• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi guys!
In May, my husband and I were interviewed at the Consulate in Warsaw. After the interview, the consul sent our case for administrative processing. And the case is still under administrative processing.

Do I get it right? if the decision is made after September 30, that is, at the end of the fiscal year, then the immigrant visa will be denied due to the delay.
It's very embarrassing. After all, we did everything that was required of us, collected the documents, came to the interview, went to bed on time, and we were not asked for additional documents. This is not fair.
The verification period does not depend on me? is there anything i can do about my situation? Can I write somewhere?

Hello everyone,
Can someone give me a hint: how are my chances to be reduced to pass the interview if one of my police clearance is missing? I should have an interview in Abu Dhabi and need the police clearance from Qatar, but Qatari embassy is not functioning in UAE and visas to Qatar are suspended due to upcoming FIFA (I’ve tried to fly, but been stopped at departure). Applied on it from Qatari embassy in my home country and they promised in three months only. Just afraid, it won’t be ready by September…

Hi guys!
In May, my husband and I were interviewed at the Consulate in Warsaw. After the interview, the consul sent our case for administrative processing. And the case is still under administrative processing.

Do I get it right? if the decision is made after September 30, that is, at the end of the fiscal year, then the immigrant visa will be denied due to the delay.
It's very embarrassing. After all, we did everything that was required of us, collected the documents, came to the interview, went to bed on time, and we were not asked for additional documents. This is not fair.
The verification period does not depend on me? is there anything i can do about my situation? Can I write somewhere?
It’s not unusual for administrative processing to take a few weeks or months. Hard to know what the reason for the AP is from what you’ve said. Have you followed up with the consulate?

Hello guys, my friend who is Dvlottery 2022 has received his interview appointment today july 12 and his interview is July 14 after two days he hasn’t done his medical examination and there is no time left to do since his interview is Thursday. His documents are ready what option do you guys think he has. Can he enter the interview and get the medical examination letter.7696C45B-D2FA-4E4A-8EBE-F60151C53F1D.jpegC52B2661-02A8-4ACB-BC86-3962A1F12D7F.jpeg

Hello guys, my friend who is Dvlottery 2022 has received his interview appointment today july 12 and his interview is July 14 after two days he hasn’t done his medical examination and there is no time left to do since his interview is Thursday. His documents are ready what option do you guys think he has. Can he enter the interview and get the medical examination letter.View attachment 3636View attachment 3637
They should allow him in without the documents with such short notice of his interview, yes he can submit the medicals later. Assuming everything else is good, they will place him on administrative processing until they get the medicals.

They should allow him in without the documents with such short notice of his interview, yes he can submit the medicals later. Assuming everything else is good, they will place him on administrative processing until they get the medicals.
Thanks SussieQQQ, there is one more problem and that is his case number is showing still at NVC and he can’t create his DHL carrier appointment, every time he tried it says your case number is not ready for interview. Do you think that would also cause a delay because that is the only way the embassy delivery’s the passport and the documents

Thanks SussieQQQ, there is one more problem and that is his case number is showing still at NVC and he can’t create his DHL carrier appointment, every time he tried it says your case number is not ready for interview. Do you think that would also cause a delay because that is the only way the embassy delivery’s the passport and the documents
Every embassy is different in terms of processes but I’ve never heard of any where you can organize DHL before you have an interview scheduled. At my embassy the dhl was only organized at the end of the interview.

Hello everyone, thanks for all the information on this site.
Had my Interview 2 weeks ago and everything went well. One question remain, the immigrant visa in my passport is valid for six months
from the time of medical test. what would happen if i couldn`t make it (for personal reason) within this time to enter the US? would the green card expire?

thank you and best regards

Had my Interview 2 weeks ago and everything went well. One question remain, the immigrant visa in my passport is valid for six months
from the time of medical test. what would happen if i couldn`t make it (for personal reason) within this time to enter the US? would the green card expire?

You do not currently have a GC, all you have as of now is an immigrant visa. If you do not enter the US before the visa expires, that basically will be the end of your DV selection.

Hello everyone,
Can someone give me a hint: how are my chances to be reduced to pass the interview if one of my police clearance is missing? I should have an interview in Abu Dhabi and need the police clearance from Qatar, but Qatari embassy is not functioning in UAE and visas to Qatar are suspended due to upcoming FIFA (I’ve tried to fly, but been stopped at departure). Applied on it from Qatari embassy in my home country and they promised in three months only. Just afraid, it won’t be ready by September…
Guys,
Would really appreciate any input!

You just have to worry about the expiry date on the visa and enter by then.

It’s not unusual for administrative processing to take a few weeks or months. Hard to know what the reason for the AP is from what you’ve said. Have you followed up with the consulate?
At the interview, the consul said that he had all the necessary documents, but your case still needs to be sent an administrative processing. It will take from one day to 3 days. Additional documents were not requested. We call and write to the consulate on a regular basis. They answer this: "We are not able to predict how long the administrative processing will take. If a decision is back after September 30, 2022, we won’t be able to issue you the immigrant visas."

But why can we miss the fiscal year due to their administrative processing? it's so unfair!

At the interview, the consul said that he had all the necessary documents, but your case still needs to be sent an administrative processing. It will take from one day to 3 days. Additional documents were not requested. We call and write to the consulate on a regular basis. They answer this: "We are not able to predict how long the administrative processing will take. If a decision is back after September 30, 2022, we won’t be able to issue you the immigrant visas."

But why can we miss the fiscal year due to their administrative processing? it's so unfair!
It is actually not "their" administrative processing - it is more of an administrative processing being conducted on "you/your" case. It sounds like "your" background check clearance is pending, a situation not necessarily under the embassy's control, hence their inability to predict how long the administrative processing will take. There could be a couple of other organizations involved, it all depends on what the initial background revealed at the end of your interview. So you basically just need to remain patient at this point and hope for the best.

Hi Vicnic
My casé is similar to yours. Are you AP on Ceac? They never told me i was going to AP they just said: were check some minimal notes on the SYSTEM, since them im Ready on Ceac June 8th was my interview in Panama city

It is actually not "their" administrative processing - it is more of an administrative processing being conducted on "you/your" case. It sounds like "your" background check clearance is pending, a situation not necessarily under the embassy's control, hence their inability to predict how long the administrative processing will take. There could be a couple of other organizations involved, it all depends on what the initial background revealed at the end of your interview. So you basically just need to remain patient at this point and hope for the best.
Thank you!

Hi Vicnic
My casé is similar to yours. Are you AP on Ceac? They never told me i was going to AP they just said: were check some minimal notes on the SYSTEM, since them im Ready on Ceac June 8th was my interview in Panama city
My case is refused on CEAC, and then: "A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed....."

Hello everyone,
I think there may be a way to get the PCC sooner. Just a suggestion. It goes like this:

-You find someone in Qatar willing to get the PCC on behalf of you. (It could be a friend or perhaps a notary)
-You go to a Qatari consulate/embassy in a nearby country and give that person a permission. It's called different names in different countries (e.g. Permission of attorney).
-You post the person (DHL) the permission document and all the documents.
-The person applies for the PCC on behalf of you.
-The person posts you the PCC (DHL).

You need to make the emails and ask the Qatari PCC issuance agency, the embassies nearby, etc to see if these things work and what documents they need.