• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Correct the embassy has to be accepting interviews for the interview date to be set... and you can only be interviewed where your permanently live so w cant just pop over to anther consulate for interview.. hoping for some updates from Syd consulate SOON!! I am anxiously refreshing their fb page all day!
@Sil2022 I don't think they will be open by Jan.. I am trying to mentally prepare that it could be well into 2022...
Hi AusOC, Thank you so much. We still learn something new about this system everyday. We appreciate the clarification. It may well be a long way into 2022 unless something changes, there is currently a 3 month backlog for E3 visas alone in Melbourne. I too am checking the US Sydney Consulate facebook page daily for updates. Although someone I know managed to get an emergency E3 interview and is already in the states.

We have been led to believe we can't go for an E3 whilst waiting for our DV Greencard interview because it is considered dual intent, plus Covid makes traveling at the moment risky in case you can't get back for a Greencard interview.

So for all of us we get to play the patient waiting game of sitting in limbo world and not being alb etc make any plans just in case 2NL pops up unexpectedly. :)

Hi AusOC, Thank you so much. We still learn something new about this system everyday. We appreciate the clarification. It may well be a long way into 2022 unless something changes, there is currently a 3 month backlog for E3 visas alone in Melbourne. I too am checking the US Sydney Consulate facebook page daily for updates. Although someone I know managed to get an emergency E3 interview and is already in the states.

We have been led to believe we can't go for an E3 whilst waiting for our DV Greencard interview because it is considered dual intent, plus Covid makes traveling at the moment risky in case you can't get back for a Greencard interview.

So for all of us we get to play the patient waiting game of sitting in limbo world and not being alb etc make any plans just in case 2NL pops up unexpectedly. :)
The good news is I wouldn't base the timelines of IV interviews on the NIV E3 scheduling, I could be wrong in this assumption but I believe they are like a totally separate process/interview system... I also think that the backlog for Melbourne consulate (that they took from Syd) wont be too heavy as of course they were closed for months but it would only have been a month or two of interviews actually scheduled.

At least we will have more info soon from consulate ahead of it opening so we should know when to expect the 2NL when the time comes :)

Hi friends,
What is the KCC's procedure to deal with unlocked cases?
I saw cases that unlocking proceed their process and some that are really delayed.
I wish @Britsimon would clarify this,
I submitted my forms in May, and it took two months for KCC to unlock my DS,
Now, my case is considered as an August submission... and at this pace, KCC will never reach August! It's not fair :(

Hi friends,
I saw cases that unlocking proceed their process and some that are really delayed.
Now, my case is considered as an August submission... and at this pace, KCC will never reach August! It's not fair :(
Hi @Shabnamiii,

@Britsimon does a brilliant job of clarifying everything he is able to. He freely gives of his time and tries to answer as many questions as he can. When KCC work outside of their 'normal' routine it is very difficult for @Britsimon to clarify some things they do because he himself is not sure why they are doing things that do not make sense.

We have learnt so much from @Britsimon through this whole process. He doesn't have all the answers but nor should he be expected to. He does his best. Patience is an attribute you have to have or learn to have and you need to be aware that the process does not always go as anticipated or expected through no fault of your own.

We all learn to live in limbo land, and not makes plans whilst the process runs its course. Don't get me wrong, not having a go. I just completely understand your frustrations, and also at the point where I know stressing about it is fruitless and there is nothing we can do about it.

Cheers
Charli

Hi @Shabnamiii,

@Britsimon does a brilliant job of clarifying everything he is able to. He freely gives of his time and tries to answer as many questions as he can. When KCC work outside of their 'normal' routine it is very difficult for @Britsimon to clarify some things they do because he himself is not sure why they are doing things that do not make sense.

We have learnt so much from @Britsimon through this whole process. He doesn't have all the answers but nor should he be expected to. He does his best. Patience is an attribute you have to have or learn to have and you need to be aware that the process does not always go as anticipated or expected through no fault of your own.

We all learn to live in limbo land, and not makes plans whilst the process runs its course. Don't get me wrong, not having a go. I just completely understand your frustrations, and also at the point where I know stressing about it is fruitless and there is nothing we can do about it.

