• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi guys, my interview is scheduled for the 25th of July in Frankfurt, and I have a question. I have all the necessary documents, did the medical exam and all that, but last minute I realised I'd forgotten my High School Diploma in my home country. I had it shipped with DHL Express, but of course they were late and it says it will be delivered on the 25th which is my interview date.

Now, my question is will I get rejected for not being able to produce the original copy of my HS Diploma (obviously I will take photocopies) on my interview date, or can I give it to them at a later date?

Hi, I have a question about the I134 again:

Just to confirm something for the I134:

a) If the sponsor is a USC, do I need his passport? I have his driving license (California) but realised it doesn't show his citizenship.

b) Does the beneficiary (me) need to sign it? My common sense says so but I think I shouldn't. It's supposed to be signed by him only.

Hi guys, my interview is scheduled for the 25th of July in Frankfurt, and I have a question. I have all the necessary documents, did the medical exam and all that, but last minute I realised I'd forgotten my High School Diploma in my home country. I had it shipped with DHL Express, but of course they were late and it says it will be delivered on the 25th which is my interview date.

Now, my question is will I get rejected for not being able to produce the original copy of my HS Diploma (obviously I will take photocopies) on my interview date, or can I give it to them at a later date?
No, you will not outrightly get rejected. Worse case scenario, they will request you present it at some other time.

a) If the sponsor is a USC, do I need his passport? I have his driving license (California) but realised it doesn't show his citizenship.

b) Does the beneficiary (me) need to sign it? My common sense says so but I think I shouldn't. It's supposed to be signed by him only.
1. That should be okay.
2. Sponsor signs the form.

Fyi: You can actually tell quite a bit about residence documentation from a CA DL. As long as it doesn’t say “federal limits apply“ at the top right, which it won’t if he’s a citizen, it should be ok, even better if there’s a bear with a star on its backside top right :)

Fyi: You can actually tell quite a bit about residence documentation from a CA DL. As long as it doesn’t say “federal limits apply“ at the top right, which it won’t if he’s a citizen, it should be ok, even better if there’s a bear with a star on its backside top right :)
Hi Susie! I had a question about this, I got my CA DL while on my J1 Visa so it does have the "FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY" in the top right. I am moving back in October now that my DV interview has been successful. My understanding is that having that message on it means you cant use it for travel within the US so we require our passports, and if we don't have that message we can use it as a kind of passport for interstate travel?

Once I am back as a permanent resident am I able to request a new license from the DMV without that message on it? Or do I have to wait until it expires and have it removed when I get it renewed? Or is the ones without the message only for Citizens and not permanent residents?

Hi Susie! I had a question about this, I got my CA DL while on my J1 Visa so it does have the "FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY" in the top right. I am moving back in October now that my DV interview has been successful. My understanding is that having that message on it means you cant use it for travel within the US so we require our passports, and if we don't have that message we can use it as a kind of passport for interstate travel?

Once I am back as a permanent resident am I able to request a new license from the DMV without that message on it? Or do I have to wait until it expires and have it removed when I get it renewed? Or is the ones without the message only for Citizens and not permanent residents?
Federal limits apply means you can’t use it as federal identification. You can certainly apply for a real ID license with a green card when you get back. See the requirements here: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/driver-licenses-identification-cards/real-id/

Hi there!

I am in an unusual situation - i got my interview date in 5 weeks which is great news. However a lot has changed in my personal life and currently i am considering to not move to the US. Because of that i do not need and want my green card anymore.

What is the best way to deal with this situation? What happens if i dont show up to my interview? Can i maybe even cancel it?

I remember that i read somewhere that the visa/greencard will be marked denied and stay on my record forever. However other people tell me to just dont show up and it will be no big issue

I need a clean "visa record" as i might need to travel to the US in the future.

Hi there!

I am in an unusual situation - i got my interview date in 5 weeks which is great news. However a lot has changed in my personal life and currently i am considering to not move to the US. Because of that i do not need and want my green card anymore.

What is the best way to deal with this situation? What happens if i dont show up to my interview? Can i maybe even cancel it?

I remember that i read somewhere that the visa/greencard will be marked denied and stay on my record forever. However other people tell me to just dont show up and it will be no big issue

I need a clean "visa record" as i might need to travel to the US in the future.
Contact the consulate (there should be email and/or phone contacts on their website, or possibly even on your 2NL) and tell them you no longer wish to immigrate to the US and want to cancel the appointment. Apart from the fact that it’s rude to just no-show, it’s possible there is a waiting list for appointments and someone else might be able to use the slot. Plus, the benefit for you in wanting to travel to the US at some future stage is that you will have officially communicated that you no longer have an interest in immigrating.

