• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Guys I want to share my interview experience with you and thank all of you for your help! We couldn't have done it without you, especially a humongous thanks to @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @Britsimon ❤️❤️❤️

CN: 2022 EU19xxx
DS260 Submission date: 11 May 2021
DS260 unlock : 27 August 2021
DQ (documents) : 27 September 2021
2NL: 24 April 2022
Interview : 19 May 9h30

We got at the embassy at 8h30, there was a large queue and they told us to wait in the queue, then a lady came asking every person what their situation was, and she told us to come back at 9,9:15. So we did, and we passed directly inside without queueing.

We passed the security check, they took our phones, and we only had our documents with us as they didn't allow entry with other bags or backpacks. We had left those in a coffee place across the street.

We passed another queue and we were handed an envelope on which we were asked to write our names, address and phone number, then took the envelope and gave us a number.

The room was quite small and there were a lot of windows, so we were quite confused but a lady informed someone at one of the windows that we were there for the dv lottery visa and told us to wait, to not mind the queues, and told us we will be called.

Soon enough we were called to one window where we were asked to produce the documents. The lady was Spanish and didn't know very well the documents that she needed but she had someone instructing her. She took all our documents and then told us we need to send them a more recent French police certificate. (I had lived in France 4 years ago and obtained the certificate in 2021,but had since been back in France for 2 short trips.) lucky I had foreseen this and obtained a new certificate 2 days before the interview which I hadn't even managed to translate, but they luckily accepted it!

Then we went to pay at the counter, in euros (if you pay in cash you need to have exact change, which we didn't so we needed to go out, change and come back)

We then gave the receipt to the 1st counter and the lady informed us where we need to wait for the interview.

We were finally called at the last counter where a nice American man made us take an oath, took our biometrics and then asked 2 questions - where did I study, and to my husband, what does he work as.

Then he said, well everything looks good to me, so your visas are approved, and gave us a white paper that said welcome to the United States. My eyes were full of happy tears by this moment and the CO was smiling ear to ear, told us we can expect our visas in 1-2 weeks.

That was it! Didn't ask for any bank statements or i-134 although we had them prepared.

Good luck to everyone here, overprepare always and be confident that things will turn out good!

Hi everyone, I have interview coming soon in 10 days or so, already got flight tickets (interview in another country). My Ceas status was 'Ready' and now I just checked and it says 'Refused'. I'm shocked, refused prior interview? My 2nl still has interview date and time. Does anyone know what it means? What should I do?

Hello everyone,
I've got to know that I was selected for DV lottery2022 just May 8, 2022... I have submitted my DS260 Mat 12, my CN is 2022EU16XXX. I am located in Dubai and assigned for Abu Dhabi embassy. The status shows that my application still with KCC. Few questions here:
1. Am I too late for review my application?
2. Shall I wait for the welcome letter to submit my supporting documents or I have to submit it right away? And what. is the way to submit it?
3. If anyone from UAE was able to get police clearance from Qatar? As consulate of Qatar is closed here, or I have to travel all the way there to get it? If it will be not possible, will KCC accept the explanation?

Appreciate anyone who can clear that questions!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I've got to know that I was selected for DV lottery2022 just May 8, 2022... I have submitted my DS260 Mat 12, my CN is 2022EU16XXX. I am located in Dubai and assigned for Abu Dhabi embassy. The status shows that my application still with KCC. Few questions here:
1. Am I too late for review my application?
2. Shall I wait for the welcome letter to submit my supporting documents or I have to submit it right away? And what. is the way to submit it?
3. If anyone from UAE was able to get police clearance from Qatar? As consulate of Qatar is closed here, or I have to travel all the way there to get it? If it will be not possible, will KCC accept the explanation?

