• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi everyone

Do you know of any case that has had an interview and is still Ready in ceac? my interview was June 8 and I still haven't received information about my passports and in ceac only the update date changes, it's not even in the administrative process. embassy of panama we have 2 months waiting

We attend almost all the cases in Panama the same week and we are all the same, stuck with no progress, almost all of us Ready
I write every 2 weeks and they only reply that my case is still under review
what do you recommend I'm already in panic because time is running out

Thnks and blessings
You seem to be under AP. The CEAC doesn't show it up because perhaps they put you under AP after the interview and forgot to change the status. If they respond that you are under AP, then I guess that's an accurate confirmation.
The CEAC update date changes are infamous for APs. It typically happens whenever your case is opened or reviewed. When you email them, the date changes and those updates are insignificant. More importantly, for cases in DC, if the update is from DC time and not your country, then it is something important from them.
I guess, welcome to the AP club. Depends on the reason, also I've heard they will speed up the resolving of the APs in August and September. So, you need to keep your fingers crossed and follow up in couple of weeks and ask them if there's any documents they need.

You seem to be under AP. The CEAC doesn't show it up because perhaps they put you under AP after the interview and forgot to change the status. If they respond that you are under AP, then I guess that's an accurate confirmation.
The CEAC update date changes are infamous for APs. It typically happens whenever your case is opened or reviewed. When you email them, the date changes and those updates are insignificant. More importantly, for cases in DC, if the update is from DC time and not your country, then it is something important from them.
I guess, welcome to the AP club. Depends on the reason, also I've heard they will speed up the resolving of the APs in August and September. So, you need to keep your fingers crossed and follow up in couple of weeks and ask them if there's any documents they need.

It is strange that they only tell me that they are still under review but do not require any additional document or to fix. The other strange thing is that almost all the cases are the same, only 3 cases issued and 8 still ready, since June, well keep waiting
Thnks a lot

It is strange that they only tell me that they are still under review but do not require any additional document or to fix. The other strange thing is that almost all the cases are the same, only 3 cases issued and 8 still ready, since June, well keep waiting
Thnks a lot
It’s obviously something you can’t provide documents for (or they would have asked), and if it’s the same for a bunch of you then it’s probably somehow related to background checks. Maybe there are delays somewhere in the system in Panama. Speculation of course but seems the most likely reason. Regardless, frustrating as it is all you can do is wait.

It’s obviously something you can’t provide documents for (or they would have asked), and if it’s the same for a bunch of you then it’s probably somehow related to background checks. Maybe there are delays somewhere in the system in Panama. Speculation of course but seems the most likely reason. Regardless, frustrating as it is all you can do is wait.
Thnks susie

Hello guys,

I changed my last name at the age of 17 from "Mergenov" to "Mergen". But in all official documents I am listed with last name "Mergen". Even in a birth certificate, which was reissued after the last name had changed, my last name is Mergen. Questions:

1. Do I need to answer a question "Other name used" in DS-260 as yes?
2. If so, do I need to request police certificates for two surnames?

Thank you

Hello guys,

I changed my last name at the age of 17 from "Mergenov" to "Mergen". But in all official documents I am listed with last name "Mergen". Even in a birth certificate, which was reissued after the last name had changed, my last name is Mergen. Questions:

1. Do I need to answer a question "Other name used" in DS-260 as yes?
2. If so, do I need to request police certificates for two surnames?

Thank you
1. Yes you do.
2. Aren’t you processing AOS? Why are you requesting PCC?

1. Yes you do.
2. Aren’t you processing AOS? Why are you requesting PCC?
Thanks

I have received 2NL about my interview in embassy. One more question, please:

1. I recalled that I answer "No" to the question "No other name used" in my DS-160 form when filling for F1 visa. Will it be reason for denial if I answer "yes" to the same question in DS-260? I did not know that I needed to answer yes to the question when submitting my ds-160.

Last edited:
Thanks

I have received 2NL about my interview in embassy. One more question, please:

1. I recalled that I answer "No" to the question "No other name used" in my DS-160 form when filling for F1 visa. Will it be reason for denial if I answer "yes" to the same question in DS-260? I did not know that I needed to answer yes to the question when submitting my ds-160.
So will you decide to sticking with NO if I say this may now lead to a denial? You have an option to correct the information you previously provided, so go ahead and do the right thing now is all I can tell you.

And to your previous question regarding the PCC, my recommendation is it should be based on the two names.

So will you decide to sticking with NO if I say this may now lead to a denial? You have an option to correct the information you previously provided, so go ahead and do the right thing now is all I can tell you.