I'm trying to write a post, but it keeps giving out warnings about spam like content? Anyhow, how do I reach someone from the Frankfurt embassy? Their email redirects us to the visa navigator and there isn't even a menu to choose from when you call. There's just a vmail with a general message.

I'm trying to write a post, but it keeps giving out warnings about spam like content? Anyhow, how do I reach someone from the Frankfurt embassy? Their email redirects us to the visa navigator and there isn't even a menu to choose from when you call. There's just a vmail with a general message.

FrankfurtVisaInquiries (at) state . gov

They replied within a day a week ago! Just be careful to use the correct formatting which you can find in the visa navigator

I finally received my interview date (9/19) in Frankfurt. However, there are no medicals available until October/November.. if anyone here has one scheduled before my interview date but cannot attend, could you please let me know so I can take it over? Thanks!

FrankfurtVisaInquiries (at) state . gov

They replied within a day a week ago! Just be careful to use the correct formatting which you can find in the visa navigator
Yeah, I have the email, but not sure about correct formatting. When I access visa navigator, it just gives me some options to choose from and when I choose 'info about medical exam' or something along those lines, I just get a message telling me that it's not necessary to complete it prior to the appointment and that my response has been recorded. I don't get it.

I finally received my interview date (9/19) in Frankfurt. However, there are no medicals available until October/November.. if anyone here has one scheduled before my interview date but cannot attend, could you please let me know so I can take it over? Thanks!

Did you call all 4 doctors? I believe they are in Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich and Hamburg

If you schedule an appointment on doctolib for Frankfurt or Berlin you can activate notifications if earlier appointments are available. You need to be really quick then!

Got my medical appointment this way a few days after I received the 2NL.

Hi @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom thanks for your guidance since the early days of DV22. Now I have met my two-year home-residence requirement for my last J1 visa and have an interview scheduled for August in Freetown. All my documents are intact, and good to go based on the requirements for the DV visa. But I have one concern. In my last application for J1 visa, in 2019, I was placed on AP some few days after I had gone for the interview and the CO had approved the visa. I was asked to complete the DS5535 and I waited for nearly 3 months before I was asked to resubmit my passport for issuance. It is my understanding that once an applicant has been subjected to AP in the past, there is a high likelihood he could face the same challenges in the future.
(a) Given my previous experiences and indeed the recent trend in AP for many DV22 applicants, does it make sense to preemptively complete the DS5535 and present it during my interview? Will that help my case move faster even if I take this pre-emptive action? What is your take on this?
(b) Does printing the air tickets from my return trip to my home country and presenting my passport which has had no activity for the past 2 years suffice as proof of meeting my two-year home-residence requirement? What other ways can I prove that?

Hi @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom thanks for your guidance since the early days of DV22. Now I have met my two-year home-residence requirement for my last J1 visa and have an interview scheduled for August in Freetown. All my documents are intact, and good to go based on the requirements for the DV visa. But I have one concern. In my last application for J1 visa, in 2019, I was placed on AP some few days after I had gone for the interview and the CO had approved the visa. I was asked to complete the DS5535 and I waited for nearly 3 months before I was asked to resubmit my passport for issuance. It is my understanding that once an applicant has been subjected to AP in the past, there is a high likelihood he could face the same challenges in the future.
(a) Given my previous experiences and indeed the recent trend in AP for many DV22 applicants, does it make sense to preemptively complete the DS5535 and present it during my interview? Will that help my case move faster even if I take this pre-emptive action? What is your take on this?
(b) Does printing the air tickets from my return trip to my home country and presenting my passport which has had no activity for the past 2 years suffice as proof of meeting my two-year home-residence requirement? What other ways can I prove that?
1. I honestly don’t know if doing that may be a good idea or not, in general the recommendation is to not provide unsolicited information. However, I don’t know if doing so in this case may be good or bad.
2. In addition to those, I recommend having documentary evidence of what you’ve been doing for the past two years.

Did you call all 4 doctors? I believe they are in Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich and Hamburg
I'm going through the same thing so I thought I might as well add my experience. The medical offices in Frankfurt and Berlin are booking appointments exclusively via Doctolib and the earliest dates in the system are in October and November, respectively. The Hamburg one is fully booked through the end of September and the Munich one said that we should get in touch with them again in August.

In addition to what mom said, I would bring a completed ds5535 but not present it unless asked for.