Appreciate anyone who can clear that questions!
1. It’s cutting it fine but you should be in time to make it for DV, assuming that there is capacity at Abu Dhabi embassy. If I were you I would email KCC to confirm they have received and are processing your DS, because they are getting lots of Dv2023 submissions right now.
2. Document submission process is currently suspended (see https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/diversity-visa-2022-update.html ) so you just need to wait for an interview letter. You will present documents at an interview.
3. You should always check the DoS reciprocity tables for official guidance. According to this (scroll down to correct section), you can apply by mail or get someone you know in Qatar to apply for you https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Qatar.html

Hey guys!
We received our passports super fast (just 2 working days after the interview!) - but we notice the expiry date for the visa is August 11. It's not a problem for us, as we will enter in July, but wasn't it supposed to be valid for 6 months?

Hey guys!
We received our passports super fast (just 2 working days after the interview!) - but we notice the expiry date for the visa is August 11. It's not a problem for us, as we will enter in July, but wasn't it supposed to be valid for 6 months?
The validity should be from the medical date until six months after.
I'd assume your medical was issued on about 11 February. Which would imply you were sent a 2Nl around then, so the interview should have been for March. Which absolutely doesn't make sense to me. You can ask the embassy/consulate for clarification. I recommend that you do ask them in case they made some mix-up and may need some correction. It shouldn't affect your status, but just in case their mix-up extends beyond the expiry date of visa and could cause trouble when you enter the US.

Good morning to all. I wanted to ask a couple of questions. Just to put some context, we have already received the 2NL and we have the interview in July:

1- My husband's mother just passed away, is it enough to bring the death certificate to the interview for them to change on the file and put that she is deceased or do we have to ask them to open the DS-260 for us to change it?

2- With the passing of my mother-in-law, our trip will be delayed for a few months until we get all the paperwork ready here. In theory we have 6 months from the medical review but, 6 months to enter for the first time and activate it or 6 months in which the provisional visa is valid ? I mean, can we activate the visa in September, go back to our country of origin, and enter definitively in March for example ? I have seen the visa of a friend and at the bottom of the page it says: serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year. Hence my confusion. The GCs are sent to a friend's house, but we do not know if with the provisional visa in our passport after 6 months we can continue to use it or the 6 months are to activate it and the total time that can be used is one year so we can go in May for example.

3- If we enter and spend a few days there, will we have time to receive the SSN? Also, I'm still not sure if they send it to the address we mark on the DS or if we have to pick it up at an office.

sorry if I have not explained myself very well and thank you for your help.

The validity should be from the medical date until six months after.
I'd assume your medical was issued on about 11 February. Which would imply you were sent a 2Nl around then, so the interview should have been for March. Which absolutely doesn't make sense to me. You can ask the embassy/consulate for clarification. I recommend that you do ask them in case they made some mix-up and may need some correction. It shouldn't affect your status, but just in case their mix-up extends beyond the expiry date of visa and could cause trouble when you enter the US.
Incidentally no, we had the medical on the 9 of May, but I will be asking the embassy just in case. Thank you!

Good morning to all. I wanted to ask a couple of questions. Just to put some context, we have already received the 2NL and we have the interview in July:

1- My husband's mother just passed away, is it enough to bring the death certificate to the interview for them to change on the file and put that she is deceased or do we have to ask them to open the DS-260 for us to change it?

2- With the passing of my mother-in-law, our trip will be delayed for a few months until we get all the paperwork ready here. In theory we have 6 months from the medical review but, 6 months to enter for the first time and activate it or 6 months in which the provisional visa is valid ? I mean, can we activate the visa in September, go back to our country of origin, and enter definitively in March for example ? I have seen the visa of a friend and at the bottom of the page it says: serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year. Hence my confusion. The GCs are sent to a friend's house, but we do not know if with the provisional visa in our passport after 6 months we can continue to use it or the 6 months are to activate it and the total time that can be used is one year so we can go in May for example.

