• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

1. I honestly don’t know if doing that may be a good idea or not, in general the recommendation is to not provide unsolicited information. However, I don’t know if doing so in this case may be good or bad.
2. In addition to those, I recommend having documentary evidence of what you’ve been doing for the past two years.
thanks for this @Sm1smom. Will print it out and only present when needed

Hii everyone,

We had our interview at the end of June at CSB Consulate. It was easy and comfortable but we could only get comfortable in real sense at the end of interview.

We were able to hear the one of the CO's voice through a electronic speaker while he was was interviewing the others. It was not that much clear yet we could hear him. All the three CO were communicating in Arabic too with the selectees who could not speak English.There were 3 windows for interview, one window for payment of fees and may be two windows for document submission and all these windows were in in one line.

CO greeted us and asked us whether we were comfortable. He asked us various questions about education, current work profile and the field we are going to work in US. My husband is Indian, CO asked him that how long he has been in Morocco and what he was doing nowdays. He also asked where we will be going to stay in US and whats the reason. At the start itself he says thanks to us for bringing all PCC as we had PCC from India, Oman and Morocco. He checked our bank statements and came to the main point and said, "We dont want immigrants to stay on the streets once they come to US and we want to make sure that the immigrant has sufficient amount of money OR support in back up" And then he made a rough calculations for everything and told us that the cash money that we have may be enough for maximum two months which includes hotel, food and other expenses. He showed this concern because we didnt had any host. The cash we shown was around $12 K. Then he politely asked whether we have any other asset which can be shown. Upon that we removed the I-134 and gave to him where he was exited to see and wrapped up all the documents and told us us that the previous question with regards to this ends here. Further he just asked whats the relationship with the sponsor. He congratulated us and told us that we will receive our passports by Aramex and returned back our originals to us and retained all the translations with him.

Our visa status changed at CEAC website within a week and within couple of days passports were collected by us.

Some other things would like to mention about other selectees,

Few selectees shown like $ 3K, 4K and 5k provided they had host. And those were granted visa. One has nothing to show and they gave him 221(g) and ask him if he can arrange may be around 3k to 4K and send bank statement. Later this guy was also granted visa upon submitting his bank bank statements. One of the couple was asked to send previous marriage certificate even though they had brought with them the previous divorce certificate of one of them. CO' were also asking few guys that how you will manage if you dont speak english, then everyone was replying that we are learning.

It was a very good different kind of experience which worth to be share with everyone out here who are still waiting for their interview. I hope this will give them a glimpse of the situation and preparation.

Also would like to add something about medical, the selectees or derivatives whoever have any past history of any communicable diseas or major sickness or surgery then it is mandatory to bring a doctor's detailed certificate of treatment athe medical centre. It doesn't add any negative effects to the medical exam but it makes the time easy.

Finally would like to thanks from bottom of heart people from this forum who helped US lot with their advices and precious answers to our question time to time in whole span of almost over a year, specially Mr. Brit Simon, Sm1som and SusieQQQ for their invaluable help. We will be always thankful to you all guys.

Hii everyone,

We had our interview at the end of June at CSB Consulate. It was easy and comfortable but we could only get comfortable in real sense at the end of interview.

We were able to hear the one of the CO's voice through a electronic speaker while he was was interviewing the others. It was not that much clear yet we could hear him. All the three CO were communicating in Arabic too with the selectees who could not speak English.There were 3 windows for interview, one window for payment of fees and may be two windows for document submission and all these windows were in in one line.

CO greeted us and asked us whether we were comfortable. He asked us various questions about education, current work profile and the field we are going to work in US. My husband is Indian, CO asked him that how long he has been in Morocco and what he was doing nowdays. He also asked where we will be going to stay in US and whats the reason. At the start itself he says thanks to us for bringing all PCC as we had PCC from India, Oman and Morocco. He checked our bank statements and came to the main point and said, "We dont want immigrants to stay on the streets once they come to US and we want to make sure that the immigrant has sufficient amount of money OR support in back up" And then he made a rough calculations for everything and told us that the cash money that we have may be enough for maximum two months which includes hotel, food and other expenses. He showed this concern because we didnt had any host. The cash we shown was around $12 K. Then he politely asked whether we have any other asset which can be shown. Upon that we removed the I-134 and gave to him where he was exited to see and wrapped up all the documents and told us us that the previous question with regards to this ends here. Further he just asked whats the relationship with the sponsor. He congratulated us and told us that we will receive our passports by Aramex and returned back our originals to us and retained all the translations with him.

Our visa status changed at CEAC website within a week and within couple of days passports were collected by us.