Cheers
Charli
Thank you, Charli,

I appreciate all the great efforts that Simon does for clarifying the whole process of DV, I just wanted to know if he has any idea, or has any experience about this special issue that many winners face this year. Of course, I have no other choice but patience, but being patient while knowing what the heck is going on is better than waiting in the absolute darkness.

Best regards.

Hi,
Considering the current situation of Covid and its variants, do you think it is possible that the USA will close their borders and that the selected DV2022 will be penalized as in previous years?

Hi Everyone,

Do KCC only schedule interviews (ie send out 2NLs) for a particular consulate office if that office is able to take interviews?

ie for the Oceania region there have been interviews scheduled in London and Suva. However, there have not been any interviews scheduled in Sydney even though CN's are lower and DQ dates are earlier than those with interviews scheduled at other consulates.

cheers
Charli

2022OC2** CN current in November
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
After clarification emails to KCC we received a 'stock standard/tick a box' response saying we are DQ, no DQ date provided. Different to the congratulations you are DQ email.
Im confused about 20th entry, DS submitted in Aug 12th and DR in Aug 19th. Is it correct? What is meant by CN "OC Sub100"?

There is a such a concept of management
Solving a problem more difficult than preventing it. In my opinion, KCC is purposefully delaying the process in order to prevent problems that may arise for embassies and KCC in the current situation by delaying the process.
Personally i do not believe any backlog story , and it is more easy for KCC to explain stopped or delayed process in the future with unknown reason than exact reason.

Hi friends,
Who says its an August submission? A friend if mine submitted early may, unlocked in aug and are already dq / she has a very high cs

Hello all,

I have a question relating to the education documents we need to take to the interview. In terms of proof of graduation, I have a digital copy of my master's degree certificate (officially supplied by the University, so not just a photo or scan), but no longer have the original document as it was lost while previously moving house. If I print this out in good colour quality, will that be sufficient? If not, does anyone know what would suffice instead?

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

I have a question relating to the education documents we need to take to the interview. In terms of proof of graduation, I have a digital copy of my master's degree certificate (officially supplied by the University, so not just a photo or scan), but no longer have the original document as it was lost while previously moving house. If I print this out in good colour quality, will that be sufficient? If not, does anyone know what would suffice instead?

Thanks in advance
You can also qualify by 2 years work experience - you might want to write you your embassy and ask which papers they accept in order to prove that

Hello all,

Thanks in advance
You need high school diploma mainly. They might ask for higher education diplomas as well but high school diploma is enough to be qualified.

You need high school diploma mainly. They might ask for higher education diplomas as well but high school diploma is enough to be qualified.
Thanks, but we don't really have High School diplomas in New Zealand. And I don't have any other documentation other than my higher education ones. Might need to contact the embassy.

You can also qualify by 2 years work experience - you might want to write you your embassy and ask which papers they accept in order to prove that
Thanks for the reply. I certainly have that. I'll double check with the embassy but would you know what kind of proof they would accept for work experience?

Hi all,

Regarding DQ... how long as maximum may it take?
I've got document requested on September 1st, and I've sent document on September 28th (9 weeks ago already) but didn't get DQ yet. I wrote them and confirmed they've received the documentation...
Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply. I certainly have that. I'll double check with the embassy but would you know what kind of proof they would accept for work experience?
It really depends entirely on the country/embassy - but I don't know if a CV would do it, it should be some official paper, like payslips or contracts. I'm in Spain and here they have a kind of paper that is issued by the state (informe vida laboral) that contains your work history, and they accept it in my embassy as proof of work experience, but no idea what it's like in New Zealand.

Hi all,

Regarding DQ... how long as maximum may it take?
I've got document requested on September 1st, and I've sent document on September 28th (9 weeks ago already) but didn't get DQ yet. I wrote them and confirmed they've received the documentation...
Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks!!
The maximum time I saw if you didn't open DS after DR: 51 days.
The maximum time I saw if you opened DS after DR: 86 days.