3- If we enter and spend a few days there, will we have time to receive the SSN? Also, I'm still not sure if they send it to the address we mark on the DS or if we have to pick it up at an office.

sorry if I have not explained myself very well and thank you for your help.
Sorry to learn of your loss.
1. You just need to inform them at the interview to update her information to deceased.
2. The visa, upon issue is typically valid for six months (corresponds to the medical exam completion date). You enter the US anytime within the validity period of th visa to activate your LPR status. Once that is done, the visa automatically becomes a temporary GC which is valid for one year, that is what the “serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year” means, although you missed out the part that says “upon endorsement”. The endorsement which turns it into a temporary GC happens at the POE when you arrive at the US. You can then use the temporary GC in place of the plastic GC for up to one year.
3. Probably not enough time. The plastic GC and the SSN gets mailed to your listed address.

Sorry to learn of your loss.
1. You just need to inform them at the interview to update her information to deceased.
2. The visa, upon issue is typically valid for six months (corresponds to the medical exam completion date). You enter the US anytime within the validity period of th visa to activate your LPR status. Once that is done, the visa automatically becomes a temporary GC which is valid for one year, that is what the “serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year” means, although you missed out the part that says “upon endorsement”. The endorsement which turns it into a temporary GC happens at the POE when you arrive at the US. You can then use the temporary GC in place of the plastic GC for up to one year.
3. Probably not enough time. The plastic GC and the SSN gets mailed to your listed address.
Thank you! The endorsement part wasn’t visible in the picture they sent me

Good to know that this visa is valid for one year! I am more relaxed. I had doubts that when you get the "real" GC, the one they put in your passport will no longer be valid.

Well, when we finally enter we will go to pick up the SSN and the GC where they have sent them to us.

Thank you very much as always for your help

Hey guys!
Sometimes medicals are only valid for 3 months. What was the date of your medical, and were there any TB related issues?
edit: i see medical on 9 May. If there were and cultures were received on 11 May, which makes sense as it could take a couple days after the exam to come back, then (see last sentence in extract below), that expiry date makes perfect sense.

edit to clarify:

Medical examinations are valid for 3 months for individuals with the following classifications:

• Class A TB with Waiver
  • Class B1 TB, Pulmonary*
  • Class B1 TB, Extrapulmonary*
  • Class B0 TB, Pulmonary*
*Travel clearance is valid for 3 months from the date final cultures are reported as negative.

Last edited:
Sometimes medicals are only valid for 3 months. What was the date of your medical, and were there any TB related issues?
edit: i see medical on 9 May. If there were and cultures were received on 11 May, which makes sense as it could take a couple days after the exam to come back, then (see last sentence in extract below), that expiry date makes perfect sense.

edit to clarify:

Medical examinations are valid for 3 months for individuals with the following classifications:

• Class A TB with Waiver
  • Class B1 TB, Pulmonary*
  • Class B1 TB, Extrapulmonary*
  • Class B0 TB, Pulmonary*
*Travel clearance is valid for 3 months from the date final cultures are reported as negative.
Thank you Susie!
Quite weird, as we don't have TB.

Hi everyone, I have interview coming soon in 10 days or so, already got flight tickets (interview in another country). My Ceas status was 'Ready' and now I just checked and it says 'Refused'. I'm shocked, refused prior interview? My 2nl still has interview date and time. Does anyone know what it means? What should I do?
Nothing. Some embassies tend to put case on administrative processing even when they run background checks before interview. Proceed normally and just ignore the CEAC.

Hi, Mr.britsimon.
My question is according to the savediversityvisa.org site it is showing in ASIA REGION as 8539 visas in TOTAL.
meaning some 2467 issued , while 4265 ready & 1325 refused & few in AP. So, will KCC be normally sending the 2NL unless 8500 visas are issued or they will stop now. BCOZ its not sure that all READY will be issued as many will be Rejected & many will be NO SHOW.
please can you elaborate on this.
Is there any chances of visas getting transferred to ASIA region from other unused region.

Those who’ve entered the US. how long did it take for your ssn??
I just applied for mine yesterday as Border Control Officer told me to apply in person, no matter what I stated in DS-260 regarding SSN. I've heard of wait times from 7 days to 2.5 months.