• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

So apart from the fact have a report that “someone said“ something (I actually laughed out loud at that post.… literally just “someone said” with no indication who, where, what work they had done, like some kind of internet parody post, but I digress)….let’s assume there is some validity in the anonymous statement … If “someone else” pointed out the valid observation that a user here (sorry i forget who) made the other day, that the bulk of DSs were probably submitted in the first few weeks, with obvious conclusions for speed of processing in future months, would you still “give up hope”?
I'd never lose hope, not until September 30th 2022 11:59:50 PM anyway. And i will participate in a class action lawsuit, if it comes to that. As for the posts, subjective opinions containing words like "someone said", "i heard", "a friend told me" etc, cannot really change my understanding of the program, due to the fact that those are unsubstantiated claims based on some recent observations. I simply replied to that post, because i'd found it funny, and decided to use a sarcastic approach.

Hi all,

I am wondering how you guys get your long form birth certificates. I was born in Yemen when my parents used to work there but I left when I was a baby. I was born in the 90s and at that time the concept of records wasn't really a thing in Yemen. I have a complete birth certificate but it is produced by the MOI in Egypt, which is my country of citizenship. It has all necessary info like place of birth, DOB, names of parents, etc.. Would that be usable? I am very confused.

I contacted the embassy of Yemen and they said they do not provide birth certificates and that I have to go get my birth certificate from the authorities in Yemen. The situation in Yemen is very volatile and I am too scared to go there as it is a warzone. Do you have any advice for someone in my situation?

Thank you all!
Nana

I have a question that no one else I believe has asked. Does anyone know the technicality of processing the ds260? I mean when the KCC employee opens the ds260, what does he look at? as we know it 90% of the details are normal details such as passport number, names, travel history, study history, and the security questions at the end of the form which I am sure 99% have answered with NO. Do they send the names for screening with FBI? anything like that and wait for the reply? what are the real steps of processing the ds260?

So apart from the fact have a report that “someone said“ something (I actually laughed out loud at that post.… literally just “someone said” with no indication who, where, what work they had done, like some kind of internet parody post, but I digress)….let’s assume there is some validity in the anonymous statement … If “someone else” pointed out the valid observation that a user here (sorry i forget who) made the other day, that the bulk of DSs were probably submitted in the first few weeks, with obvious conclusions for speed of processing in future months, would you still “give up hope”?
Hi SusieQQQ,

it's a little weird to understand what you meant by this comment, and what it's so funny to laugh out loud with that guy (ME) who just gave his opinion and tries to think logically about the situation we are in.

This bulk thing I said it could have been done in the first weeks of May after 1NL and this referring to statistics makes sense.
The situation is clear now, ds260 processing is delayed due to dv2021 (They started processing dv2022 later than usually).
Ds260 processing will improve in the coming days because the ds260 flow will be decreasing day by day. More good news we are going to expect!

With all due respect!

hi guys , my friend by mistake apply 2 times for dv 2023 , different email but same pic , anything he can do ? like cancel one of them ?

hi guys , my friend by mistake apply 2 times for dv 2023 , different email but same pic , anything he can do ? like cancel one of them ?
I don't like being a bearer of bad news but... if a different email was used for a second entry, he clearly knew, and was completely aware of what he was doing. A duplicate entry will lead to disqualification, the instructions are pretty clear on that.

They're one and the same in this case, don't overthink it. The instruction actually says:
"If you are 16 years of age or older, you must obtain a photocopy of a police certificate from all countries you have lived in ..."
Hello Mom, my wife arrived in Australia from the UK at age 3. I did read the same as you quoted and contemplated getting a PC for her. But then on the reciprocity page for the UK it states;
Available. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in the United Kingdom for six months or more since the age of sixteen are required to obtain a Police Certificate from the Association of Chief Police Officers Criminal Records Office (ACRO).
Conflicting information for sure. But I took the reciprocity page to make sense.
I know you say its better to be safe, but really, for a 3 year old, considering the above??

I don't like being a bearer of bad news but... if a different email was used for a second entry, he clearly knew, and was completely aware of what he was doing. A duplicate entry will lead to disqualification, the instructions are pretty clear on that.
My husband and I used the same Email address in our entry forms for DV 2023..... is that a problem?