And to your previous question regarding the PCC, my recommendation is it should be based on the two names.
Thanks Mom!

Do I need to get a police certificate from US if spent more than a year in US while studying?

My case is refused on CEAC, and then: "A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed....."
Any update?

Hello friends, I have a question. I am AF28**** I have not yet received 2nl, I checked the statistics for my embassy and people with way higher case numbers than mine have received been scheduled for interviews. This worried me, Do I still have a chance of getting 2nl ?

Hello friends, I have a question. I am AF28**** I have not yet received 2nl, I checked the statistics for my embassy and people with way higher case numbers than mine have received been scheduled for interviews. This worried me, Do I still have a chance of getting 2nl ?
Hello Friend. Did you submited your DS 260? Wich month ?

Hi folks, hope you're doing well. I have a quick question re: passports. So basically, we need to have our passports for another unrelated matter on the day of our interview. Is there a chance to keep our passports until later that afternoon and then surrender them afterwards or the morning after? We'll reach out to the embassy as well, but we're just wondering whether anyone had a similar experience.

Also, re: proof of completing a 4-year full time high-school education. We are having a hard time coming up with this (we have a final confirmation but not all 4 individual years). I read on the forum that this is a must. But I also read that "University degrees qualify for the DV program." So, according to this logic, presenting a university diploma would be sufficient? Or not?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi folks, hope you're doing well. I have a quick question re: passports. So basically, we need to have our passports for another unrelated matter on the day of our interview. Is there a chance to keep our passports until later that afternoon and then surrender them afterwards or the morning after? We'll reach out to the embassy as well, but we're just wondering whether anyone had a similar experience.

Also, re: proof of completing a 4-year full time high-school education. We are having a hard time coming up with this (we have a final confirmation but not all 4 individual years). I read on the forum that this is a must. But I also read that "University degrees qualify for the DV program." So, according to this logic, presenting a university diploma would be sufficient? Or not?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.
First question: Yes you can. But, they won't issue you a visa unless they have your passports. It can definitely delay you and given Frankfurt's load this could cause even further delays. So, whatever you wanna keep the passports for means that you are putting your case under some risk.

Second question: No-one says anything about 4 year high-school education. They wanna see a minimum of an equivalent of a 12 year American high school which would qualify one for college/university. And yes, I think University degrees mostly qualify especially in countries where the education is deemed to have high standards but it's better to also take your high school diploma with you too. Some embassies may take just the university degree and some may wanna see the high-school diploma. But, I do think in Germany they may be satisfied with the university diploma. It's best to over-prepare.

First question: Yes you can. But, they won't issue you a visa unless they have your passports. It can definitely delay you and given Frankfurt's load this could cause even further delays. So, whatever you wanna keep the passports for means that you are putting your case under some risk.

Second question: No-one says anything about 4 year high-school education. They wanna see a minimum of an equivalent of a 12 year American high school which would qualify one for college/university. And yes, I think University degrees mostly qualify especially in countries where the education is deemed to have high standards but it's better to also take your high school diploma with you too. Some embassies may take just the university degree and some may wanna see the high-school diploma. But, I do think in Germany they may be satisfied with the university diploma. It's best to over-prepare.
Thanks so much for your input. Basically, we need to sign a contract with a notary public present and they want to see our original passports for this. We tried really hard to schedule it before the interview, but they didn't have any other slots. We would just drop off the passports the afternoon of our interview, if that's a possibility (we would also have them that morning, during the interview).
Thanks, we will take the university diploma with us and see whether that works. We've also requested HS diplomas, but it might take a while to get new ones.
Thanks again, I hope your case is going well. :)

Thanks so much for your input. Basically, we need to sign a contract with a notary public present and they want to see our original passports for this. We tried really hard to schedule it before the interview, but they didn't have any other slots. We would just drop off the passports the afternoon of our interview, if that's a possibility (we would also have them that morning, during the interview).
Thanks, we will take the university diploma with us and see whether that works. We've also requested HS diplomas, but it might take a while to get new ones.
Thanks again, I hope your case is going well. :)
Good luck with the interview. For like 100% you must present your passports during the interview. They may not even conduct it if you don't have the passport with you. I guess they may be cool with you dropping it off later during the day. I would recommend that once the German person takes your passports and other documents, do let him/her know about the issue.
I would suggest you also bring some informal (e.g. copy, scan, etc) of the diploma with you. But as I mentioned, I'd highly doubt that they'd even look at it. During my interview, they just wanted to see my highest degree.
Anyways, good luck with the interview. As long as you have the bare minimum of documents, have followed the instructions and have no crimes you'll get issued. The rest is just over-preparing which is good, but be chilled.

Last edited: