• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Handle the case as appropriate based on the laws of the country like I stated. The local police decides on what to do with the person with the fake documents, nothing to do with the embassy. I don’t have an example to give as what the police in country A decides to do in such a situation may not be the same thing the police in country B decides to do. Did your husband present a fake document to the embassy?
No, the police certificate is sent directly to the embassy in my country, we can not change anything. The only think I guess is only not declaring or not presenting the court decision. Can we write an email to the embassy and explain that this was not in his attention to hide the conviction? Or can we do anything to explain to them and to request a forgiveness from them , idk if there is sth like that

Something sounds very fishy about this- the WhatsApp, the very strange wording you’ve posted which is very unlike normal DoS wording of denial letters, and the fact that there is nothing for the embassy to actually report to the local police/prosecutor (even intentional false information on a US form is not breaking local law). Honestly, it sounds to me like someone who knows your situation is setting you guys up for a scam. Make sure any communication you receive is from a verified US embassy telephone address or email and in fact I suggest you send copies of all this to the embassy to verify if it is actually them acting out of character, or if not to to let them know what’s going on. They certainly can report to the local police someone who is impersonating them.
I was surprised for the fact that today is Saturday and how come they work today!! I hope its a scam. I will communicate with the embassy in Monday to verify all this.

I was surprised for the fact that today is Saturday and how come they work today!! I hope its a scam. I will communicate with the embassy in Monday to verify all this.
Some embassies would work on Saturdays if they are a normal working day in the country, but I think this is pretty rare - most countries do not have Saturday as a workday. Nothing about this sounds right to me . Also, after I posted that I saw that you hadn’t got your passports back yet - one would normally get a denial letter with the passport if not given a visa. And it would be a proper letter, not a phone call or text message. (You might get a phone call if they needed more documents.)
So maybe the question you need to ask yourself is, have you or your husband been talking to anyone (outside the embassy of course) about the facts of the case?

Good evening,

I am the winner of DV lottery 2022, I had appeared for the interview on 6th May 2022, and I have received back my Passport along with the immigration packet on 10th May 2022.
After receiving the documents I noticed a typo in my Father's name on "Immigrant Data Summary". Since I have already received the documents and Passport, how do I need to correct my father's name on my application, Please advice.

Soon enough we were called to one window where we were asked to produce the documents. The lady was Spanish and didn't know very well the documents that she needed but she had someone instructing her. She took all our documents and then told us we need to send them a more recent French police certificate. (I had lived in France 4 years ago and obtained the certificate in 2021,but had since been back in France for 2 short trips.) lucky I had foreseen this and obtained a new certificate 2 days before the interview which I hadn't even managed to translate, but they luckily accepted it!
@ralu_de quick question. You mentioned that you got the French police certificate in 2021 and you still needed to provide them with a newer one. I was sure police certificates are valid for 2 years now...

Am I missing something here?

Good evening,

I am the winner of DV lottery 2022, I had appeared for the interview on 6th May 2022, and I have received back my Passport along with the immigration packet on 10th May 2022.
After receiving the documents I noticed a typo in my Father's name on "Immigrant Data Summary". Since I have already received the documents and Passport, how do I need to correct my father's name on my application, Please advice.
Was this an error in the DS260 or just the data summary?
anyway - it’s not material to your case.
do you expect to want to sponsor your father for a green card once you become a citizen?

@ralu_de quick question. You mentioned that you got the French police certificate in 2021 and you still needed to provide them with a newer one. I was sure police certificates are valid for 2 years now...

Am I missing something here?
On the travel.state.gov website it says: police certificates expire after two years unless the certificate was issues from your county of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. I had returned several times since I took the police certificate so I figured I'd take out a new one just in case, and lucky I did since they asked for it.

Hello guys, I'm not well familiar with CP as planning to do AOS (ready to send package in 3 days, CN current in June)
But yesterday my friend told me that I can try contact less busy US embassies, (e.g Rio de Janeiro, Chile and so on) and they might process my case if I'll be lucky, and allegedly some of dv winners already managed to get their 2NL in that way (CN's initially not related to that embassies).
I'm not able to check this information for truthful, and asking more experienced fellows if it makes any sense ?