Few selectees shown like $ 3K, 4K and 5k provided they had host. And those were granted visa. One has nothing to show and they gave him 221(g) and ask him if he can arrange may be around 3k to 4K and send bank statement. Later this guy was also granted visa upon submitting his bank bank statements. One of the couple was asked to send previous marriage certificate even though they had brought with them the previous divorce certificate of one of them. CO' were also asking few guys that how you will manage if you dont speak english, then everyone was replying that we are learning.

It was a very good different kind of experience which worth to be share with everyone out here who are still waiting for their interview. I hope this will give them a glimpse of the situation and preparation.

Also would like to add something about medical, the selectees or derivatives whoever have any past history of any communicable diseas or major sickness or surgery then it is mandatory to bring a doctor's detailed certificate of treatment athe medical centre. It doesn't add any negative effects to the medical exam but it makes the time easy.

Finally would like to thanks from bottom of heart people from this forum who helped US lot with their advices and precious answers to our question time to time in whole span of almost over a year, specially Mr. Brit Simon, Sm1som and SusieQQQ for their invaluable help. We will be always thankful to you all guys.
Great (detailed) update. Demonstrates the importance of being prepared with a highly recommended financial backup plan for the interview. Congratulations.

Hii everyone,

Great detailed review - thank you for posting that, and congratulations on the visa!

PS re the comment about marriage certificate/divorce certificate- may I urge everyone to carefully read the civil documents requirements (it is quite clear that you need to bring marriage certificates from all prior marriages as well as any documents - divorce, death certificate etc - showing if they have ended)

Great detailed review - thank you for posting that, and congratulations on the visa!

PS re the comment about marriage certificate/divorce certificate- may I urge everyone to carefully read the civil documents requirements (it is quite clear that you need to bring marriage certificates from all prior marriages as well as any documents - divorce, death certificate etc - showing if they have ended)
Thank you o much!

Hi everyone,

1. May I come back to Morocco after activating my visa in US and my husband stays back there ? (I want to come back for two or three months to finish child adoption process)

2. May we book separate plane ticket for same flight for US? (me return journey and my husband single journey-just to save money)

3. We will get back our original translations? (in yellow envelope which has to be handed over to Immigration officer at airport)

4. How to find a rental house without credit core and being a fresh immigrant without confirmed job?

5. Any forum is there where cheap rentals of living space ads or ideas are shared?

Thank you so much.

Hi everyone,

1. May I come back to Morocco after activating my visa in US and my husband stays back there ? (I want to come back for two or three months to finish child adoption process)

2. May we book separate plane ticket for same flight for US? (me return journey and my husband single journey-just to save money)

3. We will get back our original translations? (in yellow envelope which has to be handed over to Immigration officer at airport)

4. How to find a rental house without credit core and being a fresh immigrant without confirmed job?

5. Any forum is there where cheap rentals of living space ads or ideas are shared?

Thank you so much.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

guys after I won the lottery and submitted my DS-260, I made a fake email to inquire about something to kcc and to post something on Facebook ( the email and Facebook are with different names from my name)

of course, the email I created and Facebook account I did not include in the ds because I created them after submitting the ds in three months

my interview is at the end of September, should I delete the account and forget about it? or should I add them to my ds before the interview knowing they have different names? and could I be rejected from such a thing?

guys after I won the lottery and submitted my DS-260, I made a fake email to inquire about something to kcc and to post something on Facebook ( the email and Facebook are with different names from my name)

of course, the email I created and Facebook account I did not include in the ds because I created them after submitting the ds in three months

my interview is at the end of September, should I delete the account and forget about it? or should I add them to my ds before the interview knowing they have different names? and could I be rejected from such a thing?
The question is why did you feel a need to create some fake accounts in the first place knowing you were supposed to list your social media handles on your DS260 for the immigration process you were going through?

The question is why did you feel a need to create some fake accounts in the first place knowing you were supposed to list your social media handles on your DS260 for the immigration process you were going through?
i needed to ask something anonymously

Hi everyone,

I have a question, a little beyond the normal scope of this forum but there is a red flag here for me, are you planning to bring this adopted child to the US? If so, did you discuss with the CO? I’m assuming if you did discuss with the CO, you understand the process. If you did not discuss with the CO, are you aware what the requirements for being able to petition an adopted child for immigration into the US are?

Hi everyone

Do you know of any case that has had an interview and is still Ready in ceac? my interview was June 8 and I still haven't received information about my passports and in ceac only the update date changes, it's not even in the administrative process. embassy of panama we have 2 months waiting

We attend almost all the cases in Panama the same week and we are all the same, stuck with no progress, almost all of us Ready
I write every 2 weeks and they only reply that my case is still under review
what do you recommend I'm already in panic because time is running out

Thnks and blessings