Hi Wael,

Thanks for your reply! But what do you mean by "try"? Contact them via phone/mail? I really don't know how to reach them. To be honest I don't even know who "they" are.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean I am sure through your family, there must be known Yemeni people (old friends) where u used to live. from that contact, u need to start searching how u gonna make it. Unfortunately in Yemen due to corruption in the government, u need to pay for anything to get what u want. from my side, I cannot help but try asking ur parents about people who may know still in Yemen and from there u can start the journey to obtain the document. I am giving you the easiest way, Aden city is currently the best place in Yemen to obtain official documents as it is the temporary capital of Yemen. Many government departments are operating there.

My husband and I used the same Email address in our entry forms for DV 2023..... is that a problem?
No, not a problem.
On my previous post i pointed out the email as a reference simply because whoever was submitting two entries was completely aware of the fact that they had already submitted one entry with a different email.

Hi SusieQQQ,

it's a little weird to understand what you meant by this comment, and what it's so funny to laugh out loud with that guy (ME) who just gave his opinion and tries to think logically about the situation we are in.

This bulk thing I said it could have been done in the first weeks of May after 1NL and this referring to statistics makes sense.
The situation is clear now, ds260 processing is delayed due to dv2021 (They started processing dv2022 later than usually).
Ds260 processing will improve in the coming days because the ds260 flow will be decreasing day by day. More good news we are going to expect!

With all due respect!
Did you not understand that the problem I had with that post was that it was just “someone said”? No more info on the someone? Not who, not someone here, not someone on X forum, just “someone”?! It’s like “I read it on the internet so it must be true”.

pS if you were actually the guy I referred to as someone (that I couldn’t remember who) please note I said it was 1. somebody here 2. a valid observation, so please read properly.

Last edited:
If your friend is selected they will do a photo search through the entries and find the duplicate (their software will also find different photos of same person) and he will be disqualified for the duplicate entry.

Hello Mom, my wife arrived in Australia from the UK at age 3. I did read the same as you quoted and contemplated getting a PC for her. But then on the reciprocity page for the UK it states;
Available. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in the United Kingdom for six months or more since the age of sixteen are required to obtain a Police Certificate from the Association of Chief Police Officers Criminal Records Office (ACRO).
Conflicting information for sure. But I took the reciprocity page to make sense.
I know you say its better to be safe, but really, for a 3 year old, considering the above??
Your wife is not currently 3 years old, is she? Anyway, you can decide if you wish to apply for the PCC or not, your call. I would if I was in that situation.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean I am sure through your family, there must be known Yemeni people (old friends) where u used to live. from that contact, u need to start searching how u gonna make it. Unfortunately in Yemen due to corruption in the government, u need to pay for anything to get what u want. from my side, I cannot help but try asking ur parents about people who may know still in Yemen and from there u can start the journey to obtain the document. I am giving you the easiest way, Aden city is currently the best place in Yemen to obtain official documents as it is the temporary capital of Yemen. Many government departments are operating there.
Thank you Wael.

Please keep us updated with both KCC and embassy response to the lack of police certificate?

Hi,

Just wanted to give an update. As previous "I'm from Northern Ireland, single applicant, submitted my DS260 on May 18th, received document request on the 19th of August. Case number: EU15xxx"

Documents sent off - 29th August 2021

Email confirmation from KCC for DQ - 19th October 2021

I've updated this onto the tracker too.

Thanks,
F

Hello everyone, I submitted my DV 2023 yesterday, when I click on submit button, the link continues for more than two hours without feedback for successful submission. It's was getting to 3 hours and I decided to close the page and register again, after I tried to register the second time because the was no feedback for successful registration and therefore no confirmation number.after clicking the submit button, the feedback that came was hat, ' the information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records. Individuals may only submit one entry per Dv. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
Please would that means the first one, I didn't receive a confirmation number was successful?
Please would this case be considered as double registration?
Would this invalidate the first registration?
Please how can I know the confirmation before they release the result?
Thanks.