that happens in relation to the processing of the case. So - there is not going to be a one size fits all answer for this. It will vary, and of course the variation will breed more bad theories...

Thanks for the reply. I certainly have that. I'll double check with the embassy but would you know what kind of proof they would accept for work experience?
This is my problem too since when I went to school it was School C and Bursary which no longer exist in NZ. Hoping my degree (which I cut to size to fit in a frame!!) will do.

There is a LOT of really confused information flying around at the moment in Telegram channels and forums. That's somewhat normal but there are more bad theories than facts.

Some have assumed that all DS260s submitted on a given day will be DR'd the same day. They won't. Some have been further confused when one case appears to have been delayed by an unlock and another doesn't. Well - there was no certainty that the cases would have processed at the same time anyway, so obviously that will add to confusion.

Whether unlocking will delay a case or not depends on the complexity of the case, what the unlock is for and when that happens in relation to the processing of the case. So - there is not going to be a one size fits all answer for this. It will vary, and of course the variation will breed more bad theories...
I'm so grateful for your response dear @Britsimon, your answers, your blog, and your videos are such relief during this whole stressful process of DV.

Hi @Shabnamiii,

@Britsimon does a brilliant job of clarifying everything he is able to. He freely gives of his time and tries to answer as many questions as he can. When KCC work outside of their 'normal' routine it is very difficult for @Britsimon to clarify some things they do because he himself is not sure why they are doing things that do not make sense.

We have learnt so much from @Britsimon through this whole process. He doesn't have all the answers but nor should he be expected to. He does his best. Patience is an attribute you have to have or learn to have and you need to be aware that the process does not always go as anticipated or expected through no fault of your own.

We all learn to live in limbo land, and not makes plans whilst the process runs its course. Don't get me wrong, not having a go. I just completely understand your frustrations, and also at the point where I know stressing about it is fruitless and there is nothing we can do about it.

Cheers
Charli
Agreed with you Charli. @Britsimon has been a tremendous help through all this and im glad to have come across him and follow through his advices, he does so much without asking for anything in return which is so rare these days.
We all can do our part of being mindful, smarter and patient. And read through the forum or his blog to see if things are already answered etc.
All the best to everyone and thanks to @Britsimon and the moderators for answering our questions.

Hi all,

Regarding DQ... how long as maximum may it take?
I've got document requested on September 1st, and I've sent document on September 28th (9 weeks ago already) but didn't get DQ yet. I wrote them and confirmed they've received the documentation...
Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks!!
Hi. I was DRed on 11th of August and send my documents 24th of September. I am still waiting for DQ. It is around 10 weeks now. Didn't open DS.

The maximum time I saw if you didn't open DS after DR: 51 days.
The maximum time I saw if you opened DS after DR: 86 days.
Here you see new maximum: I was DRed 11th of August (Didn't open my DS), sent docs 24th of September, still no DQ (10 weeks now), EU21k.

Hello! I hope someone can answer my question.
I added another family member to my application last week. It is a baby that was born after I submitted DS form back in September. Should I ask KCC to unlock mine and my husband's form son I can update the information about the number of children, or it is enough that I submitted DS for the baby?
Thanks in advance!

Hello! I hope someone can answer my question.
I added another family member to my application last week. It is a baby that was born after I submitted DS form back in September. Should I ask KCC to unlock mine and my husband's form son I can update the information about the number of children, or it is enough that I submitted DS for the baby?
Thanks in advance!
You do need to unlock both you and your spouse’s DS260 forms to update also.