• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello everyone.
I just have a question. When you get the 2NL, the status changes to ready usually a day or two afterwards (mine was two days after). Then the embassy/consulate emails you telling you, you have an interview and confirm the date.
My question is, how long does it usually get after you reply to their email and confirm the date, for them to write something like: thanks for confirming, ... . Do they even respond?
If anyone has had an experience of a similar short delay or a similar nerve-wracking wait, please let us know.

hi everyone I got an email saying

:You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at https://dvprogram.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

Hi checked and nothing has changed (just the normal NL1)

What was I supposed to expect ?

Thanks!

Helllo @Sm1smom. So, I have some updates and I don’t know if this is the finale update for my case in ceac. It says Issued for me and my daughter and is still refused for my husband’s. Or I should wait for any email from them now? We have send the court decision already translated and certified.
Thanks in advance

hi everyone I got an email saying

:You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at https://dvprogram.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

Hi checked and nothing has changed (just the normal NL1)

What was I supposed to expect ?

Thanks!
That's the 2nl. Try checking in later and you'd see the appointment details on the dvprogram website.

Helllo @Sm1smom. So, I have some updates and I don’t know if this is the finale update for my case in ceac. It says Issued for me and my daughter and is still refused for my husband’s. Or I should wait for any email from them now? We have send the court decision already translated and certified.
Thanks in advance
Glad to know you and your daughter have been approved. I don't know if that is the final update or not in terms of your husband being denied. You will just have to wait and see for now. If it is a final denial for your husband, his passport will be returned without an immigrant visa stamp with your and your daughter's. But like I earlier stated, I don't want to speculate, so just wait and see.

Hello everyone.
I just have a question. When you get the 2NL, the status changes to ready usually a day or two afterwards (mine was two days after). Then the embassy/consulate emails you telling you, you have an interview and confirm the date.
My question is, how long does it usually get after you reply to their email and confirm the date, for them to write something like: thanks for confirming, ... . Do they even respond?
If anyone has had an experience of a similar short delay or a similar nerve-wracking wait, please let us know.
I guess it depends on the embassy. I didn’t get any email from Madrid embassy. I just got an auto reply when I registered my appointment to confirm the date in their website... so they don’t really contact you in this case. But I guess if you have your 2NL and yo want to know what to do now you can contact your embassy.
sorry I can’t help you more

Hello everyone.
I think you should check first your embassy checklist on the travel.gov website - there you should find a link to register your appointment.

When I filed my DS 260 I checked that I need to get a new SSN. When I will arrive at US do I need to go to an administrative office to apply for that or they are going to mail it to the address declared at the ds260?

When I filed my DS 260 I checked that I need to get a new SSN. When I will arrive at US do I need to go to an administrative office to apply for that or they are going to mail it to the address declared at the ds260?
It should come directly to your address. Sometimes something goes wrong. If you haven’t received it within a few weeks, check in at a SSA office.

Hi there!
I have a question - I'm the main applicant and my husband is joining me. The first time that I enter USA do I have to enter with my husband or can he enter after by himself?

Hi there!
I have a question - I'm the main applicant and my husband is joining me. The first time that I enter USA do I have to enter with my husband or can he enter after by himself?
If you are the principal, he has to enter with or after you (if after he can travel alone). The key restriction is that a derivative has no status without the principal, so cannot enter before them.

Hello everyone, dv2022 winner here. In myuscis I just filled the mailing address. I'm in USA for some days just to activate the process and visiting. Should I fill the physical address (in case it's the same of the mailing one) too considering I won't be there before some months?

Hello @Sm1smom , hope you are doing well. I have mentioned before that my husband has had a trial that he has been not informed since in that time had been abroad and the court has imposed a fine on him which has forgiven in the end.(nothing has been paid). He has had only the information that he has gotten a fine nothing more, he was not aware of the trial.( I want to add that this happened 11 years ago) In the DS 260 and also in the interview he has declared that he has not been convicted before. So the embassy thinks that he has not been sincere and that is the reason for denial.
1- is it a normal procedure to be informed for the denial of the visa through whats app messaging?
2- My husband received today a message that said your visa has been denied and also states that “you have not been sincere about your application, one of the most crucial parts of applying for a Green Card Lottery is that the applicant must not have any previous convictions in his home country or any country”. Is this true, you can not take a visa if you have been ever convicted?
3- In the end it says that the embassy will report this at police directorate and to the prosecutor, does this mean the embassy will investigate further more or does it mean that he was sued from the embassy?