Hello guys, I'm not well familiar with CP as planning to do AOS (ready to send package in 3 days, CN current in June)
But yesterday my friend told me that I can try contact less busy US embassies, (e.g Rio de Janeiro, Chile and so on) and they might process my case if I'll be lucky, and allegedly some of dv winners already managed to get their 2NL in that way (CN's initially not related to that embassies).
I'm not able to check this information for truthful, and asking more experienced fellows if it makes any sense ?
It is really up to the embassy. Most require you to be a national of or resident in the country, but some have been taking cases from other countries, especially the past couple of years. You would need to contact each embassy individually and ask them if they would do it. Have you submitted a DS260? If you have not done that yet, you may be cutting it too fine to switch to CP (typically KCC takes 1-2 months to process a DS260, and around 6 weeks notice to schedule an interview).

It is really up to the embassy. Most require you to be a national of or resident in the country, but some have been taking cases from other countries, especially the past couple of years. You would need to contact each embassy individually and ask them if they would do it. Have you submitted a DS260? If you have not done that yet, you may be cutting it too fine to switch to CP (typically KCC takes 1-2 months to process a DS260, and around 6 weeks notice to schedule an interview).
yes, submitted my DS-260 on September 2021, on April 21 2022 got my 2NL for AOS
1. Does that mean that my DS-260 already was processed by KCC ?
2. And if I'll manage to find any embassy ready to go with my case, that should take ~6 weeks to schedule an interview ?

yes, submitted my DS-260 on September 2021, on April 21 2022 got my 2NL for AOS
1. Does that mean that my DS-260 already was processed by KCC ?
2. And if I'll manage to find any embassy ready to go with my case, that should take ~6 weeks to schedule an interview ?
1. Yes, but as you have a 2NL for AOS it means KCC have you down for AOS. You will need to notify them you want to change to CP. Obviously, you don’t want to do this until you know you have an embassy that will accept your case.
2. From the time KCC know that you want to and have changed your processing, yes, as with everything else there will be some delay between you notifying KCC of this and when they record that and act on it. So that could still take a few weeks, judging bu some other posts we’ve seen here.

Is there any particular reason you want to change your mind this late in the game, especially given the above the absolute earliest you’d be likely to be scheduled an interview via CP is August? I personally don’t see a reason to change from AOS at this stage.

planning to do AOS (ready to send package in 3 days, CN current in June)
You are aware you don’t need to wait till June to send it in right? Although at this stage there is only one working day left in May anyway.

Hello my brothers and sisters on this platform
Please i need help
I was selected for the 2022 visa lottry and submitted my DBS260 form since November 2021 but i still have not recieved my appoinment please what should i do?

Hello my brothers and sisters on this platform
Please i need help
I was selected for the 2022 visa lottry and submitted my DBS260 form since November 2021 but i still have not recieved my appoinment please what should i do?
Did you receive a ready for scheduling email from KCC?
what country are you interviewing in and what is your case number range?

Is there any particular reason you want to change your mind this late in the game, especially given the above the absolute earliest you’d be likely to be scheduled an interview via CP is August? I personally don’t see a reason to change from AOS at this stage.
I'm just trying to figure out where I'll have more chance to get GC.
You are aware you don’t need to wait till June to send it in right? Although at this stage there is only one working day left in May anyway.
Yes, want to make sure that I won't be rejected for early filing even with policy memorandum.

thank you for provided information, appreciate your help

Was this an error in the DS260 or just the data summary?
anyway - it’s not material to your case.
do you expect to want to sponsor your father for a green card once you become a citizen?
The error is in my ds 260!
Yes ,i will sponsor my father!......
Is it possible that i can correct that typo in my father's name when I'll be surrendering the visa immigration packet at the US airport?

Hello
It has been passed over 2 month (70 days) since my interview date but still My case is undergoing administrative processing.
I want to know what factors consular take into consideration to issue visa when they apply to applicant public charge questionnaire after interview?
Thanks
which embassy ? any update or are you still undergoing administrative processing ?

The error is in my ds 260!
Yes ,i will sponsor my father!......
Is it possible that i can correct that typo in my father's name when I'll be surrendering the visa immigration packet at the US airport?
You can ask, but I’m not sure they are authorized to make that change there. If it is just a typo it wouldn’t be a problem for sponsoring him down the line, I wouldn’t worry about it.

You can ask, but I’m not sure they are authorized to make that change there. If it is just a typo it wouldn’t be a problem for sponsoring him down the line, I wouldn’t worry about it.
And that typo is just an alphabet.....my father's name is idrees, but in ds 260 i had written idress