Sorry for the long text

Hello @Sm1smom , hope you are doing well. I have mentioned before that my husband has had a trial that he has been not informed since in that time had been abroad and the court has imposed a fine on him which has forgiven in the end.(nothing has been paid). He has had only the information that he has gotten a fine nothing more, he was not aware of the trial.( I want to add that this happened 11 years ago) In the DS 260 and also in the interview he has declared that he has not been convicted before. So the embassy thinks that he has not been sincere and that is the reason for denial.
1- is it a normal procedure to be informed for the denial of the visa through whats app messaging?
2- My husband received today a message that said your visa has been denied and also states that “you have not been sincere about your application, one of the most crucial parts of applying for a Green Card Lottery is that the applicant must not have any previous convictions in his home country or any country”. Is this true, you can not take a visa if you have been ever convicted?
3- In the end it says that the embassy will report this at police directorate and to the prosecutor, does this mean the embassy will investigate further more or does it mean that he was sued from the embassy?

Sorry for the long text
1. I am not aware of any US embassy communicating an approval or denial decision via WhatsApp messaging app.
2. That is not quite accurate. Visa denial depends on what kind of conviction the applicant has had in the past. However, failure to disclose a conviction which ordinarily wouldn’t have led to a visa denial could indeed lead to a denial (not the conviction itself, but failure to disclose it could lead to a denial and a potential lifetime ban from the US).
3. The embassy does not sue for failure to disclose a conviction nor do they report the case to the local police AFAIK, they basically deny the application. The only time the embassy reports an applicant to the local police is if the applicant presented a fake document from the country. The embassy will not only deny and issue a lifetime ban, they will also report the applicant to the local police for the police to follow up and handle the case as appropriate based on the laws of that country.

Now, has the embassy sent back your passports, for you and your daughter with the issued visa? And how about your husband’s?

Hello everyone, dv2022 winner here. In myuscis I just filled the mailing address. I'm in USA for some days just to activate the process and visiting. Should I fill the physical address (in case it's the same of the mailing one) too considering I won't be there before some months?
The physical and mailing address needs to be a US address, you can fill out the same address.

1. I am not aware of any US embassy communicating an approval or denial decision via WhatsApp messaging app.
2. That is not quite accurate. Visa denial depends on what kind of conviction the applicant has had in the past. However, failure to disclose a conviction which ordinarily wouldn’t have led to a visa denial could indeed lead to a denial (not the conviction itself, but failure to disclose it could lead to a denial and a potential lifetime ban from the US).
3. The embassy does not sue for failure to disclose a conviction nor do they report the case to the local police AFAIK, they basically deny the application. The only time the embassy reports an applicant to the local police is if the applicant presented a fake document from the country. The embassy will not only deny and issue a lifetime ban, they will also report the applicant to the local police for the police to follow up and handle the case as appropriate based on the laws of that country.

Now, has the embassy sent back your passports, for you and your daughter with the issued visa? And how about your husband’s?
3- in which sense handle the case, if I may have an example?
None of us has taken back the passports yet. We are still waiting. I will keep posting for any updates, thank you

3- in which sense handle the case, if I may have an example?
None of us has taken back the passports yet. We are still waiting. I will keep posting for any updates, thank you
Handle the case as appropriate based on the laws of the country like I stated. The local police decides on what to do with the person with the fake documents, nothing to do with the embassy. I don’t have an example to give as what the police in country A decides to do in such a situation may not be the same thing the police in country B decides to do. Did your husband present a fake document to the embassy?

Sorry for the long text
Something sounds very fishy about this- the WhatsApp, the very strange wording you’ve posted which is very unlike normal DoS wording of denial letters, and the fact that there is nothing for the embassy to actually report to the local police/prosecutor (even intentional false information on a US form is not breaking local law). Honestly, it sounds to me like someone who knows your situation is setting you guys up for a scam. Make sure any communication you receive is from a verified US embassy telephone address or email and in fact I suggest you send copies of all this to the embassy to verify if it is actually them acting out of character, or if not to to let them know what’s going on. They certainly can report to the local police someone who is impersonating them.